General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

3.5 Swap on any Gen. !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by UglyMax

You know, like the GLEs. Leather interior, nice chrome(not bling bling) wheels, wood grain dash, nice stereo system. You know luxury type style. Right now I have the most basic model there is. But then again a basic Max is more stylish than alot of other cars period.
Oh so you want INFINITI style??? eh?

I'm just pulling your chain here, but I do know a few people who have done some research on this. If you want to Email me I'll give you a hand in what I know and so forth, who know maybe between you and them you can do this and I can be Normally Aspirtated and in the mid 13's.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:22 PM
pro

Originally posted by Lordrandall

Does everyone you meet during the day agree with 100% of the things you say? Do you expect it to be any different on the web?

Learn to ignore the posts that don't give you the information you need. You blood pressure will thank you.

No but when someone doesn't agree with something they dont have to flame the person they could simply say "I dont agree here is why..." and not go out and put rude smilies, call them stupid, or other things. It's just like ricers (I hate the word rice but since most of you like it I will use it) go out and flame cars they think they could beat with out saying how they are going to do that. "Yeah I see your corvette there but you are a total ****ing idiot if you think your stupid a** is going to beat my civic. My car is god you stupid b****." I know you guys aren't as rude but that is what it comes out sounding like.
Paul
Old 07-24-2002, 04:28 PM

Originally posted by pro

No but when someone doesn't agree with something they dont have to flame the person they could simply say "I dont agree here is why..." and not go out and put rude smilies, call them stupid, or other things. It's just like ricers (I hate the word rice but since most of you like it I will use it) go out and flame cars they think they could beat with out saying how they are going to do that. "Yeah I see your corvette there but you are a total ****ing idiot if you think your stupid a** is going to beat my civic. My car is god you stupid b****." I know you guys aren't as rude but that is what it comes out sounding like.
Paul
I hate how people try to relieve stress by ****ing swearing and knowing full well that this board is rated PG. So fake the words so we can understand what the he!l you are talking about. STOP WHOREING... <---there is your angry smiley.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:34 PM

usually when all is said and done, much more was said than done
Old 07-24-2002, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by undercvr
usually when all is said and done, much more was said than done
I think we all know some examples of people who have ideas, but either never put them into effect, or, they go ahead and pursue them regardless of cost. Say a couple bought a small house for 250,000. Then they go ahead and spend 100,000 in improvements and expansion. When they go to sell the home, it's worth 265,000 to 280,000. They yell and scream WTF is going on we spent 100k on improvements. Is it cost effective? Not really. But they do have the house of their dreams, just can't resell it (true couple).

Anyone who has money to burn and time, they could swap out the motor. But what would be the purpose or accomplishment in doing so? One of granpas friends put a Mustang 5.0 litre into his Volvo 240, purchased a kit. Now he has a much more problematic car than if he had popped another 4-cyl motor into it.

So if that's your dream car, a 4th gen with a 2k2 motor in it, go for it. But surely a person has more imagination than that.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:47 PM

I'm in full support of any enthusiasm for the 3.5 swap. it may not have been done yet, but somebody will. Props to anybody that will try.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

geez....this whole thread..... ..id like to see it done..and i love the thinking...foreward thinkers=progress. Like it is in the car industry..anything can be done...its just a matter of money. Ive seen pics of cars in japan...Toyota supra with a Rb26skyline motor stuffed in it. Nissan silvia with a Supra 3.0 Inline 6 motor stuffed in it. Also the infamous IS430SC...yep..bascially a IS300...with the 4.3L v-8 SUpercharged in that little IS300 body. Now...why would you want a Skyline motor in a supra?...or a Supra motor in a Silvia (240)...its all about the status...ideal or not...it dosent matter..some people just want it done! stupid idea...mabey...then again the tuners who stuffed a 4.3L lexus V8 thats supercharged into a IS300...probably started out just like this guy...posted a issue that seemed un-resonable and got flamed to hell. But there are the people who are all talk. only time will tell...and we'll see whos laffing in 2 years. Who knows...he might fit a skyline motor in his 4th gen maxima in the next 2 years. Let him and his ideas be...let him use search..let him ask questions.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by clee130
Next time a thread like this pops up, this will be my response:

yo kid! that would be mad sweet, yo! you would have like tons of torque and mad hp, man! that ish would be crazy tite! you would smoke dem stupid civic ricers left and right! yo, do that ish and take pics! I wanna do that ish too, but I ain't gots no money.

Yo, there gonna be haters coming in and posting later and hating on your idea and s**t. yo man, don't let them haters get you down bro! fuggin do that ish and you be da man, kid!

Mad sweet idea man!
why not make that your sig with the a header saying ontop "if my post offends you, then please read the following"

i too think a 3.5 swap is not the best option.. .if i was stuck in your shoes i'de take that money, put use it as a down payment and roll away in a faster brand new car without getting your fingers dirty.. doinga 3.5 swap will also throw away your idea of getting a blower.. there is not a kit on the market right now that is a direct bolt on for the 2k2 max.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:14 AM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
geez....this whole thread..... ..id like to see it done..and i love the thinking...foreward thinkers=progress. Like it is in the car industry..anything can be done...its just a matter of money. Ive seen pics of cars in japan...Toyota supra with a Rb26skyline motor stuffed in it. Nissan silvia with a Supra 3.0 Inline 6 motor stuffed in it. Also the infamous IS430SC...yep..bascially a IS300...with the 4.3L v-8 SUpercharged in that little IS300 body. Now...why would you want a Skyline motor in a supra?...or a Supra motor in a Silvia (240)...its all about the status...ideal or not...it dosent matter..some people just want it done! stupid idea...mabey...then again the tuners who stuffed a 4.3L lexus V8 thats supercharged into a IS300...probably started out just like this guy...posted a issue that seemed un-resonable and got flamed to hell. But there are the people who are all talk. only time will tell...and we'll see whos laffing in 2 years. Who knows...he might fit a skyline motor in his 4th gen maxima in the next 2 years. Let him and his ideas be...let him use search..let him ask questions.
Interesting post, I can only imagine that the difference being that these are all "somewhat" exotic cars, all fairly high end in their platforms... and if they are in Japan, they probably all have less than 30k miles on them when the swaps are being done. This is a 95 Maxima GXE with a 150k miles. I too wouild find it interesting if people did start doing these swaps... why not?... we do all kinds of other crazy stuff to our cars.