General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Damn carparts.com!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 06:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes, I order from carparts.com, and suprisingly, most of the orders came as expected. However, I ordered the upgrade harness for the APC bulbs, and have yet to receive it. I know, I know, I again listed in my signature something I yet to install, or have. Am I'm the only one still waiting for the upgrade harness? I'm thinking of just cancelling the damn order. I keep getting emails from carparts.com about the delays. I have yet to have a problem with the higher wattage APC bulbs, so I'm not sure if I really need the upgrade harness. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Well, if I'm going to receive one more email from carparts.com about the upgrade harness being delayed once more, that's it, I'm going to cancel the darn order. Other than this order, I have no problems with carparts.com.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:22 AM

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here . . .

Carparts.com appears to operate on very slim margins. As a result, I suspect the company needs to consolidate orders in order to get best pricing from its suppliers. I also doubt they inventory anything at all. So the tradeoff for great pricing (especially when CarParts.com offers discount coupons to its customers) is long delays in fulfilling customer orders.

I recently ordered 6 cases of Royal Purple Motor Oil from CarParts.com. It took them 3-1/2 weeks and a couple of e-mails to Royal Purple to get them to deliver the oil to me. On the other hand, I purchased the oil at $3.60 per bottle after tax and shipping, so I really can't complain.

I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off by CarParts.com. So I guess the rule of thumb is not to order anything from them if you think you're going to need it right away. On the other hand, if you want best pricing and time is not an issue, CarParts.com seems to be the way to go.
Old 12-20-2000, 12:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

HAH! i emphathise

(old post, i know)

they're pretty good overall... BUT... it took them TWO MONTHS to get a bugger car cover to me! I WAS GONNA KILL SOMEONE!!! >ahem< glad it didn't rain too much here in SoCal to really need it then... BUT STILL!!!!!

okayigonow.
Old 12-20-2000, 12:31 PM

they don't have any

carparts.com doesn't have any upgrade harnesses and neither does anyone else, because they are on backorder from the company. It is not their fault. Go ahead and cancel your order because APC said it could be a few months.