Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

Fuel injector cleaner....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 PM

Fuel injector cleaner....

Guys are those liquid you add on the gas called FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER really works? ...... Thnx
Old 10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

you start some great threads....

no try the NON liquid ones... much better... LOL
Old 10-28-2007, 07:33 AM

^ hahaha, yeah right, dont give him any ideas please, and no most of them are **** in a can
Old 10-28-2007, 08:16 AM

I suspect you have never tried a fuel injector cleaner and don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Try Chevron Techron or Gumout Regane just before an oil change. Prior to every 2nd oil change probably is frequent enough. If your car had higher mileage, BG44K might be worth a shot. On a maintenance basis, LubeControl FP60 is supposed to be a good product, but I am not sure if its available in stores.

Originally Posted by andrei3333
^ hahaha, yeah right, dont give him any ideas please, and no most of them are **** in a can
Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bobo
I suspect you have never tried a fuel injector cleaner and don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Try Chevron Techron or Gumout Regane just before an oil change. Prior to every 2nd oil change probably is frequent enough. If your car had higher mileage, BG44K might be worth a shot. On a maintenance basis, LubeControl FP60 is supposed to be a good product, but I am not sure if its available in stores.
no i know exactly what i am talking about, thats why i said MOST, not all are useless (you gota know how to read man), the ones you listed are the same ones the whole .org swears by but there are many other brands that dont work, which are the ones i am talking about.

besides i never saw those names in my local stores
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 AM

Perhaps in your infinite wisdom, you could specifically state which fuel injector cleaners to avoid, eg. STP.

I coudn't find Gumout Regane locally, but I bought it in Washington state and will be using it shortly. It gets good reviews on BITOG.

I used BG44K recently in another car, with great success. It completely eliminated a surging problem and stalling issue during vehicle warmup. It is more concentrated than what I currently require for the Maxima.

Chevron Techron was pulled from the market in British Columbia as a result of a legal issue, but I understand that has been resolved and it is now or soon will be marketed again.

QUOTE=andrei3333;6034437]no i know exactly what i am talking about, thats why i said MOST, not all are useless (you gota know how to read man), the ones you listed are the same ones the whole .org swears by but there are many other brands that dont work, which are the ones i am talking about.

besides i never saw those names in my local stores[/QUOTE]
Old 10-28-2007, 10:08 AM

wynns, stp (all of them) slick 50, canadian tires motomaster brand, penzzoil yellow stuff are the ones that register in my mind right now as crap that does not work

GREAT SUCCESS, BORAT!!!! lol love that line
Old 10-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Personally ive tried the BG44K and Chevron Techron fuel additives. I believe they do help, but the best stuff by far is a product by 3M. You will need 2 cans of it, and it is fairly pricey, but obviously just by using it you will understand how it is so much more effective. You have to disconnect your FPR, and a fuel line, you use the 3M kit which has an adapter which fits onto your stock fuel line, and basically this stuff is injected right into the injectors. I used it and i noticed my noisy fuel injectors have quietened down a lot. Ill try find a link for it.

That is the kit needed to use it, and the actual product can be found on the 3M site by simply going to google and typing in 3M fuel injector cleaner.

Honestly id just take it to the dealership and get it done, cheaper because you dont have to buy the kit.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/mmm8836.html
Old 10-28-2007, 04:47 PM
MAXIN' ON

$292 man thats alot. Arent new ones like $300? Although labor would be much unless you had a day you wanted to waste. Have them flow matched before put in . LOL
Old 10-28-2007, 06:20 PM

I guess i should explain. I work at a dealership, so i pay next to nothing for anything I bought the 3M fuel injector cleaner for cost (11.56 per bottle), and used the kit at my work. Cost me like 25$ with taxes. I dont know what the dealer charges to do that but ithink its part of the 96K service.

If i was going to go thru the trouble to get my injectors flow matched/tested and cleaned, i would just go out and get some 370cc injectors and save myself trouble down the road when i SC this thing. I have a AFPR at home, and my safc2, so its no problem for me.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
. . . the best stuff by far is a product by 3M. You will need 2 cans of it, and it is fairly pricey, but obviously just by using it you will understand how it is so much more effective. You have to disconnect your FPR, and a fuel line, you use the 3M kit which has an adapter which fits onto your stock fuel line, and basically this stuff is injected right into the injectors. I used it and i noticed my noisy fuel injectors have quietened down a lot. . .
This is why you want to stay on top of keeping your injectors clean as you drive. If you do that then you won't need this expensive process -- or to replace the injectors. I do a Techron treatment (through the gas tank) just before every oil change. But then I recently went from a 7.5 K miles OCI to a 10 K miles OCI (now that my power-train warranty is over). If you have a shorter OCI, you should probably follow Bobo's advice about doing a tratment every other oil change.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Well unfortunetly some of us do not drive a vehicle that is that new. My car when i got it already had 260,000kms. I have all the service records, but unfortunetly they dont show any fuel system service.

All i am saying is:

the by far one of the best fuel system cleaners is the 3M. The chevron stuff may work, but it cant be too powerful, remember its in the tank so if its too strong, it will start to eat away at rubber fuel lines and such. This stuff is injected almost right into the fuel rail, it is mixed with the fuel, which is set by the user, but obviously it can be much stronger, as it has minimal contact with rubber fuel lines and such.

some of the techs at my work will tell you all the crap you put in your tank doesnt do much..personally i agree, but i do feel the BG 44K does help, and i have used the chevron techron fuel system cleaner, and it did help, but nothing as noticeable as the 3M.

Just remember it doesnt matter what grade gas you use, your injectors can and will still get dirty, i think a majority of it depends where you buy your gas, i never fill up after the truck has been, and i only go to 1 gas station unless im like riding on empty and im no where close to it. Only 94 in this car, its only lived on premium. 310,000kms away it still runs good minus a small oil leak.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:57 AM
wants an I35

FP60 and LC20 are not available in stores.
only on the internet, and they cost around 30$ per bottle (each bottle is a gallon).

and 96blkonblk, wtf are noisy fuel injectors?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 AM

Locally the stealerships don't do a fuel injector service at 96k. They add a BG product called BG02 which I believe is supposed to help clean the fuel injectors and remove any moisture from the fuel system.

Like SilverMax04 says, if you stay on top of things (and in my view, get out on the highway routinely), you shouldn't have to go the 3M route.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 AM
MAXIN' ON

Noisy fuel injecter I think are they fire at a sequence to let out fuel, which has a valve that opens and closes to do this. If its sticking they will tick tick tick I think.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM

4th gens naturally have loud lifters (i think thats what those parts are called) - its been said here before

as i said - most of the stuff you pour into your tank is garbage and does not work because its not concentrated enough

Last edited by andrei3333; 10-29-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 PM

Well if you are familiar of how injectors work, you will understand how they get noisy..similar to valvetrain noise, just less noisy and less "intense" so to speak.

In my opinion, the 3m route would be ideal, if you had the tools to do so, i would do that over anything you put in your tank, but as most can understand we dont all have access to those tools, so for some its just easier to go for the in tank method.

Just a quick question, perhaps maybe bobo could answer this, is there anywhere local that sells auto-rx or can i only order it online from there site? thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM
MAXIN' ON

http://www.bgfindashop.com/locator/r...ing=1&radius=5

Enter your zip for local dealers who carry some BG products and see if then carry it or can get it.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 AM

Auto-RX can only be sourced from their website. I believe there is a coupon available from the BITOG site.

I met a mechanic on the BITOG site in July 2005 who only lives about 3 kilometres from me, coincidentally. He had some spare Auto-RX and sold me a bottle for Cdn$30. I haven't been in touch with him since, but have his BITOG username and believe he is still active on that website.

It would be easiest to poll some on the local members and maybe buy a few bottles.

I don't need any right now and am not inclined to use it on a maintenance basis where some is added at each oil change on an ongoing basis.

I do endorse the product. I used it before I switched to synthetic oil.

I cut the OEM filter open following the rinse phase and was surprised by how much crud was captured, given how good of shape my engine was and the amount of varnish evident in the crankcase.

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
Well if you are familiar of how injectors work, you will understand how they get noisy..similar to valvetrain noise, just less noisy and less "intense" so to speak.

In my opinion, the 3m route would be ideal, if you had the tools to do so, i would do that over anything you put in your tank, but as most can understand we dont all have access to those tools, so for some its just easier to go for the in tank method.

Just a quick question, perhaps maybe bobo could answer this, is there anywhere local that sells auto-rx or can i only order it online from there site? thanks!