General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Tire situation, what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:06 PM

Tire situation, what would you do?

Ok guys i took my car to discount tires today to get my tires checked because my car was bouncing and the ride was not smooth, they looked at the front two tires and there were huge chunks missing from them. They called them braking spots. Ok so they put them in the back, so I don't feel them, and the ride is smoother but the thing is when I rotate my tires wont I have a problem? If I always keep them in the back? Maybe if I take them off the rim and flip them every time I have them rotated? What would you guys recommend, just keep them in the back, or say **** it and spend $300 for two new tires?

-Chri§
Old 10-15-2002, 01:09 PM

When you do rotatethem then yes they will end up back up front. Maybe if you dont want to buythem all at once buy them seperate and havethem put on when you do the rotation.

SuDZ
Old 10-15-2002, 01:10 PM

Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
Ok guys i took my car to discount tires today to get my tires checked because my car was bouncing and the ride was not smooth, they looked at the front two tires and there were huge chunks missing from them. They called them braking spots. Ok so they put them in the back, so I don't feel them, and the ride is smoother but the thing is when I rotate my tires wont I have a problem? If I always keep them in the back? Maybe if I take them off the rim and flip them every time I have them rotated? What would you guys recommend, just keep them in the back, or say **** it and spend $300 for two new tires?

-Chri§
You can get rid of braking wear by doing a burnout if they are not really bad. Of course the tires will loose some tread from this and not last as long but they will perform and ride better provided you don't burn them till they are bald.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:13 PM

Im only having a problem with 2 of the tires... i figure id keep them on the back...and just rotate them , staying on the back ...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:15 PM

Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by Canuck

You can get rid of braking wear by doing a burnout if they are not really bad. Of course the tires will loose some tread from this and not last as long but they will perform and ride better provided you don't burn them till they are bald.
yeah there REALLY bad... you can run your hand on them and feel them go in
Old 10-15-2002, 01:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

yeah there REALLY bad... you can run your hand on them and feel them go in
then, put 'em in the front, pull the handbrake up and light those bad boys up after you rotate again.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:33 PM

When I purchased my car the dealer told me that one of the front tires had a flat spot(dealer discounted the purchase price). So I called my local michelin dealer and they put two new tires on for $80. I will keep these on the stock rims. I would try contacting an authorized dealer for your tire manufacturer.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by Str8ridin

then, put 'em in the front, pull the handbrake up and light those bad boys up after you rotate again.
Its actually a reasonable excuse to do a burnout
Old 10-15-2002, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by MaximaMoJo
When I purchased my car the dealer told me that one of the front tires had a flat spot(dealer discounted the purchase price). So I called my local michelin dealer and they put two new tires on for $80. I will keep these on the stock rims. I would try contacting an authorized dealer for your tire manufacturer.
You have to understand, i cant go to the dealer, or just pick up two tires for 80 bucks, i need peformance tires becuase i have aftermarket rims

2 for me would be 300 bucks!
Old 10-16-2002, 05:32 AM

Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by Canuck

I'm curious..how does doing a burnout impove the situation
Old 10-16-2002, 07:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by T-bone

I'm curious..how does doing a burnout impove the situation
burnouts take a layer of rubber off the tire and smooth out any flatspots. basically, all the tread will now be even with the lowest spot on the tire.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:05 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tire situation, what would you do?

Originally posted by Str8ridin

burnouts take a layer of rubber off the tire and smooth out any flatspots. basically, all the tread will now be even with the lowest spot on the tire.
Exactly
Old 10-16-2002, 08:18 PM

I'm was talking about contacting the manufacturer of your tires. Is there a local authorized dealer for your brand of tire in your area. It is worth the 5 minutes to make a call. If the manufacturer of the tire believes it could be a defect in the tire they could replace your tire for free or at a discount. Worth a try? Just trying to help.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:50 PM

Do burnouts on them and it will make them rounder.