Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

Shell Gasoline with nitrogen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 AM

Shell Gasoline with nitrogen?

I'm on long island Ny and passed a Shell station that advertised its gas was now made with nitrogen...looked it up on their web site. I believe this is just a new name for their "v power" brand. I couldn't find any data or direct comparisons to other name brands.

The experts at Shell have found a way to destroy gunk with all three grades of Shell gasoline! Every drop of Shell gasoline contains a NEW Nitrogen Enriched cleaning system that seeks and destroys engine gunk in both conventional and modern engines. There's nothing else like it!

What makes NEW Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines even better?
A unique, patented, improved formula exclusive to Shell designed to seek and destroy engine gunk.

Acts as a barrier to help keep your engine clean and protect it from performance-robbing gunk even better than before.
Helps protect and clean critical engine parts in all three grades of Shell gasoline with the most advanced Shell technology ever.

Helps improve engine performance as you drive.

Has been extensively tested, clocking more than a half-million miles in various engines and vehicles, covering a wide range of conventional, modern turbo-charged, direct fuel- injected and hybrid engines.

The Shell Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System contains a "carrier fluid" that acts like water, washing away both the cleaning agents and the engine gunk into the cylinder, where gunk is destroyed as part of the combustion process. In addition, The Nitrogen Enriched Cleaning System acts like a barrier to keep engines clean and protect them from performance-robbing gunk better than before. Try Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines and experience the benefits for yourself.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was curious of this too. I saw the commercial last night, the one where this gas 'cleans the valves'.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 AM

i go to shell all the time........on bayshore road in bayshore,if your around from there???

place is pretty cheap on there gas so its good.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:56 PM

I gas up at that Shell quite often in the summer. I saw that commercial as well. Very curious.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I just filled up today with 91oct from Shell so we'll see if it feels any different than before. I seriously doubt it. Seems like a marketing scheme to me.

Oh and I read something interesting about this somewhere online that the air being sucked in is already 78% nitrogen, so does this cause the engine to be leaner?

Last edited by SmokeNismo; 03-10-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

http://forums.maxima.org/general-max...-enriched.html