General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

noooooooo please read......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2000, 08:51 PM
tgonza1057

Ok....23 of you guys have looked at my post I really need help on this

My lights are on the fritz. at night only my headlights stay on. No tail, corner or sidemarker lights what the @#$!. My hazard lights work and brake lights. I tried new fuses but they work for awhile but blow out I must have a short or somthing. I do have hyperwhite bulbs in but they are all the correct wattage and shouldnt bother the tail lights. Is this gonna cost alot to fix cause school fees are due Jan 2. Should I take it to Nissan do they do electrical jobs or is there any way to fix this problem myself...........(I have not rewired my lights so that cant be the problem)

[Edited by tgonza1057 on 12-23-2000 at 11:16 PM]

Old 12-23-2000, 09:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have/had a simalar problem,

It started when I put clear tail lights on {which I took off cause they looked bad},at first my cruise control would not work when my lights were on {it still does not},it seems like if I try to use my cruise control at night my tails dont work and on one occasion my interior light and rear lights did not work {just the headlights},so what I did was replace the fuses that blew out with a higher amp fues,for example the cruise fues {which also controls the tail lights} which is 15 amps I replaced with a 20 amp fuse and I did the same for the other fues that blew and it has been fine for 10 months with no problems other then my cruise control not working when my headlights are on.I think the problem is maybe a bad ground or a short somewere.I checked all my grounds and they looked fine so who knows.I should warn you first that a higher amp fues should not be used to replace a lower what fues since it could brake what ever the fues is protecting,but I did it anyways and I have had no problems.Good Luck
Old 12-23-2000, 09:32 PM
tgonza1057

nope

im not gonna do that I cant afford to screw up the whole electrical system by putting a higer wattage fuse in give me a better option

Old 12-24-2000, 07:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ihad that problem when I put on my catz fogs

and since I hooked them up to the parking lights the lights like the dash, center console, parking lights, fogs, and rear lights went out a couple of times. I replaced the fuses and tried to find out what it was. Well Since there has to be a lot of load going through it to blow so often, is all I did was turn down the lighting of my Dash lights to where I can see them nicely at night and arent too bright. And that was it, Hasnt blown since So try that and see what happens.
Old 12-24-2000, 10:05 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: Ok....23 of you guys have looked at my post I really need help on this

Replace all the hyper white bulbs with stock ones and see if the problem is still there. Did you rewire your corner lights?

Originally posted by tgonza1057
My lights are on the fritz. at night only my headlights stay on. No tail, corner or sidemarker lights what the @#$!. My hazard lights work and brake lights. I tried new fuses but they work for awhile but blow out I must have a short or somthing. I do have hyperwhite bulbs in but they are all the correct wattage and shouldnt bother the tail lights. Is this gonna cost alot to fix cause school fees are due Jan 2. Should I take it to Nissan do they do electrical jobs or is there any way to fix this problem myself...........(I have not rewired my lights so that cant be the problem)

Old 12-24-2000, 03:46 PM
tgonza1057

Re: Re: Ok....23 of you guys have looked at my post I really need help on this

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Replace all the hyper white bulbs with stock ones and see if the problem is still there. Did you rewire your corner lights?

Originally posted by tgonza1057

i havent rewired my lights