General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 01:32 PM
DOM

Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Are there any other refill stations besides NOS? Like nitrous express, NEX, or any of the others? My area has a NOS station and it seems like they have a kind of monopoly and can charge whatever they want. Any other places that sell nitrous besides NOS?
Old 10-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by DOM
Are there any other refill stations besides NOS? Like nitrous express, NEX, or any of the others? My area has a NOS station and it seems like they have a kind of monopoly and can charge whatever they want. Any other places that sell nitrous besides NOS?
look for local speed shops.....

Guy here has it for around 3$ a pound.

Aaron
Old 10-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

If you can find someone that has a medical license, you can use the nitrous that dentist use. Exact same stuff minus the sulfur and it's much cheaper per lb.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:57 PM
VQ Wizard

Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by DOM

err.... NOS doesn't make Nitrous. The Nitrous usually comes from welding supply companies and doesn't discriminate as to what bottle it finds it's way into. N O S is just more widely known. There really isn't much ground to stand on to complain about the price because the stuff is just expensive for them to buy in the first place. If you REALLY are that concerned with getting a better deal then you should fork out the $1000 and get your own filling station equipment. And that doesn't include the scales or the air compressor to drive the pump. Then you can find a welders supply shop and pay their outragous fees and 'rent' their bottles that you have to pay $125+ for 75 pound of Nitrous in which you can only get about 60 pounds out of to sell.

But I guess you're right, what the hell are these people thinking? Trying to make a few bucks on a Nitrous fill so they can pay their bills and put food on the table at home. Jeez the nerve of them.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...NOSrefill.html
Old 10-20-2002, 07:23 PM

Re: Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by SR20DEN

err.... NOS doesn't make Nitrous. The Nitrous usually comes from welding supply companies and doesn't discriminate as to what bottle it finds it's way into. N O S is just more widely known. There really isn't much ground to stand on to complain about the price because the stuff is just expensive for them to buy in the first place. If you REALLY are that concerned with getting a better deal then you should fork out the $1000 and get your own filling station equipment. And that doesn't include the scales or the air compressor to drive the pump. Then you can find a welders supply shop and pay their outragous fees and 'rent' their bottles that you have to pay $125+ for 75 pound of Nitrous in which you can only get about 60 pounds out of to sell.

But I guess you're right, what the hell are these people thinking? Trying to make a few bucks on a Nitrous fill so they can pay their bills and put food on the table at home. Jeez the nerve of them.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...NOSrefill.html

Old 10-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Aaron95SE

look for local speed shops.....

Guy here has it for around 3$ a pound.

Aaron
Aaron, when you hook yours up, let me know...I get it for less then $3 a pound.

Erik
Old 10-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by tifosiv122

Aaron, when you hook yours up, let me know...I get it for less then $3 a pound.

Erik
Will do Erik! Thanks!

Whats the word on the merc? Waiting is killin ya?

Aaron
Old 10-21-2002, 04:47 PM
DOM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SR20DEN
[B]

Errr..Maybe you should read what I wrote. I know that N O S
does not make nitrous. I don't know. Did I say anywhere that NOS makes nitrous? Read up a little dumbass. I was wondering if or where I CAN FIND ANOTHER NITROUS REFILL STATION BESIDES NOS BECAUSE THEY CHARGE MORE MONEY THAN I HAVE SEEN LISTED ON VARIOUS SITES. I have seen usually a $3-$3.50 price per pound. Where I am at it costs $4.00. Back home it costs $5.00. In my area right now, there is ONE NOS station I know of. They are usually sold out of nitrous at the NOS station and could charge whatever they want. What I want to know is, for my economic benefit, is there a list of other nitrous refill stations for automobiles that might be cheaper? I like the nitrous stuff but I don't want to pay $15 a pound just because I didn't know of any alternative choices.
SR20DEN-Hey, thanks for the NOS sites when I have asked if there were any OTHER choices.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:54 PM
VQ Wizard

Re: Re: Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by DOM

Errr..Maybe you should read what I wrote. I know that N O S
does not make nitrous. I don't know. Did I say anywhere that NOS makes nitrous? Read up a little dumbass. I was wondering if or where I CAN FIND ANOTHER NITROUS REFILL STATION BESIDES NOS BECAUSE THEY CHARGE MORE MONEY THAN I HAVE SEEN LISTED ON VARIOUS SITES. I have seen usually a $3-$3.50 price per pound. Where I am at it costs $4.00. Back home it costs $5.00. In my area right now, there is ONE NOS station I know of. They are usually sold out of nitrous at the NOS station and could charge whatever they want. What I want to know is, for my economic benefit, is there a list of other nitrous refill stations for automobiles that might be cheaper? I like the nitous stuff but I don't want to pay $15 a pound just because I didn't know of any alternative choices.
SR20DEN-Hey, thatnks for the NOS sites when I have asked if there were any OTHER choices.

I bet you were the kid that always added 2 + 2 and got 3
Old 10-21-2002, 04:55 PM
DOM

For anyone who cannot read to well or needs this simplified, is there any other nitrous refill stations besides calling up my dentist? I already know of the NOS list. Is there a list for another company? Like for example, does NX have a common web site with their refill stations?
Old 10-21-2002, 04:56 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by DOM
For anyone who cannot read to well or needs this simplified, is there any other nitrous refill stations besides calling up my dentist? I already know of the NOS list. Is there a list for another company? Like for example, does NX have a common web site with their refill stations?

I hear it now.....
Old 10-21-2002, 04:57 PM
DOM

SR20DEN

Please read it again. If you need anymore help understanding what my question is, please feel free to PM me.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:00 PM
VQ Wizard

Re: SR20DEN

Originally posted by DOM
Please read it again. If you need anymore help understanding what my question is, please feel free to PM me.
I have no desire to PM you. I spell it all out for you and you lash out.

My question is why can't YOU understand it. If you got a list from Nitrous Express, Zex, Nitrous Works, Venom, 10,000 RPM, Compucar, etc. It would be the SAME LIST OF PEOPLE.

oh yeah..

SEARCH
Old 10-21-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by Aaron95SE

Will do Erik! Thanks!

Whats the word on the merc? Waiting is killin ya?

Aaron
Aaron,

Picking it up Thursday...yes the wait is killing me...

Erik
Old 10-21-2002, 06:50 PM

I think what Dom is wanting to know is if there are other lists of where to get refills other than the list on the Holley site. There may be more stations that offer refills that aren't listed, and he is trying to find those stations as they may be cheaper than the stations listed on the Holley site as they are less known.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where do I go for Nitrous Refill Stations?

Originally posted by tifosiv122

Aaron,

Picking it up Thursday...yes the wait is killing me...

Erik
Woohooo!!

Congrats man!

Aaron
Old 10-21-2002, 08:58 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by GarthG
I think what Dom is wanting to know is if there are other lists of where to get refills other than the list on the Holley site. There may be more stations that offer refills that aren't listed, and he is trying to find those stations as they may be cheaper than the stations listed on the Holley site as they are less known.
Yes, that is exactly what he was asking. In turn I was trying to explain that the same refill shops will be on those other lists if they do exist. There are plenty of shops that arent on any list at all so you find them in the phonebook or by word of mouth (locally). The shops on those lists don't get any type of kickback for being 'NOS' authorized. It really has nothing to do with what they charge. Granted $5.00 a pound does sound like price gouging, they may be the only game in town and they know it.

And I posted the list from the Holley site because I didn't know of any other lists. Their list has served me well.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:17 PM

When I used to run N20 I used a bottle every 7-10 days just around town and $30 per refill got damn expensive. I called around and found a gas supplier that carried non-medical grade N20 but come to find out they bought it from a medical pumping station and were supposed to taint it with the sulfur. Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't hehe. They sold it in a 50lb cylinder that held about 65lbs of N20 inside. You can get it with a siphon tube or make a inverted stand to use a regular bottle and supposedly get the very last bit out. Anyway I was leasing the 50lb cylinder for $40 a year and refills were only $85 and they delivered. You don't need a NOS filling pump or a compressor, all you need is to clean out your freezer and stick your 10lb bottle in there for a few hours at night. Keep the 50lb cylinder as warm as possible=higher pressure. Buy a 6ft 4an hose and bottle adapter and your in business. Just hook both ends together open up the big bottle then the 10lb bottle and listen to it fill up. Its the inexpensive way hot rodders have been doing it for decades. Transfilling it saved me hundreds and from the convenience of my own home. Just ask if anything needs more clarification.