General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

After market moonroof?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 11:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

After market moonroof?

Hey! Good site you all have here!

Have a quick question I was hoping I could get some feedback on. I have been looking for a 02' SE with a moonroof. Unfortunately I am having a hard time with the roof part. One of the dealer told me today that they could install a moonroof and that it would be covered under the factory warranty. Does anyone have experience with a non-factory installed moonroof? I've always avoided this type of thing but its been a long time since I've had to think about it (thinking there might have been advances since then).

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 10-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: After market moonroof?

Originally posted by malachie
Hey! Good site you all have here!

Have a quick question I was hoping I could get some feedback on. I have been looking for a 02' SE with a moonroof. Unfortunately I am having a hard time with the roof part. One of the dealer told me today that they could install a moonroof and that it would be covered under the factory warranty. Does anyone have experience with a non-factory installed moonroof? I've always avoided this type of thing but its been a long time since I've had to think about it (thinking there might have been advances since then).

Thanks in advance for the help!
I don't have experience with non-factory moonroofs but when you hear the dealership say "We'll install the sunroof for you", run!
Old 10-21-2002, 01:17 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: After market moonroof?

Originally posted by deezo
...hear the dealership say "We'll install the sunroof for you", run!
agreed.

also, who will warranty it? Just that dealership or any Nissan service department? I'm sure he's just saying that hoping they'll install it and nothing will go wrong for a little while and they'll "forget" about your agreement.

where are you that you can't find a Max with a moonroof? Widen your search... they're all over dealerships in the Boston area (Boston area = anywhere from northern CT to Western MA, southern ME and half of NH.)