General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Where is the respect?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 03:45 PM
MaximaFreak

Where is the respect?

I don't want to make a huge deal of this as this is not a HUGE deal to me, but it could be to someone and it's kind of annoying.

Do you guys EVER check to see who takes the pictures you all are stealing for use on your business sites? I brought this up with one of the forum guys a few months ago and now I find another pic from the same session of the same car on another site.

I know we're a community here and referencing pictures is okay, I don't have a problem sharing, but blatantly using pictures that you didn't take for your business' site is not cool. Again, I'm not fuming, just a little tweeked. That's not to say that someone else somewhere won't find one of your pictures and truly get p!ssed at you, or even worse, sue you over the use of it.

I'm off my soapbox, I'm just sick of seeing pictures I take on websites without even a cordial email asking me if they can use it.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

I asked every single person who wanted to be on our site, and they all said yes (matter of fact, I made a post to see who all wanted to be on our site...)
You think that's the right way to do it? I think so...
Alex
Old 09-27-2002, 04:05 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

links to the abuse?
Old 09-27-2002, 04:14 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by NickStam
links to the abuse?
I'm not pointing fingers, that's just flat out rude. I'm just venting a bit and if you can cut through all my anger, there is a message there, and it is simply to check where photos come from before using them.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

But you should...That's the point of exposing people who are doing something wrong? Isn't it?

Alex
Old 09-27-2002, 06:37 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by Big_Ham

I'm not pointing fingers, that's just flat out rude. I'm just venting a bit and if you can cut through all my anger, there is a message there, and it is simply to check where photos come from before using them.
Oh, so you just thought to say that out of the blue. Or did you see some abuse. I hate when people do that too. I just wanted to see who.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:34 PM

some kid at superhonda.com
stole my sig picture..
his sn was like sexima something..
Old 09-28-2002, 02:50 AM

Originally posted by Sexima
some kid at superhonda.com
stole my sig picture..
his sn was like sexima something..
...What an *** (dude that stole your pic).
Old 09-28-2002, 08:51 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by NickStam

Oh, so you just thought to say that out of the blue. Or did you see some abuse. I hate when people do that too. I just wanted to see who.
I understand your curiousity. However, we are all in the same community and I'm not going to throw them under the bus for being ignorant ... they didn't do it on purpose. After contacting them, I found out they asked the guy who's car it was. That's good enough for me. I certainly wouldn't ask him to call me anytime someone wants to use a pic of his car that I took.

Long story short, this wasn't to expose anyone, I know how to take care of this stuff. This was a lesson for those who are ignorant to property laws - that someone out there may actually care..