General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I will never have anyone wash my car but me again

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 07:13 PM

I will never have anyone wash my car but me again

I was planning on washing my car today, but I got lazy cause I was so tired and my mom convinced me to take it to this drivethru place that she liked. I had my doubts but decided to give it a try. It was $7 for a wash that was supposedly guaranteed to get all bugs and everything off. Not bad, said I. Well I go through and low and behold, the first thing I see is the bird crap spot STILL on my windsheild and the 3 bugs crushed against my hood I got home and got out the SimpleGreen and took those off. Wasn't too bad. The wash was probably worth the $7 simply cause of time and I was tired. So I left the car out. Tonite I played bass @ church and left my car in the parking lot while I was inside practicing the set. Well I came out to go get something to eat before the surface when I looked at my car. The WHOLE thing was covered with what looked like waterspots...but they werent because it hadn't rained. They hadn't been on there earlier. The WHOLE thing. They had been baked in there by the sun I guess. Needless to say I was slightly upset. I guess I'll get to give my car the good treatment tommorow.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:37 PM

ummmm if they guranteed it than why not just take it back to them and let them take care of it?

anu
Old 08-31-2002, 07:46 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by patel_anu
ummmm if they guranteed it than why not just take it back to them and let them take care of it?

anu
Becuase it was probubly some cheap drive-thru wash like those at the gas-stations, or if it was a hand job the little "gaurentee" is of course going to have something in small print like "may not get everything off, certain restrictions apply".

gepetto, having a black car SUCKS doesn't it!?! I have small little permenant stains of bird ****, water spots, and bug acid everywhere on my ride becuase I don't see them and/or forget to wash them off fast enough. Here in Hot humid florida in the summer time the sun is the hotest of all the USA, so everything bakes right on.

Here are some reasons I can think of off the top of my head as to why black cars suck:

1)Get's dirty extremely quick
2)Stains from bug acid, poop, rain spots more likely to stay permenant
3)paint scratches easily and the slightest knick is noticable.
4)gets car extremely hot in the summer time, inside and out. (horrible for performance, gas milage, and will bake the inside)

Yet, somehow it's worth it becuase black is:

1)The most sporty color
2)Makes the car look sleek and can hide some if it's more un-attractive curves
3)When washed and waxed, is THE shiniest of all others
Old 08-31-2002, 07:53 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i don't think i'm getting a black car ever again
Old 08-31-2002, 08:12 PM

i get these stained on water marks too... after i hand wash, but then it goes away when it dries but i almost had a heart attack when i first noticed them.
and by the muffler, when its drying it has these heatmark looking things coming up from it on the bumper ...STRANGE
i hate washing the car unlike most peoople...
Old 08-31-2002, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
i don't think i'm getting a black car ever again
I think he scared me away from black too
Old 08-31-2002, 09:10 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by sil SE

and by the muffler, when its drying it has these heatmark looking things coming up from it on the bumper ...STRANGE
i hate washing the car unlike most peoople...
I get those too...mine are blueish bubbles..but..some of mine seem to stain and are there permenantly!! And I have them EVERYWHERE on my bumper thanks to my duals.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:56 PM

i will never take my car to a car wash, i always wash it myself...even during winter when my driveway turns to ice from the water im still out there washing, very carefully walking like a penguin around the car
Old 08-31-2002, 10:02 PM

You shoulda got Silvermist.

My car almost always looks shiny, even when dirty.

The paint chips are another story...
Old 08-31-2002, 10:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Craig black is not as sporty as yellow or red .

gepetto I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad you learned the hard way. Unless you're getting it professionally detailed ($100+), nobody it going to do as incricate a job as you will.
-Cyrus
Old 08-31-2002, 10:21 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Lately I have been doing my washing this way.

I take it to a car wash that you get out of the car and it goes through on a track. Then they hand dry it when it comes out.
They actually do a really good job and it takes no time at all.

Then I take it home and detail it my self. I get to spend more time doing the little things.

I spend the same amount of time as when I did the initial washing my self. I can get all the little stuff done that I always did not have time to do.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
Lately I have been doing my washing this way.

I take it to a car wash that you get out of the car and it goes through on a track. Then they hand dry it when it comes out.
They actually do a really good job and it takes no time at all.

Then I take it home and detail it my self. I get to spend more time doing the little things.

I spend the same amount of time as when I did the initial washing my self. I can get all the little stuff done that I always did not have time to do.
If you have a hose and a driveway at your house, you're better off doing it yourself. The car will be cleaner.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:46 PM

If you have a hose and a driveway at your house, you're better off doing it yourself. The car will be cleaner.
No. I washed my car at my house my whole life untill the last few months. This place does a really good job and is literally a block from my house. I am very **** when it comes to my car.

The whole thing is they just do the dirty work. I take care of the detalis. Polishing, Waxing, vaccuming, carpet cleaning, leather conditioning, window cleaning, rims & tire detailing, chrome polishing, .....on and on and on. I seem to do these things much more often when I don't have to spend the time washing.

Now my car remains fully detailed on a regular basis instead of just getting washed.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:00 PM

true thats kind of a good idea since the part no one wants to do is get all that stuck crap off the car. its tough- but i jus dont trust the car wash anymore. i dont feel safe with it so what i do is settle for a crappy job done by yours truly
Old 09-01-2002, 06:54 AM

I just don't see how those machines get all the dirst off the car. Whether it's those flaps, spinning brushes, or just water jets
Old 09-01-2002, 08:52 AM

I just don't see how those machines get all the dirst off the car. Whether it's those flaps, spinning brushes, or just water jets
I agree. 99.9% of automatic car washes are worthless. The place I go to is called "4 Seasons". I don't know if they are a chain of not. Also my car does not get particularly dirty. Mostly dust and oil from parking out side my Machine shop.