General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter now available, any better than RT or Carsound

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter now available, any better than RT or Carsound

There is now a Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter available from Warpspeed performance. I was thinking of getting a high flow cat to go with my Y and B pipes and completing my exhaust (until someone makes headers that work). The carsound cat seems to be a pretty good deal and there is a group deal on the RT cat just getting started.

Then I stumbled across this http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/metalsubstrate.htm - will this show any gains over stock or other high flow cats? The cost is a little more but if it is better I will definatly consider it (Group deal anyone?)

There is one other thread on this but not much information, and I spelled catalytic right http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=61301
Old 07-21-2002, 08:06 PM

Re: Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter now available, any better than RT or Carsound

Originally posted by Anachronism
There is now a Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter available from Warpspeed performance. I was thinking of getting a high flow cat to go with my Y and B pipes and completing my exhaust (until someone makes headers that work). The carsound cat seems to be a pretty good deal and there is a group deal on the RT cat just getting started.

Then I stumbled across this http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/metalsubstrate.htm - will this show any gains over stock or other high flow cats? The cost is a little more but if it is better I will definatly consider it (Group deal anyone?)

There is one other thread on this but not much information, and I spelled catalytic right http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=61301
Humm..anyone????
Old 07-22-2002, 10:30 AM
boo
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anachronism, I ordered one last week along with y-pipe and b-pipe!
I spoke with Dallas about the converter and one of my major concerns was the new emissions testing in Houston. Dallas mentioned that the metallic converters hit the normal operating temp much faster than ceramic. In my eyes this was an emissions advantage over any ceramic converter.

I did some research on comparisons between metallic and ceramic converters and metallic is better overall.

Sorry about the group deal I already bought mine!

I'm not sure if Warpspeed has shipped my items yet but when I get them I will have a before and after dyno. Unfortunately we will not be able to get the individual results of just the converter because I will be applying the y and b at the same time.

boo
Old 07-26-2002, 07:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by boo
I spoke with Dallas about the converter and one of my major concerns was the new emissions testing in Houston. Dallas mentioned that the metallic converters hit the normal operating temp much faster than ceramic. In my eyes this was an emissions advantage over any ceramic converter.

I did some research on comparisons between metallic and ceramic converters and metallic is better overall.

I'm not sure if Warpspeed has shipped my items yet but when I get them I will have a before and after dyno. Unfortunately we will not be able to get the individual results of just the converter because I will be applying the y and b at the same time.

boo
Any dyno is good but I wish we could get one of just the cat. I like the fact that it warms up quicker since I have removed the Pre-cats. I have been waiting for a Warpspeed B-pipe for a while now so I wouldn't count on getting it any time soon. Warpspeed = Great products and prices but SLOW shipping.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by Anachronism

Any dyno is good but I wish we could get one of just the cat. I like the fact that it warms up quicker since I have removed the Pre-cats. I have been waiting for a Warpspeed B-pipe for a while now so I wouldn't count on getting it any time soon. Warpspeed = Great products and prices but SLOW shipping.
Anybody has one yet????
Old 08-12-2002, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by boo

Did you receive your order?
Thanks

boo