General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Detonation above 9psi, visited JWT also (its LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Maximamike

Don't roll your eyes. Maybe if you were here a long *** time ago you would know that when Stillen first showed their S/Cer kits, an older gentlemen brought by a black turbo 3rd gen built by JWT. Long story short, the 3rd gen made more than Stillens S/C'd Max's and in normal Stillen fashion(Ask Cattman, haha) proceeded to kick him out.

Roll that, fine sir.
SC on stock boost, yeaaay! You mean like 5 months longer a long time ago?

Where's the kits? Where's 370hp/369tq to the wheels? Where's anything other than a $10-15K black hole for something that can be CUSTOM made anywhere for $4-5K?

Yes, I heard the Cattman getting kicked out story.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
dam guys

SSF detectives juss paid me a visit, they said im stripping cars and dumping them on the street. and they said they can charge me for like 30 different counts rite now. They said they know im stripping cars in my garage, even if im not, im lookin the other way and letting people use my garage for that. I have to bring in my car tomorrow to have them run the VIN on the car and on the motor. FOCCCK
WTH. That is insane. Where are they getting all this "evidence" to say you were running a chop shop. Well if you havent done anything then I guess you dont have anything to worry about. Unless they try and pin something on you that you didnt do. Which is what they will probably do.

sorry to hear that matthel
Old 10-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Did they formally charge you with anything? If they just having conversation with you, that means they have NOTHING. I wouldn't worry about a lawyer until they come to get you. If they want to run your vin number, tell them to come get it themself. Why should you do all the work?

i shouldnt even worry about my car rite now. friggin cops say i should get a lawyer and everything.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

they didnt formally charge me with anything. they were pressuring me alot to give them info that i dont have. they said they know im involved but dont think im the "main player"

they also asked Malik if he has any "connections" with car strippers.

he says they know "our kind" we have connections with people or people strip cars...
Old 10-23-2002, 02:06 PM

What exactly are they basing the charges on? I mean is there anything they really pointed out to you that made them suspicious or are they just saying ... hmm he has parts laying around he must be guilty. Also sorry if this was talked about before but I wasnt aware of it , do you run an Automotive garage proffesionally or is it a home or storage type garage they are investigating?

SuDZ
Old 10-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Banned

they didnt formally charge me with anything. they were pressuring me alot to give them info that i dont have. they said they know im involved but dont think im the "main player"

he says they know "our kind" we have connections with people or people strip cars...
hahaa, then they have nothing at all. I dont think you should worry about it too much. Just being d!cks trying to get lucky.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:17 PM
BugNout

You should email the link to this thread to everyone at JWT. I'll do it for you if you want? No joke!

Old 10-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor

it was retarded haha they asked me how i got my money like if my parents were rich if i stole cars if I have a criminal record... do I have 'connections' with car choppers

and JWT sucked too... great customer service made us feel like cherished customers
all they did was talk **** about Matts Maxima and Maxima people in general
Old 10-23-2002, 02:23 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by carnal_c30
and JWT sucked too... great customer service made us feel like cherished customers
all they did was talk **** about Matts Maxima and Maxima people in general
hmm..they don't like maxima people.. but we give them $$$.. hopefully some people are starting to see JWT inc. for what it really is
Old 10-23-2002, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by bags533

hmm..they don't like maxima people.. but we give them $$$.. hopefully some people are starting to see JWT inc. for what it really is
I'm sure they can make great products but until they try to improve relations with us and stop treating us like **** it wont do them any good

the only thing they seemed concerned about was production, not about fixing their screwups

at Stillen day 80% of the cars were Maximas... JWT wont get any business because they dont give a fack about Maximas and their enthusiasts
Old 10-23-2002, 02:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Let's take a donation and send them some of this

Originally posted by bags533

Better than Play Doh
Old 10-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Let's take a donation and send them some of this

Originally posted by dlicari

Better than Play Doh

I say we put together a HUUUUUGE Group Buy and send a truck load over to JWT headquarters.
Old 10-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Granny Driven

Maybe JWT is playing this game on you????
Old 10-23-2002, 02:58 PM

Re: Re: Let's take a donation and send them some of this

SuDZ
Originally posted by IceY2K1
I say we put together a HUUUUUGE Group Buy and send a truck load over to JWT headquarters.

SuDZ
Old 10-23-2002, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax

hehe, no he drives a 600+HP TTZ that is in alot of mags.
matt needs to keep builting his motor and KICK HIS *** IN A RACE

upgrade internal & boost it up to 25psi!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:59 PM

F#Ck them!
I won't be spending any green with azzholes like that
If he ever did that to my car i would of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
nobody beats on my car but me.
sorry....that just burns my azz
Old 10-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Do not say another word to the cops. When they formally charge you, get a lawyer and let him talk for you. NOT A WORD

Dont let the pressure you into saying anything that you may regret later, one way or another.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:11 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

yea! mzmtg is correct.
matt. they're just trying to play you to get real info. r u sure they were even REAL SF detectives? did you get their badge info?

seriously tho. dont sweat it. you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear. the only thing you have to worry about is your stupid neighbors always trying to get you in trouble. like that old lady down the street that always calls the cops on you. wtf.

yea. dont say anything else to the fuzz unless they issue you a charge, otherwise they're just blowing hot air.

azzhoes.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:13 PM

Exactly by you giving up info for no reason you just let them strip some of your rights from you. Dont say a word without a lawyer. Tell them if they want to talk then it will be through a lawyer.

SuDZ
Old 10-23-2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

Do not say another word to the cops. When they formally charge you, get a lawyer and let him talk for you. NOT A WORD

Dont let the pressure you into saying anything that you may regret later, one way or another.
Ever heard the phrase of "Getting Pinched". Turbo95 max you have been pinched. They are just looking for a lead. My advise, forget it.(oh, and stop stealing $hit)MZMTG makes a good point, not a word!
Old 10-23-2002, 04:10 PM

#1. Jim Wolf can suck a lemon.
#2. Tell the cops they are 'pigs' and see how they like the stereotypes.. because they are doing the same to you.
#3. Don't let other people drive your car unless they will care for it as much or more than you do.. I won't take my car anywhere unless the people working on it are more **** about it than I am.
#4. Give Jim Wolf his license plate back and tell him to suck a lemon.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Car strippers? WTF?!

Unbelieveable!

Get a lawyer to protect yourself and then in return sue their azz!
Old 10-23-2002, 05:36 PM

ugh...this is so sad

so i shouldnt say anything eh?? i already said some info...i guess thats all...i hope i dont get screwed big time tmorrow when i go down to the department.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:38 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
WOW, great customer service!!! Fokers, you should told them to give you $100 for waisting yor time and beating on your car. Who in the hell do they think they are!!! I'd have shoved that license plate frame up Jims Wolfs A**!!!

F them and their crappy ECU's

Well it appears more people just learned what some of us knew all along.

Turbo95: Im sorry you had to go through that experience and hope you get the car dialed in that way you want.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:38 PM

ugh...this is so sad

so i shouldnt say anything eh?? i already said some info...i guess thats all...i hope i dont get screwed big time tmorrow when i go down to the department.
Good luck man! I hope that everything works out for the best.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:50 PM

judging by the info you guys have now,do you think i 'HAVE' to bring my car in so the 'PIGS' can look at it??!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 06:57 PM

Be Smart!!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune man. I was considering having him reprogram my ECU in the future, but knowing that they belittle and insult their customers like that, they can take their products elsewhere. Personally I am boycotting their products. He should treat his customers with courtesy and respect because they are the reason his name and products are so well known... with attittude like that, it's like having your own kid slap you in the face for providing them with food and shelter.

Ok, a bit of advice about the police. If they are really bustin' your gonads, get yourself some tape recorders. Tape record them wrongly accusing, and hassling you. Bring one with you at all times to record all possible conversations. If **** hits the fan, bring those tapes to a lawyer. You'll nail them if this ever (god-forbid) goes to court. It'll be your word against theirs unless you shut them up with hard proof.

Good Luck,
Ro
Old 10-23-2002, 07:05 PM

What a bunch of *sses... I would no go back there again were I you.
-Cyrus
Old 10-23-2002, 09:12 PM
I'm needing a caw

Questions:

1) Why in the hell is JWT driving your car around just to datalog? Where is there dyno? Maybe they don't have one and that explains why there's not dyno #'s for their new cams. Odd.

2) I agree, if the police are harassing you, why in the hell do you have to go down the the station? They can come by and do it them damned selves. Besides why didn't they just copy your vin and run it though their car computor?? Sheesh.

Good luck bro. I can't comment on the wastegate thing unless I had a better idea of the setup.

You can email me pics if you like.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I wouldn't go down there.

1. It's the police station. It's easier for them to intimidate you while you are there by yourself. You don't want to end up saying something that you shouldn't have. You might never come out.

2. They will probably be too lazy to come back and forget about you by end of the week.

3. It's time to go vist friends outta town for a few days if you really have something to hide.

All the things I mentioned above are nothing illegal. You have the rights to do whatever you want until they have sufficent evidence to arrest you.

judging by the info you guys have now,do you think i 'HAVE' to bring my car in so the 'PIGS' can look at it??!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:14 PM

looking at their facility, i dont belive they have a dyno there

anyways, i want to go down there juss cause i told them i would and im cooperating with them. im gonna go with someone also. Hope all goes well. i know i dindt do anything illegal but i am still nervous/scared/ intimidated.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:27 PM

looking at their facility, i dont belive they have a dyno there

anyways, i want to go down there juss cause i told them i would and im cooperating with them. im gonna go with someone also. Hope all goes well. i know i dindt do anything illegal but i am still nervous/scared/ intimidated.

Dude..i'll go with you..i think ive had enough professional experiences with the people in blue. Please bring a tape recorder...have everyone you talk to state their name..and badge Number if possible on it. Its the only way to get past the He said...She said..that I said..Bull$hit.. If you need help..im here!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:31 PM

you should have just told them to kiss your azz and mooned the shizier out of them...

they only kiss up to Magazines that give them exposure..if you're drving your customers car and bottom out, the least you can do is say 'sorry'...obviously they lack common sense.

oh and as far as the SFPD goes...man, i don't know what to say...it's just another police brutality...you should wear a wire when you go down to the station..
Old 10-23-2002, 11:38 PM
Ford Only.

They are just mad because the Giants are going to lose. Go see what they want, you do not have to tell them anything, ask them if they have anything against you, if not tell them good bye. They are good at playing with the mind, but you just have to think of them as a game, it is soo stupid because you are innocent as long as you keep that on your mind, you are alright. You dont need a lawyer either...you could mod with that money. If they take you to court and throw something at you, you will get a public deffender like I had they can work miracles with the judge's since they are with them everyday. Just dont tell the cops anything, it makes it very hard for them in court, since they dont have any statments from you.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:08 AM

ugh

this is so stressful. i feel so sorry for myself....
Old 10-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

This sucks!!! First JWT treat you like shiet then this stuff with the cops happens. Like everybody mentioned before, record everything. It's your only proof of the shiet they are trying to pull. I hope you get this ordeal all behind you so you can get on with your life.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:22 AM

I gotta tell ya, I read your post, and if thats the way it happened, Jim and Clark sure have turned out.

I can see some of it. I remember in 97-98 when I worked with them on the FIRST 95 ECU. It was before the ECU's were in production and Waaaayyy before the NOS daughterboard system (thats another first). I remember Jim and I would talk on the phone for HOURS at a time, didnt' talk to much to Clark, and Ben was there too (don't know if he still is).

I remember Jim used to complain about all the guys from the forum that would hound them with calls all day long, some guys over and over with the same BS (I can see that too, some of our customers are in the 30-50 email range before they decide what they want (which is why we don't talk on the phone)

The bread and butter for JWT is with Nissan, not the aftermarket as much. They rely on retailers (SGP, Cattman, etc.) to sell, distrubute, solicit their products.

Its a shame if thats what happened, I only have doubts because I've dealt with them for so long.....

btw, I used to have the license plate that Jim sent me, lol. It broke when the car was hit on the trailer.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

turbomax you feeling alright? you usually are more upbeat about things.

you know you have not broken the law so dont worry about.

your in cali im sure there is somewhere else that can play with your ecu.

in any event keep your head up and dont let anyone else drive your car!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:36 AM

it doesnt matter if you believe me or not tho Don. i was there and i know what happened and thats how i was treated. Malik was there as well and he witnessed most of it. people can believe what they want. the reason i posted was not to get people to not buy their products, but to let people know how we were treated so that they know. thats all

nismo2020,

thanks for asking, i been better. but i know in the end itll work out. rite now it sucks thats all.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Former Sponsor

no matter what, I'm sure people have ad favorable experience with JWT, but when I was there with Matthel I was really offended by te WHOLE thing.
I understand a company being a little bit reluctant to fix their problems or help a customer out, but the way Jim treated us was totally wrong.

asking ME, a customer to move MY car so his employee could park in the customer parking was BS, I had to drive next door where even though I had NO business over there, they didnt complain about me parking there unlike Jim Wolf
the way Jim drove Matthels car was totally careless and disrespectful. what he said about Matts car and Maxima people in general was little petty bull**** that wasnt appropriate for a company I dont care if he felt that way about Maximas, but he shouldnt say it and offend us right in front of us

then... when he and Clark decided to go to lunch 1:30 minutes plus while we were waiting was really bad- no company I have ever complained about would even do some crap like that

we were just sitting there waiting for there asses to get back

basically the help they gave us could have been done in 30 minutes without beating on Matthels car and without wasting our time.

The whole time we were there they didnt try to help, only discount everything Matthel said and to belittle us in front of their 'greatness' "put this on your car when its fast" thats some **** right there... Matts car was faster than anyone in their lot even my whale of an SC400 woulda smoked any of em

Jim Wolf will get a complaint from me in the BB of San Diego-

Quick Reply: Detonation above 9psi, visited JWT also (its LONG)