General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How many of you guys smoke in your maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by I30tMikeD
[B]

Also, the idea that 2nd hand smoke causes cancer is not true. That was a theory that has since been proved false. The anti-smoking league played it up big time. Yet there has never been one case of cancer caused by second hand smoke.

True about the effects of second hand smoke. I does NOT do the damage that was originally thought. Not sure about 'never one case of cancer', though. I smoke (mostly cigars, a few cigs) and have followed this debate for a few years. I respect those that don't smoke, and only lite up in my Max if I'm alone or with other smokers. Hell, I don't smoke in my own house, so a smoke in my car, alone, is acceptable to me.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:21 AM
Maxima91

Originally posted by korupter

you sound like those people who are anti-everything... eating nothing but healthy foods that taste like crap, and people who bring hand soap with them wherever they go. Are you by any chance anti-sex also?
Sorry, but i don't like people who exagerrate, especially on things like this.
I agree with breathing other people's smoke is nasty. I believe that's worst than smoking it yourself. Some people are courteous enough to blow the other way or hold the cigg behind or on the side of themselves when you pass by.
no i am not anti everything, did i say i was? no, i didnt.. it doesnt matter if you 'blow the smoke away" it still ends up in your face.. so regardless if you do that, people still smell that **** and i hate you for it

Old 10-14-2002, 11:27 AM
Disco Biscuit

I will smoke in mine,

But only Clove cigs,(no bad cig smell with those) and only rarely....
Old 10-14-2002, 11:32 AM

Never!! I don't smoke and know one who gets in to my car is going to be allow to smoke either...
Old 10-14-2002, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I don't smoke and will never smoke. Disgusting!

Anyway, I definitely do not allow any smoking in my car. If someone want to smoke in my car, I won't allow it. If they still want to smoke, I will tell them to either take their own car, ride the bus, or walk!

I'm not the type of person that wash/clean their car often and keep it spotless, but smoking is one thing I just won't allow at all.
Same here
Old 10-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: How many of you guys smoke in your maxima?

Originally posted by Conrad283
I smoke every now and then but not anymore cause someone put a cigarette burn on my ceiling in the back ... i wasn't to happy about that, so there will be no more smoking in my car ... plus i have cloth seats so it starts to stink

I only smoke after sex. Oh wait a minute, are you talking about cigarettes?
Old 10-14-2002, 12:36 PM

did you know that in England, they call cigarettes "f*gs"

I can hear a convo in my head right now (even with their accent)

"Hey, got an extra f*g on you?"
"no sir, I smoked all of them already"
"you smoked a pack of f*gs already?"
"yes sir, it was a quickie"

wait..let me do it before anyone else does.
GLE02NJ
Old 10-14-2002, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by zoggfatha
I only smoke when i drink, so it's not possible to smoke in my car, since i don't drive when drinking.
I used to smoke, but I've since downgraded to occasionally smoking only when I drink...so there's no way me or anyone is going to smoke in my Max...or eat!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Smoking in the car

Only Buddas, if you know what I mean
Old 10-14-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm so hood

The max has been my first anti-cig-smoking ride. My last two cars weren't that expensive and had cloth seats, and I carted more people around then, so it was more about having fun with people than maintaining a car.

The only smoke that goes on in the max comes from something a bit greener, and then there's pretty strict siderules to make sure things don't get messy. (Some day I'll break that habit all the way...but not today. Prolly when I find a girl to replace ole' Mary ).
Old 10-14-2002, 07:39 PM

Nothings worse then a clove cig, they make me nautious.
-'Bout To Go Get LiFTeD
Old 10-14-2002, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
-'Bout To Go Get LiFTeD
peen peen peen
Old 10-15-2002, 06:46 AM
Disco Biscuit

Originally posted by MaximaRider
-'Bout To Go Get LiFTeD
Thats funny, cause they are the only thing I can smoke. Reg cigs make me soooo sick. Now depending on what brand clove I smoke, I can get high from them.......
The Djarum Blacks will give you so much of a buzz, you have to sit down or your fall over...... They can really calm me down after a crappy day........
Old 10-15-2002, 09:28 AM

if you want relaxation.. nothing does that better than a nice cigar. Smells and tastes good too. You're not supposed to inhale, but what the hell, i only smoke one of those once a week anyway.
To keep this on topic, my friend smoked a cigar in my car... and it beat the hell out of my air freshener...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Disco Biscuit

Ya, a good cigar is great, but around here its hard to find places that allow them, and I've found that people tend to like the smell of cloves over cigars. I'm always having people walk up to me and either ask what it is I'm smoking that smells so good, or people will bum on off of me to try it, etc. AS bad as smoking is, and as much as I dont like that fact I have started,(only been smoking about a month) it has been a great social jump start for a wall flower like me...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

Smokers should be thanked!! The amount of tax dollars generated by by smoking allows us good roads, schools, police & fire protection. If everyone stopped smoking our local governments would be in billions of dollars of debt. Everytime money is needed to balance a budget or avoid cuts in welfare programs they just raise the tax on cigarettes.
Go out and shake the hand of the first somker you see. They are paying the way for all the government supplied things we enjoy!!!
The real reason smokers should be thanked is not because of the tax dollars they generate. After all, more people are avoiding such taxes by buying cigarettes on the black market or on the internet. For the rest, the number of smokers may continue to decrease due to the higher prices paid per pack. No, the real reason to thank them is that they often die much too early to collect from government programs such as Medicare and Social Security.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:50 AM
Disco Biscuit

Originally posted by Magellan
No, the real reason to thank them is that they often die much too early to collect from government programs such as Medicare and Social Security.
So, um, why don't you tell us how you really feel?
Old 10-15-2002, 09:55 AM

Damn I love smoking in my car. 3 smokes each way on my 40 minute commute to work!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:00 AM
dko
duck and cover

Originally posted by Whitemax

Thats funny, cause they are the only thing I can smoke. Reg cigs make me soooo sick. Now depending on what brand clove I smoke, I can get high from them.......
The Djarum Blacks will give you so much of a buzz, you have to sit down or your fall over...... They can really calm me down after a crappy day........
sampoerna x-tras, baby!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:01 AM
Disco Biscuit

Originally posted by dko

sampoerna x-tras, baby!
Damn straight! I still love the Classics myself. But, for a kick in the a$$, the Djarum Blacks get me every time....
Old 10-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

The real reason smokers should be thanked is not because of the tax dollars they generate. After all, more people are avoiding such taxes by buying cigarettes on the black market or on the internet. For the rest, the number of smokers may continue to decrease due to the higher prices paid per pack. No, the real reason to thank them is that they often die much too early to collect from government programs such as Medicare and Social Security.
Great!! Then you realize that the claim that smokers are a drain on the health care system is false. Smokers die earlier so they will need less years of medical care, hospital visists, perscriptions than a non-smoker who lives to be 90 will need.

The are a sizeable # of people using the black market or internet to escape the high state taxes. This equates to almost a Billion dollars a year in lost taxes. That sounds like a lot but it is only a small fraction of the tax dollars generated.
It has been proven that higher taxes do not make people stop smoking. That is an idea government likes to use to hide their real reason. That is they want our money and more of it!!!!!

Mike D
Old 10-15-2002, 01:52 PM

Great!! Then you realize that the claim that smokers are a drain on the health care system is false. Smokers die earlier so they will need less years of medical care, hospital visists, perscriptions than a non-smoker who lives to be 90 will need.

The are a sizeable # of people using the black market or internet to escape the high state taxes. This equates to almost a Billion dollars a year in lost taxes. That sounds like a lot but it is only a small fraction of the tax dollars generated.
It has been proven that higher taxes do not make people stop smoking. That is an idea government likes to use to hide their real reason. That is they want our money and more of it!!!!!

Mike D
Yes, I agree that smokers are not a significant drain on the health care system. The life expectancy of a lung or throat cancer patient is not that long after diagnosis.

But don't misunderstand my point: I think smoking is just plain stupid, one of those mindless habits that shortens one's life and often devastates the families left behind.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:00 PM
MaximaFreak

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluesbrekr
[B]

Also, the idea that 2nd hand smoke causes cancer is not true. That was a theory that has since been proved false. The anti-smoking league played it up big time. Yet there has never been one case of cancer caused by second hand smoke.

True about the effects of second hand smoke. I does NOT do the damage that was originally thought. Not sure about 'never one case of cancer', though. I smoke (mostly cigars, a few cigs) and have followed this debate for a few years. I respect those that don't smoke, and only lite up in my Max if I'm alone or with other smokers. Hell, I don't smoke in my own house, so a smoke in my car, alone, is acceptable to me.
I couldn't have said it better myself. When I go to restaurants I sit in non-smoking and when the woman gets up to go to the bathroom, I go outside and smoke a cigarette. Never in my new house, but in the car with no one else in there? Hell yes. Do I have burn marks? Hell yes. Does my car smell? Not really.
Ask me again after I get leather in the car though - you will probably get a different response from me ;-)

BTW, twisties are ALWAYS allowed in my car ... as long as you're sharin'
Old 10-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Yes, I agree that smokers are not a significant drain on the health care system. The life expectancy of a lung or throat cancer patient is not that long after diagnosis.

But don't misunderstand my point: I think smoking is just plain stupid, one of those mindless habits that shortens one's life and often devastates the families left behind.
I don't aguue with that.
Only thing that gets to me is government trying to dictate how we should live our lives. Using taxes and policies they benefit from and want to stop at the same time is hypocritical. I believe marijuana should be leagalized and I don't even smoke it.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:38 PM
MaximaFreak

I don't aguue with that.
Only thing that gets to me is government trying to dictate how we should live our lives. Using taxes and policies they benefit from and want to stop at the same time is hypocritical. I believe marijuana should be leagalized and I don't even smoke it.
Like Bill Maher says:

"The government is telling us what is good and bad. They say that schools and children are good and cigarettes and alcohol are bad and I couldn't disagree more. I'd rather sit next to a smoker on a plane than a child, I'll tell you that much."

Of course that's a rough quote, but if you want some truly logical (and of course cynical) views of how society and government spin everything we see, do and buy, watch his comedy special. Bill Maher: Be More Cynical
Old 10-15-2002, 02:56 PM
dko
duck and cover

Originally posted by Whitemax

Damn straight! I still love the Classics myself. But, for a kick in the a$$, the Djarum Blacks get me every time....
yeah. x-tra's were my staple cigs for a long time, but i smoked my last with my girlie last week. time to buy a few more cartons! but as far as a kick in the pants, blacks do it every time. wouldn't wanna put those down like the x-tra's though, half a pack of blacks a day will turn your lungs inside out
Old 10-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Well, I feel like **** after reading this thread

<-Still a smoker
Old 10-15-2002, 03:48 PM

i gave up smoking the bee-bees for tuning my max.. instead of giving my main man a few hundred for the KGB.. so i gave it to Alex for an intake and a RSB.. i gave some to courtesy.. but i wont mention that.... it's all good, it's all a habit...

give up smoking the ()__)_________))))))~~~ ciggies.
they'll killya .. so will a bad car accident..
so why quit anything?
Old 10-15-2002, 03:50 PM
Handsome

Originally posted by Big_Ham

BTW, twisties are ALWAYS allowed in my car ... as long as you're sharin'
***, Grass, or Gas, no one rides for free
Old 10-15-2002, 04:05 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I quit last year and now I'm back on it Damn!
Old 10-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

nope! I kicked a girl out of my car for smoking in the middle of nowhere I told her no but she did anyways... so I proceeded to kick her *** out of the car and drive off

she called me a minute later... she earned her way back in the car

I dont mind smoking or smokers... just not in my car
Old 10-15-2002, 04:33 PM

sorry to act like a noob.. but what is a clove cigarette? They sell them at stores right? (not in allys or someone's backyard)
Old 10-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by korupter
sorry to act like a noob.. but what is a clove cigarette? They sell them at stores right? (not in allys or someone's backyard)
Maximadave has em he'll sell you a few tons if ya want .. he's the local dealer
Old 10-15-2002, 05:05 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by carnal_c30

Maximadave has em he'll sell you a few tons if ya want .. he's the local dealer
It's a different kinda cig
different tobacco I thinkthey just taste better
Old 10-15-2002, 05:19 PM
lcf

yeah i smoke in it. sadly, new car smells been gone for a long time so it's not like im losing that... *shrug*

i do have two burns on the ceiling though. drunk people have trouble ashing out the sunroof.

i plan on eventually getting aftermarket leather for my seats. it's very likely that i'll have quit by then.

Old 10-15-2002, 06:31 PM

man, I smoke once in a while. I smoke civics everyday in my car.

Oh, smoking cigarretes. NO, only time i smoked was when my bro gave me a Clove. It was hella good. But no, i quit after one. My bro always smokes in my car, and i hate it. He smokes 24k. Even in the middle of his sleep, he wakes up and smokes, then goes back2 sleep. When i go to his house its like a gas chamber!!!

weed, never. SOmeone tried to sell me it and i said im saving up for my first car, my maxima.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by maximadave

It's a different kinda cig
different tobacco I thinkthey just taste better
its the spice cloves some people like it some people hate it

has anyone tried Garam Garams? hehe thats what we used to get overseas filter tasted like bubble gum haha also had menthol ones
Old 10-15-2002, 06:38 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

has anyone tried Garam Garams? hehe thats what we used to get overseas filter tasted like bubble gum haha also had menthol ones
Old 10-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by maximadave

smoking 5 dollars a pack= less money for mods man thats why you're stocker than me... I dont buy NOTHING... i depend on women to give me food and buy me stuff and I take care of my car
Old 10-15-2002, 06:48 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

smoking 5 dollars a pack= less money for mods man thats why you're stocker than me... I dont buy NOTHING... i depend on women to give me food and buy me stuff and I take care of my car
if you remember Mitch from the Mossy show, we are exchanging wheels straight across!!!! All I have to do is sell him a TV at cost
They are 18X8 TSW Revo (sorry Cheston) with brand new Yokohama tires

Quick Reply: How many of you guys smoke in your maxima?