General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 12:25 AM

Tint Ticket

I pig on a motorcycle pulled me over with my windows rolled down...wrote me up for clear sidemaker and exessive tint.

Anyway I can keep my Tint?
How much is the ticket for?
This happen to anyone?
Old 08-25-2002, 01:00 AM

Re: Tint Ticket

Well first of all, a police officer pulled you over, not a pig. Calling him derogatory comments does nothing to solve your problem and makes you sound immature. Now back to business...

1.TO solve the tinting and lighting problem you must go get it past off by someone who is certified, this can be done ( I believe) at any place that can do emissions/inspections.
Solution:
-your tint IS legal, so you just need to get it passed off, simple!!!
-take out your illegal ricer lights *yes I’m assuming here, but its probably a safe bet*
- take it to a more run down inspection place, tip the guy a 20+ and say your windows weren’t passing inspecitoin, can you check and make sure they are….work your magic. =D

btw- if you just have the clear sidemarkers, if you have the correct bulbs there should be NO problem, my car went through inspection @ a very up to date, well kept place, and passed fine...

I hope this helps!! Take it easy...
Old 08-25-2002, 01:51 AM

Depends where you are, tints may be illigal or they may have a limit set on them
See your state's or province's Highway Traffic Act.

The clear sidemarkers must have a specific bulb, brightness etc.
If it was one of those do it yourself in 30min sidemarkers, you they are bright enought to light up a runway or have more colours on them than the rainbow, it is safe to say as mentioned above that they are Rice and that would make them Illigal.

PS
There are no "pigs" out there, just drivers with an attitude.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:47 AM

dont tint ur windows past ur legal limit..or u get ticket.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
dont tint ur windows past ur legal limit..or u get ticket.
Old 08-25-2002, 03:25 PM

Re: Tint Ticket

my personal experience - - the DMV in hamden, CT wouldn't pass me even when i had the amber bulbs in my clear front bumpers.. so i took my mom's max (all stock)the next day to the other dmv and got it signed off as that. cause on my ticket he didnt write my vin or anything. woohoo!!

you can always just put the stock ones in for the inspection, then put the clears back in.. but make sure to have amber bulbs...?
Old 08-25-2002, 06:59 PM

Go to a nissan dealership and find a car thats the same yr / color as yours. Take it for a test drive, hoping the salesman doesnt come. Put your lisence plate on the car and you pass the test!
Old 08-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by BBaker025
Go to a nissan dealership and find a car thats the same yr / color as yours. Take it for a test drive, hoping the salesman doesnt come. Put your lisence plate on the car and you pass the test!
Another thing you can do to keep the tint you have, is find a friendly eye doctor to write you a prescription for the dark tint, cause your eyes are so sensitive to bright light. Worked for me.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:50 PM

Originally posted by bratcatbella

Another thing you can do to keep the tint you have, is find a friendly eye doctor to write you a prescription for the dark tint, cause your eyes are so sensitive to bright light. Worked for me.
Haha
haven't heard this one yet
Old 08-25-2002, 11:14 PM

I'll do the infamous maxima.org thing "I CALL BS" great idea and all, but why should a single individual make it unsafe for other motorists and more importantly motorcyclists. They are taught to watch drivers eyes adn by having a tint to dark they cna no longer do that... so what else can i say but

"Scan the note"
"Lets see video tape"
lol...
Old 08-26-2002, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by MaximaMan
I'll do the infamous maxima.org thing "I CALL BS" great idea and all, but why should a single individual make it unsafe for other motorists and more importantly motorcyclists. They are taught to watch drivers eyes adn by having a tint to dark they cna no longer do that... so what else can i say but

"Scan the note"
"Lets see video tape"
lol...

actually a doctor can write a note for super dark tint..it does work..
Old 08-26-2002, 04:40 AM

why do they have this stupid tint law anyways? so cops can see you better? its so impractical! In hot weather, uv light is harmful and all this law does is expose more people to the dangerous elements. yes, driving is a privilege..yotta yotta yotta, but its also a necessity in this country b/c we got such an inadequate POS mass transit system! give us a break and let us friggin' tint our cars geez!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:08 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Originally posted by $tillen$ux
why do they have this stupid tint law anyways? so cops can see you better? its so impractical! In hot weather, uv light is harmful and all this law does is expose more people to the dangerous elements. yes, driving is a privilege..yotta yotta yotta, but its also a necessity in this country b/c we got such an inadequate POS mass transit system! give us a break and let us friggin' tint our cars geez!!!
UV light is not as harmful as the gun the cops can't see a perp reaching for because of the super-dark tint...

You guys are sooo picked on. I just realised 3 days ago that when I resprayed the clearcoat on my back bumper (6 months ago?!) I accidentally put my FRONT plate on the back and the rear plate in the trunk (don't like how the front plate ruins the look of the front end). So I've been driving around with no front plate, and no registration sticker for 6mo, and no cop ever looked at me twice in all that time.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:16 AM
I'm so hood

tint tickets are weird in nebraska.

The cops that hand them out say they're moving violations. But they don't know how many points they incur.

The DMV doesn't know. The city prosecutors office doesn't know. The state trooper's office doesn't know. They do offer a way out of a tint ticket - well, here, there's two driving classes you cna take to get out of tickets, a 4hr (once every 3 years) and an 8hr (once a lifetime). The tint violation is covered...by the EIGHT HOUR class (and the people that run the class dont know how many points the vio incurs).

I got two tickets in two different cars in three months. Both cases I ended up taking it off to save trouble, but in one, I simply told the prosecutor in the court room I'd taken it off on the day of the arraignment, and she dismissed the case.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

To all that have tinting problems do what I did. Go see an eye doctor at America's Best or Pearl Vision, it doesn't really matter. And get a note. I have a note and no problem. My note includes that I have allergies and my eyes are very sensetive to light. You should see their faces when I show them the note.