General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Warpspeed B-pipe possible fitment issue, or did I install it wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Warpspeed B-pipe possible fitment issue, or did I install it wrong?

I installed my Warpspeed B-pipe with my stock muffler last week. The rear section seems to be to far towards the passenger side, the B-pipe rubs against the bracket for my Addco RSB and pushes my cat over. It also makes my muffler crooked and the tip is off center.

It is a two piece design with the connection being in the straight section after the first bend. It looks like if I cut an inch or so out of that section than reconnect then everything should fit. But before I do that I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong. Shoud I cut it?

Here is a pic of where the two pieces connect, this is the bpipe fix that connects to the stock exhaust but the 2 piece b-pipe that I have joins in the same spot.

and the full size image -- http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/bpipe.JPG

Edit -- There are also two pictures of the same B-pipe I have in the first post of this thread -- http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=139236

I don't think cutting the Bpipe is a big deal, I just do not want to ruin the pipe if that is not the problem.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The B-Pipe goes over your stock pipe. That means the diameter of that pipe is slightly larger then your stock system. If you cut the B-Pipe your shortening the amount of overlap to properly set the two pipes together. Cut the pipe that goes inside of the other one. In this case I believe thats your stock pipe.

Does that make sense?

Tom
Old 08-26-2002, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
The B-Pipe goes over your stock pipe. That means the diameter of that pipe is slightly larger then your stock system. If you cut the B-Pipe your shortening the amount of overlap to properly set the two pipes together. Cut the pipe that goes inside of the other one. In this case I believe thats your stock pipe.

Does that make sense?

Tom
I do not have the bpipe fix, I have the complete B-pipe. I just used that picture because it they do not have a pictur of the full bpipe on their site. It looks the same except instead of the rear part bein the stock exhaust it is another pipe provided by warpspeed. If you look at the pictures in the first post of the linked thread that is what I have.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:05 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Originally posted by Anachronism

I do not have the bpipe fix, I have the complete B-pipe. I just used that picture because it they do not have a pictur of the full bpipe on their site. It looks the same except instead of the rear part bein the stock exhaust it is another pipe provided by warpspeed. If you look at the pictures in the first post of the linked thread that is what I have.
I know of what you speak but I got around by getting the male section
pressed completely into the female section. It just took a few shots
of PB Blaster and then they slipped together fine. With the pieces
connected as you have them now, take a marker and draw a line on the
rear section of pipe right at the joint. Then drop, take the parts
apart and ensure that you are fully seated into the female section.
I found that it wasn't, pushed them together and fitment issue was
resolved. That said, I do have a problem with the CAT and front
section being about 3/4" too long. A bear to cut there so I've asked
for a replacement pipe. I think it's the flanges welded on by WSP
that have created a system just slightly longer than it should be.
Not a huge problem but I do get some rubbing on the heat shield.

Cheers,

JK
Old 08-26-2002, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by joaquink

I know of what you speak but I got around by getting the male section
pressed completely into the female section. It just took a few shots
of PB Blaster and then they slipped together fine. With the pieces
connected as you have them now, take a marker and draw a line on the
rear section of pipe right at the joint. Then drop, take the parts
apart and ensure that you are fully seated into the female section.
I found that it wasn't, pushed them together and fitment issue was
resolved. That said, I do have a problem with the CAT and front
section being about 3/4" too long. A bear to cut there so I've asked
for a replacement pipe. I think it's the flanges welded on by WSP
that have created a system just slightly longer than it should be.
Not a huge problem but I do get some rubbing on the heat shield.

Cheers,

JK
I did that with the marker, it was fully into the joint. I ended up cutting off about an inch, the muffler is still crooked but at least now the bpipe isn't hitting anything, it was hitting something else besides the swaybar bracket before I cut it too. Between this and my problems with my STS install I have spent way to much time and frustration on my car in the past coule of weeks. Since it's not banging anything I am just going to leave it for now.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:12 PM

BOLT ON MOD !!!! MY ****

I've been having a headache with my B pipe. I finally went to a custom muffler/exhaust shop and had them cut a piece of the WSP b pipe out and custom bend and weld it on my car. Mine was hitting on the trailing arm, Stillen RSB, and that wierd dog bone looking attachment on the rear beam axle. So 60 bucks later I'm finally happy with it. I lost a lot or respect with WSP and this B pipe. good thing they are so nice and accomidating on the phone over the whole situation. They did ship me a new pipe to try(which was cool--too bad it fit worse than the first) I even swapped parts out with another B-pipe guy who was having problems. His stuff was just as screwed up as mine was.