General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Can anyone here hang with a 2K2 M3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax

you are talking about turbo and SC failure like its and everyday thing..these are minor cases.. filling the bottle is a regular thing.. to have a 12 second car you MUST fill your bottle.. the guys i know here go through 2 bottles a week.. some guys go through 3 bottles a weekend only.. maybe you dont' get that many races and thats why Nitrous is not a big expense for you.. for me it was.. the amount of times i needed power on tap vs the amount to filling the bottle was adding up..

i said the INITIAL best bang for the buck is Nitrous.. however its cheaper to go SC or Turbo for the long run. you said that the turbo and sc cars arn't consistent to weather.. isn't that the same as low bottle pressure? correct me if i am wrong.. and tell you what.. if we are doing a caravan like we always do here up north.. from MA to NJ .. you can win the first leg of races.. but guess what.. sooner or later all those boosted cars are going to be kicking your **** all the way to NJ.. and whats the big deal if you won the races from MA to CT.. now you can't race anymore because you are out of juice.. and that my friend is why a Nitrous car is not a 12 second car all the time.. its a tempoary 12 second car.. as i said before..
Listen, I understand the importance of having power on tap. As I said before, I give you that over a long haul you do have a cost advantage. I give you that. The way I look at it, if you're broke, you're not a 12 sec either. If I'm empty, I'm not a 12 sec car either. Got it. Isn't a "title" of a car, as a 12 sec car, given only because it ran it and not necesseraly (sp) because it runs it all the time over and over again. The way I look at it is, if you and I line up, and I've got a full bottle....well then let's see what happens. But if you and I line up....and you break....I may win, but only because you broke. Once you fix the car, it may still be faster than me, it just happened to be slower once (because it broke). You know what I mean??? Does that make your car slower than mine ALL the time? No, just once. If I'm full and you're ready, we can line them up and go. The faster car right then will win. Your car and mine are close enough in performance that the outcome could be different 50% of the time. If we line up against N/A guys, all things kept equal, we could up the outcome perc. by a lot more.

I still don't agree that a nitrous car is no less a fast car because of the possibility of running dry any more than a boosted car with the possibility of malfunction. Yes...I'm going to run dry many times over before you malfunction. Granted. That fact alone doesn't make my car any slower when I'm not dry.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

Yes you did...Last summer you ran a black WS6 at Fairview and 75th and your nirous ran out, so you lost.
I will repeat...I have NOT EVER run a WS6....and I've never run anyone out of the light at fairview and 75th aside from a 4 cyl accord that was riced out...

Jason...you have NO idea what you are talking about.....
Old 09-18-2002, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

I will repeat...I have NOT EVER run a WS6....and I've never run anyone out of the light at fairview and 75th aside from a 4 cyl accord that was riced out...

Jason...you have NO idea what you are talking about.....
OK so that black F-body was a figment of my imigination? I remember you were in the left lane and he was in the right and when the light went green he pulled maybe 2-3 cars on you. He wouldnt run you again after that.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

Listen, I understand the importance of having power on tap. As I said before, I give you that over a long haul you do have a cost advantage. I give you that. The way I look at it, if you're broke, you're not a 12 sec either. If I'm empty, I'm not a 12 sec car either. Got it. Isn't a "title" of a car, as a 12 sec car, given only because it ran it and not necesseraly (sp) because it runs it all the time over and over again. The way I look at it is, if you and I line up, and I've got a full bottle....well then let's see what happens. But if you and I line up....and you break....I may win, but only because you broke. Once you fix the car, it may still be faster than me, it just happened to be slower once (because it broke). You know what I mean??? Does that make your car slower than mine ALL the time? No, just once. If I'm full and you're ready, we can line them up and go. The faster car right then will win. Your car and mine are close enough in performance that the outcome could be different 50% of the time. If we line up against N/A guys, all things kept equal, we could up the outcome perc. by a lot more.
If i am broke and you are out of Nitrous yes we are both not 12 second cars anymore.. but the likely hood of me breaking after every race is very slim.. so i might break 2 or 3 times a year.. how many times can you say that you are 2 or 3 times out of the year you are not a 12 second car? can't say that huh? beacause after we run you are no longer a 12 second car.. and if i knew you had Nitrous.. i would race you till yoru bottle ran out.. adn keep racing you.. then you would have to hope that i would break..

I still don't agree that a nitrous car is no less a fast car because of the possibility of running dry any more than a boosted car with the possibility of malfunction. Yes...I'm going to run dry many times over before you malfunction. Granted. That fact alone doesn't make my car any slower when I'm not dry.
no it doesn't.. but it makes you much slower more often than many to be considered not a consistent 12 second car
Old 09-18-2002, 04:55 PM

If i am broke and you are out of Nitrous yes we are both not 12 second cars anymore.. but the likely hood of me breaking after every race is very slim.. so i might break 2 or 3 times a year.. how many times can you say that you are 2 or 3 times out of the year you are not a 12 second car? can't say that huh? beacause after we run you are no longer a 12 second car.. and if i knew you had Nitrous.. i would race you till yoru bottle ran out.. adn keep racing you.. then you would have to hope that i would break..

no it doesn't.. but it makes you much slower more often than many to be considered not a consistent 12 second car
Enter the question> can any one stay with a M3?
Maybe if I had this many mods, and I do not.
Maybe if I had a full bottle.
Maybe if my mod schedule goes well?
The Max is slower, but at its extreme could be as fast. The Max costs 1/2 as much and for twice as much could easily beat a M3 but why not just buck up for an M3?
Old 09-19-2002, 09:16 AM

You can keep splitting hairs all day long. Bottom line is, which you don't want to admit for some reason, that as long as I have a full bottle I am just as fast as I was last time I had a full bottle. So basically, as long as the bottle is full and I don't break, I am a consistent 13 sec car. You can try and put as many analogies together as you'd like, but as I previously stated I don't race on the street. At the track, I take both my bottles, so there is very little chance that I will run dry then. If I wanted to run anyone on the street for extended amounts of time, I couldn't use nitrous anyway since it's only recommended to be used continuously for 15 secs or less (you know that). For extended top-end runs, you are absolutely correct I would not be as fast as you. Big deal. That is not how most people here "rank" or gauge each other because there are too many variables to affect the outcome. On a 1/4 mi track, conditions such as surface, altitude, temp, and how level the surface is can be equalled out to make the times/people basically even to start with. I give credit where credit is due. Boost is awesome, but very expensive to start with. Nitrous is cheaper to start, but will eventually cost more (after a long while usually though). They both make good power, one usually more than the other but who cares both boost performance.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Administrator

You can keep splitting hairs all day long. Bottom line is, which you don't want to admit for some reason, that as long as I have a full bottle I am just as fast as I was last time I had a full bottle. So basically, as long as the bottle is full and I don't break, I am a consistent 13 sec car. You can try and put as many analogies together as you'd like, but as I previously stated I don't race on the street. At the track, I take both my bottles, so there is very little chance that I will run dry then. If I wanted to run anyone on the street for extended amounts of time, I couldn't use nitrous anyway since it's only recommended to be used continuously for 15 secs or less (you know that). For extended top-end runs, you are absolutely correct I would not be as fast as you. Big deal. That is not how most people here "rank" or gauge each other because there are too many variables to affect the outcome. On a 1/4 mi track, conditions such as surface, altitude, temp, and how level the surface is can be equalled out to make the times/people basically even to start with. I give credit where credit is due. Boost is awesome, but very expensive to start with. Nitrous is cheaper to start, but will eventually cost more (after a long while usually though). They both make good power, one usually more than the other but who cares both boost performance.
maybe my frustration is due to the fact of always running out of juice on the street.. and the fact that people i race don't like to race once and shut down.. i get from the agravating civic owners to the high performance sports car people who need 6 or 7 beatings before they can learn they lost.. no more if ends or buts about it.. and the fact that at one point in those 6 or 7 times i can't do anything.. that bothers me.. and thats another reason i went boost.. i don't hate Nitrous.. i love it.. hey.. as you said.. boost is expensive and if i didn't love nitrous.. i would have sold my kit to help pay for the boots or boost accesories.. no.. i love it.. but like i said.. i just can't make it determine my cars performance because the time it takes to jump from a 13 second to a 14 second car is too frequent and too easy to happen.. and that makes me worry.. i mean sure at the track its easy.. all your races are setup and you already know how long you are going to run for.. its not like you go to the track with a 1/4 bottle to do 10 runs.. so yeah.. all track conditions for determing the cars performance are already predefined..

you want to know another thing too.. when ever i raced my cousin(GS400) i would have to give him the lead and then pull him back.. because he use to like to surge forward.. hoping i would waste my Nitrous and then he could run me when the bottle was empty.. and even sometimes when i gave him the lead he would go 2 secs then shut down.. then hope the bottle was empty and try to run again..
Old 09-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sprint's just pointing out that fact that someone is more likely to run out of juice while repeatly racing versus breaking something with the SC/TC.

Once the person is out of juice, he/she is not a 12 second car anymore until he/she fills up. During that time, the car will not be fast while still running. For a SC/TC, it's always a 12 second car. When something breaks, the car will not be operational so it won't be able to run anyways... thus not tarnishing the title of "12 second car".
Old 09-19-2002, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Sprint's just pointing out that fact that someone is more likely to run out of juice while repeatly racing versus breaking something with the SC/TC.

Once the person is out of juice, he/she is not a 12 second car anymore until he/she fills up. During that time, the car will not be fast while still running. For a SC/TC, it's always a 12 second car. When something breaks, the car will not be operational so it won't be able to run anyways... thus not tarnishing the title of "12 second car".
thank you keving

and you will also note.. i never took anything away from a Nitrous car being a 12 second car.. i meerly put it in the category of a temporary 12 second car..
Old 09-19-2002, 09:55 AM

thank you keving

and you will also note.. i never took anything away from a Nitrous car being a 12 second car.. i meerly put it in the category of a temporary 12 second car..
Alright guys, I'll concede even though technically speaking when I'm out of juice, I should be considered as inoperational as you during a break. My system is just as dead in the water as yours, only difference is I can still drive my car. As long as I have juice, I can run at my peak. As long as you are operational, you can run at your peak. It's ok, It really doesn't matter because we're all splitting hairs here anyway. All boosted and nitrous cars are faster at one point or another than ANY n/a car in the same category, so it's all good.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

All boosted and nitrous cars are faster at one point or another than ANY n/a car in the same category, so it's all good.
So you're knocking N/A guys now?

j/k
Old 09-19-2002, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

So you're knocking N/A guys now?

j/k
You guys are ruthless with me aint ya?....
Old 09-19-2002, 10:16 AM

As soon as I get my Bucket on the road this will my first kill to post. I'd even like to put M KLR on my plates, but I'm sure it won't be long we see heavly modded new M3's on the road, hell even with NOS will make that killer an even more dangerous car.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

OK so that black F-body was a figment of my imigination? I remember you were in the left lane and he was in the right and when the light went green he pulled maybe 2-3 cars on you. He wouldnt run you again after that.
It was a Z28, out of the light by fridays....he got a hit and put maybe 1 to 1.5 cars on me....saw me walking him down...so he shut down at 40mph....I wouldn't call a run from 0-40 a race by any means...plus I was walking him down with you and your brother BOTH in my car...BTW...I wasn't "out of nitrous" either..which was your original reason for posting the FALSE outcome of this so called "race"
Old 09-19-2002, 11:05 AM

Whoa! People please move on. This thread is snowballing into something else. Someone needs to start a new thread that deals with nitrous, SC, and Turbo.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by JMAX95
Whoa! People please move on. This thread is snowballing into something else. Someone needs to start a new thread that deals with nitrous, SC, and Turbo.
You started it!!!!

Seriously, I hope you got your answer by now.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:20 AM
VQ Wizard

Old 09-19-2002, 11:21 AM
I'm needing a caw

Oogie Boogie