General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ne1 use turtle wax chipstick b4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 03:38 PM

ne1 use turtle wax chipstick b4?

Has anyone used this
it comes with turtle wax color cure polish

someone keyed my car about 2 weeks back it did go through the paint according to my nail

but i'm wondering if this stuff would work
my dad says to try it
but i don't want to get the scratch ne worse then it already is
Old 07-14-2002, 04:26 PM

Re: ne1 use turtle wax chipstick b4?

Originally posted by 2K255HP
Has anyone used this

someone keyed my car about 2 weeks back it did go through the paint according to my nail

my dad says to try it
it doesnt work. i have a whole bottle of black thats been tested once .. what a waste of 8 bucks
Old 07-14-2002, 04:27 PM

If It's Too Good To Be True, It Probably Is.....

Originally posted by 2K255HP
Has anyone used this

my dad says to try it
Don't waste your $$$$ on this. I had some scratches on my bumper, so I went out and bought some of the Turtle Wax Colour Cure Polish and I tried it out. I used the chip stick and it filled in the scratch mark, followed the directions on the bottle, but after like 2 days, it wore off It just doesn't work.
Try some of that Scratch X applicant. I haven't tried it, but heard it works.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:23 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Same here. I tried using it on the chips in the front, and it was useless !
Old 07-14-2002, 05:27 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by kloogy
Same here. I tried using it on the chips in the front, and it was useless !
Was this on your old V8 beast or the max?

WOW i'm glad to hear others have the same problem. I went to autozone one day thinking wow this stuff will take out the white marks and scratches in my bumper. It didn't do a DAMN bit of good. The only thing is the polish took out most of the tiny hairline scratches around my keyholes in the front doors, but still a small consolation.

DON'T waste your money.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Was this on your old V8 beast or the max?

WOW i'm glad to hear others have the same problem. I went to autozone one day thinking wow this stuff will take out the white marks and scratches in my bumper. It didn't do a DAMN bit of good. The only thing is the polish took out most of the tiny hairline scratches around my keyholes in the front doors, but still a small condolence.

DON'T waste your money.
This is on my Max I bought in April Nissan paint SUCKS ! All the other 5th gen guys have the same problem !
Old 07-14-2002, 08:30 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by kloogy

This is on my Max I bought in April Nissan paint SUCKS ! All the other 5th gen guys have the same problem !:d:
Mine still looks sexy...no chips. And my car is approx. 7 years older than yours
Old 07-15-2002, 12:42 PM

well i have the 3m clear bra but i have 1 or 2 small chips up near the top of the hood
i read some reviews which were very limited saying the chipstick doesn't work i just wanted to get more opinions

thx guys
Old 07-15-2002, 01:40 PM

I've used it on my black Maxima, and an anthracite blue VW Passat. I didn't expect it to magically fill in my scratches, or chips. It work satisfactorily for me. What it actually does is take the white out of the scratches, and turns them a variant of your car's color. It just makes it so the chips, etc don't stand out as much. It takes alot of elbow grease to really rub the stuff in, and get it to stay. IMHO, for the money I would buy it again, simply for 2 reasons.

1.) If you've ever waxed with regular wax, you know how much of a bi*** it is to get ALL the white residue off. Weeks after a waxing, you'll still find some spots where there is white wax still left in a nook or cranny (ie emblems, around molding etc). With the colored wax, this doesn't show up near as bad, especially on a red or black car.

2.) It does make rock chips, etc harder to see, especially from any kind of a distance. Step back from a 10 year old car afer using the colored wax (about 5 feet), and you won't see the rock chips. Now if you are really close, and look, you'll still see them, just not a obvious. All in ALL it gets rid of the sandblasted look of your bumper/hood.