General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

So who is in on the "Test Drive" for the dohccivic/RVM Racing Maxima UDPs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 01:25 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

So who is in on the "Test Drive" for the dohccivic/RVM Racing Maxima UDPs?

Who is doing the testing for the dohccivic/ RVM Racing Maxima 95-01 3.0L Light Underdrive Crank Pulleys?

I know that there are 3 others. I think that dmbmaxima is one of them. Who else is in on it?
Old 10-01-2002, 04:52 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

dude, someone vandalized your car bad
Old 10-01-2002, 06:11 PM

Re: So who is in on the "Test Drive" for the dohccivic/RVM Racing Maxima UDPs?

Originally posted by phenryiv1
Who is doing the testing for the dohccivic/ RVM Racing Maxima 95-01 3.0L Light Underdrive Crank Pulleys?

I know that there are 3 others. I think that dmbmaxima is one of them. Who else is in on it?
im interested...tell me more about it since i need to replace my belts anyway...........this isnt the dohccivic from ebay is it?
Old 10-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: So who is in on the "Test Drive" for the dohccivic/RVM Racing Maxima UDPs?

Originally posted by 97MaximaSE

this isnt the dohccivic from ebay is it?
Yes it is. Check out the GD section.
Old 10-02-2002, 04:30 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

i know i am don't know who else.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:29 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by NickStam
dude, someone vandalized your car bad
It took FOREVER to get that stuff off of the car. I went on the honeymoon w/o washing it, and that stuff BAKED onto the windows, then when it rained it got on the rubber trim and all over the place. It took 3 or 4 washes and a ton of GooGone and Windex to get it clean!

97MaximaSE-
He has all of the test mules.

dmbmaxima2k2-

I am in because I am stock and an auto. Isn't Nealoc187 in? I would think that he would benefit. This is one of the few N/A mods that he lacks...
Old 10-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Do any of you plan to dyno? Steve - You already have a baseline, right?

Could you guys compare the weight to the stock pully and maybe see how much it does underdrive the accesories? Maybe sombody could get their hands on a Unorthodox Racing UDP for a side to side comparison.

http://www.custommaxima.com/UnorthodoxPulley.htm
Old 10-02-2002, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by Anachronism
Do any of you plan to dyno? Steve - You already have a baseline, right?

Could you guys compare the weight to the stock pully and maybe see how much it does underdrive the accesories? Maybe sombody could get their hands on a Unorthodox Racing UDP for a side to side comparison.

http://www.custommaxima.com/UnorthodoxPulley.htm
yes i have a baseline and i might dyno just out of courtesy for the board because i was given the pipe. and a side by side of a UR UDP i think would be hard and pointless, they both give such mininal gains if there is a difference it won'be be noticable and i'll weight they at the postal scale at work.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:42 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2

yes i have a baseline and i might dyno just out of courtesy for the board because i was given the pipe. and a side by side of a UR UDP i think would be hard and pointless, they both give such mininal gains if there is a difference it won'be be noticable and i'll weight they at the postal scale at work.
I just meant a side by side visual inspection to see if the amount of underdriving was the same and if there where any noticable differences in quality. I would guess they probably coied the UPRD design though.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:41 AM

I just meant a side by side visual inspection to see if the amount of underdriving was the same and if there where any noticable differences in quality. I would guess they probably coied the UPRD design though.
ya i would imagine if somone can get me one i will measure everyting with a caliper and a postal scale.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2

ya i would imagine if somone can get me one i will measure everyting with a caliper and a postal scale.
I am neither an engineer nor a machinist, but in the initial thread for these UDPs, it was emntioned that drilling holes in them might lighten them further. Assuming that his could be done cheaply (since the gains, if any, would be minimal), would there be problems with balancing the pulley? I would think that being off by the slightest measurement could result in problems, once you consider the centrifugal force that will be in play once it starts spinning...
Old 10-03-2002, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by phenryiv1

I am neither an engineer nor a machinist, but in the initial thread for these UDPs, it was emntioned that drilling holes in them might lighten them further. Assuming that his could be done cheaply (since the gains, if any, would be minimal), would there be problems with balancing the pulley? I would think that being off by the slightest measurement could result in problems, once you consider the centrifugal force that will be in play once it starts spinning...
Since most of the gains come from the reduced weight I would think the manufacturers would make them as light as possible and still be safe. The Unorthodox Racing UDP is 1.5 pounds vs the factory pully at almost 5 lbs. I don't think that leaves much room for further lightening.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Since most of the gains come from the reduced weight I would think the manufacturers would make them as light as possible and still be safe. The Unorthodox Racing UDP is 1.5 pounds vs the factory pully at almost 5 lbs. I don't think that leaves much room for further lightening.
I meant the RVM pulley, which supposedly does NOT have holes drilled in it. We should get ours this week, and can weigh them then (for comparison to the UR pulleys).
Old 10-03-2002, 01:23 PM

I'll wait to see the product after it's been thorough tested. Isn't there a harmonic balancer that could get royally screwed by this? I've been told my many mechanics and other people in the industry that changing the crank pulley is a plain no no.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Bandit
I'll wait to see the product after it's been thorough tested. Isn't there a harmonic balancer that could get royally screwed by this? I've been told my many mechanics and other people in the industry that changing the crank pulley is a plain no no.
mechanics are honestly for the most part stupid. these do not have a harmonic balancer and changing it can do no harm. just like my friend's mechanic told him that taking the cat off his DSM would ruin the motor.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:40 PM

I've got one. Hope to install it this week.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

I am the other one. Hopefully, I can get it in by the end of next week.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:51 AM

ya i have to install this and get my new motor mounts installed before i go drag racing sunday. 13's baby 13's
Old 10-08-2002, 06:33 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

I got mine, and was reading the instructions. Did the part that refers yo uback up to the top seem odd to you guys? BOTH options apply to the same model years. Is this correct?