General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Car just got hit again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 01:56 PM

Car just got hit again!!!

I was parked at school and I got hit. Guy didn't leave a note either. Well the rear quarterpanel and bumper has a huge dent and scrape. Tail light is cracked, and there is a huge scuff on the front bumper. This sucks. I might just get the whole car repainted at the same time.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:03 PM

Re: Car just got hit again!!!

Originally posted by Canuck
I was parked at school and I got hit. Guy didn't leave a note either. Well the rear quarterpanel and bumper has a huge dent and scrape. Tail light is cracked, and there is a huge scuff on the front bumper. This sucks. I might just get the whole car repainted at the same time.

hahah i would find someone on campus with a car that has black paint on it and leave a note on his wind sield. saying i saw you. you hit my car i will report hit and run if if you donot call me.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:11 PM

Re: Re: Car just got hit again!!!

I walked around campus as left a few notes saying that my car was hit and you have black paint on your car and I asked them to conact me but I doubt anyone will.

Originally posted by jdmmax

hahah i would find someone on campus with a car that has black paint on it and leave a note on his wind sield. saying i saw you. you hit my car i will report hit and run if if you donot call me.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:12 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i hope the person that hit you crashes their car.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:23 PM

well didn't mean to seam like i was laughing at your miss fortune. i had a freind that had that happen and that is exactly what he did. we have a small parking lot where we go to school at. so it was a little easier for us to find the guy. we found a car with same color paint scuffs and. my frineds car was silver and the other guys car was red. the paint scuff matched up so we left the note. the guy accually call my friend. the guy paid to have the repair done.
in a hit and run situation like a school parking lot if the person that hit you did'nt go home and buff out all the marks right away it's not impossible to find a good suspect. the note was just a bluff anyways. one way or another my friend was up the creek so we were like whatever.

sorry about the laughing in the beginnig. i just remeber how we found the guy that hit my friends car.

anyways i hope you get everything handled.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:28 PM

One of my friends works for the campus police and they are gonna try and find the car. They don't have a lot to do so they might actually help.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:37 PM

One of my friends works for the campus police and they are gonna try and find the car. They don't have a lot to do so they might actually help.

koo koo good luck bro!?!?!?!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:39 PM

I feel your pain, and college parking sucks !!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:53 PM

I might just get a custom paint job now.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:41 PM

I might just get a custom paint job now.
See if you can get the panel replaced, you don't want bondo anywhere. I hate bodywork. I just saw a sweet 740iL and the whole rear-right was all weird looking. I don't know why people put up with bodywork--most stuff gets replaced nowadays.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

See if you can get the panel replaced, you don't want bondo anywhere. I hate bodywork. I just saw a sweet 740iL and the whole rear-right was all weird looking. I don't know why people put up with bodywork--most stuff gets replaced nowadays.
Can you replace the rear quarter panel on a 4th gen? I don't see how?
Old 09-25-2002, 05:04 PM

Can you replace the rear quarter panel on a 4th gen? I don't see how?
Yeah, it's like $323 incl. a 25% discount. What I notice is that like I said before, the car's panels look like a mirror when the car is clean. Once a panel is repaired, even though the paint matches the surface texture just doesn't. When the car is dirty it's not noticable, but when the car is clean it is. Here's the diagram:

diagram of 1/4 panel left
Old 09-25-2002, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the help. I will make sure I get a new quarter panel then.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the help. I will make sure I get a new quarter panel then.
I would drive around few the next few days and look for cars that have the same scuff marks. When you find the car leave it a note and report it as a hit and run.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by NickStam
i hope the person that hit you crashes their car.
me too.....the scumbag
Old 09-27-2002, 11:02 PM

How bad is the quarter panel bent? Plus, how FAST could that idiot have possibly been going to actually get all the way into your quarter panel
Old 09-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Handsome

Re: Re: Re: Car just got hit again!!!

I walked around campus as left a few notes saying that my car was hit and you have black paint on your car and I asked them to conact me but I doubt anyone will.

Go to each car and back your car up next to theirs. When you find the car (and it will be clear when you do) leave the note, and make a record of the vehicle. After he takes care of it or just plain denies it leave him a little present. Like a big bag of sugar in his gas tank, or custom keyed pin striping, or better ventalation by removing those big heavy windows with a sledge hammer, or some nice spray paint. My car was hit about 3 weeks ago and no one left a note. Thankfully their was no body damage but it cracked the paint on a section of the bumper. Unfortunalty I have no idea, and will never find who did this. Even if this guy fixes your car it doesn't change the fact that he/she was careless by not paying attention and hiting your pride and joy, then further rubbing it in by not making it right. IF I found the person who hit my car then ran I honestly don't know what I would do, but it would be violent. I care a lot about my car and do not look at it as just a car, as does the person who hit me. They have no appreciation for my dedication and love of modifying cars, and they hold no repect for the effort I have put forth. What ever you do, get some for those of us who have no chance of ever finding who thoughtlessly desimated our passion, then conciously decided that it was not important enough to make right, because after all to them it's just a car
Old 09-28-2002, 09:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Car just got hit again!!!

Originally posted by Street Reeper

IF I found the person who hit my car then ran I honestly don't know what I would do, but it would be violent. I care a lot about my car and do not look at it as just a car, as does the person who hit me. They have no appreciation for my dedication and love of modifying cars, and they hold no repect for the effort I have put forth. What ever you do, get some for those of us who have no chance of ever finding who thoughtlessly desimated our passion, then conciously decided that it was not important enough to make right, because after all to them it's just a car
I remember when it happened to me this year, because it was a Fri. and a buddy's birthday. I was in a great mood until I saw my car. I was wearing a hockey jersey since it was casual day, they told me a new hottie was interested in me from the 2nd floor (that hottie did eventually cost me my engagement ), softball was starting up the following Monday, everything was going well except for that incident.

BUT!!! Don't become a vigilante over these things, if you get caught you're gonna have some serious trouble. The cops literally told me there's nothing they can do, if I find anyone let them know. Insurance told me my rates would definitely get jacked and that hit and run is on collision, not comp. So it's bad all-around. Don't stoop to the levels of common thieves is my point.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Handsome

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Car just got hit again!!!

I remember when it happened to me this year, because it was a Fri. and a buddy's birthday. I was in a great mood until I saw my car. I was wearing a hockey jersey since it was casual day, they told me a new hottie was interested in me from the 2nd floor (that hottie did eventually cost me my engagement ), softball was starting up the following Monday, everything was going well except for that incident.

BUT!!! Don't become a vigilante over these things, if you get caught you're gonna have some serious trouble. The cops literally told me there's nothing they can do, if I find anyone let them know. Insurance told me my rates would definitely get jacked and that hit and run is on collision, not comp. So it's bad all-around. Don't stoop to the levels of common thieves is my point.
Not to be a jerk but your post sounds a lot like those people who said after 9 11 that we don't need to bring war against the terroists we need to just understand them. I would like to walk up to these people and punch them in the nose, when they come at me I would say no no just please try and understand me. Then after they calm down punch them in the nose again, when they come at me say no no just please understand me. Repeat this until they get the point.
Cops can't and won't help you, insurance rates will go up, all the while the guy is thumbing his nose at you. It is up to you to make things right, what lesson has this person learned if he is not punished, that hitting someones car is not going to cost you anything as long as you screw the owner. That just doesn't sit well with me, the guy who hit my car would get a face to face offer of fixing my car, or losing the use of various limbs for a couple of months.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Car just got hit again!!!

My insurance company told me might rates won't go up and they are taking extra effort for my red and clear tailights and my vinyl graphics. So all though its a paint in the *** atleast I don't have to pay anything except my 250 deductible.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:25 AM

I've had this happen before in the college parking lot. I bet some moron wasnt watching when backing up or were talking on the phone. Mine was hit square right above the rear license plate. The other car had to have heard and felt something, but with my luck they left no note. Goodthing I have a 97, cause a 96 woulda been really screwed. I drove around the next few days looking for a car with red and green paint but I couldnt find it. Insurance wanted to do it under "uninsured motorist collision" but with a deducable of $250, so I said screw it, I'll wait until somebody rear ends me.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
I've had this happen before in the college parking lot. I bet some moron wasnt watching when backing up or were talking on the phone. Mine was hit square right above the rear license plate. The other car had to have heard and felt something, but with my luck they left no note. Goodthing I have a 97, cause a 96 woulda been really screwed. I drove around the next few days looking for a car with red and green paint but I couldnt find it. Insurance wanted to do it under "uninsured motorist collision" but with a deducable of $250, so I said screw it, I'll wait until somebody rear ends me.
My 250 deductible isn't to bad. The estimates I have gotten from several bodyshops is $2800 to $3400.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Handsome

My 250 deductible isn't to bad. The estimates I have gotten from several bodyshops is $2800 to $3400. [/B][/QUOTE]

Man that must be a lot of damage. You may try checking out local bodyshops and leaving them information about what to look for on the car that hit you. My car has been hit three times. Once with a shopping cart, then two dumb people (probably someone twirling their hair and talking on a cell phone) You can't tell unless your right on top of the bumper, but knowing my baby has been raped by someone else still leaves me cold. I'm with the last guy, I'm just waiting to get rearended again. My brother had a similar thing happen and he went ahead and fixed it. Three weeks later he was hit again. But from the extent of the damage it sounds like you have some serious damage. I'm really sorry and I hope the best for you.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Street Reeper
My 250 deductible isn't to bad. The estimates I have gotten from several bodyshops is $2800 to $3400.
Man that must be a lot of damage. You may try checking out local bodyshops and leaving them information about what to look for on the car that hit you. My car has been hit three times. Once with a shopping cart, then two dumb people (probably someone twirling their hair and talking on a cell phone) You can't tell unless your right on top of the bumper, but knowing my baby has been raped by someone else still leaves me cold. I'm with the last guy, I'm just waiting to get rearended again. My brother had a similar thing happen and he went ahead and fixed it. Three weeks later he was hit again. But from the extent of the damage it sounds like you have some serious damage. I'm really sorry and I hope the best for you. [/B][/QUOTE]

I got hit so hard that they pushed my car into the one parked in front of me. Someone was swinging into a spot really fast.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Handsome

I got hit so hard that they pushed my car into the one parked in front of me. Someone was swinging into a spot really fast.

Swinging? It sounds more like a full on 4 wheel drift. I'll say a prayer for your Max.