Garage and Workshop This forum is for discussions of what goes on in the garage - "the tools, the techniques, the tricks" ...or something like that. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CAR HERE.

ProScan OBD software

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:56 PM

ProScan OBD software

I bought a used Proscan OBD II setup for my laptop and I am trying to get it to work. The software CD was version 5.0 and it doesn't work with Windows 7. Downloaded updated verson 5.9 and it says it connects with the car but I don't get any data back. The only thing that looks like it might be working is that it says I don't have a check engine light, which is true. Maybe tomorrow I'll pull of a vacuum line and cause a check engine light and see if that part of ProScan actually works.

Is there anyone using ProScan that could give me some guidance?

I have sent e-mails to ProScan but have yet to get a reply. I'm beginning to think that ProScan may not be a product to deal with.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:05 PM

UPDATE:

I have given up on this. I believe that the ELM interface is bad. The guy I bought it from is a nice guy. He tried to help me, but he doesn't know much more than I do and will give me my money back.

As for ProScan, stay away from their stuff. I suppose if it worked, that would be fine. But once they sell it, they don't exist.

ProScan is the product of David Gore, who created a company called Gore Research located in West Virginia. He also has a photography company and seems to be into other things as well, such as finger print recognition. There is a website that lists complaints about them not responding to requests. ( http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...-Research.aspx ) They do not provide a phone number to contact them, either sales or support. For sales or support, you use their website so that you do not even have any proof of contact to.

In my case, I used the tech support page to ask question on Dec 01. On Dec 04 I tried again. As of today, no response from them.

So again - DO NOT BUY PROSCAN !! Their web address is myscantool.com.