General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Detonation above 9psi, visited JWT also (its LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 03:12 AM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
dam guys

SSF detectives juss paid me a visit, they said im stripping cars and dumping them on the street. and they said they can charge me for like 30 different counts rite now. They said they know im stripping cars in my garage, even if im not, im lookin the other way and letting people use my garage for that. I have to bring in my car tomorrow to have them run the VIN on the car and on the motor. FOCCCK
holy crap that suxx ****... they don't have probable cause it's those priK neighbours you have next door.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:19 AM
Administrator

ugh

this is so stressful. i feel so sorry for myself....
you might want to start recording any conversations or comments they say to you..
Old 10-24-2002, 05:29 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by SprintMax
you might want to start recording any conversations or comments they say to you..
agreed
Old 10-24-2002, 06:28 AM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
no matter what, I'm sure people have ad favorable experience with JWT, but when I was there with Matthel I was really offended by te WHOLE thing.
I understand a company being a little bit reluctant to fix their problems or help a customer out, but the way Jim treated us was totally wrong.

asking ME, a customer to move MY car so his employee could park in the customer parking was BS, I had to drive next door where even though I had NO business over there, they didnt complain about me parking there unlike Jim Wolf
the way Jim drove Matthels car was totally careless and disrespectful. what he said about Matts car and Maxima people in general was little petty bull**** that wasnt appropriate for a company I dont care if he felt that way about Maximas, but he shouldnt say it and offend us right in front of us

then... when he and Clark decided to go to lunch 1:30 minutes plus while we were waiting was really bad- no company I have ever complained about would even do some crap like that

we were just sitting there waiting for there asses to get back

basically the help they gave us could have been done in 30 minutes without beating on Matthels car and without wasting our time.

The whole time we were there they didnt try to help, only discount everything Matthel said and to belittle us in front of their 'greatness' "put this on your car when its fast" thats some **** right there... Matts car was faster than anyone in their lot even my whale of an SC400 woulda smoked any of em

Jim Wolf will get a complaint from me in the BB of San Diego-
that's just bad business. they are not true to the nissan name and they definately are not maxima enthusiasts. heck, i don't like domestic V8s too much, but i wouldn't abuse someone's car or belittle it in front of the owner like they did to you guys. i always have something good to say about other people's cars no matter how "off" it was from my own preference. they need a lesson in humility.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looking at their facility, i dont belive they have a dyno there

anyways, i want to go down there juss cause i told them i would and im cooperating with them. im gonna go with someone also. Hope all goes well. i know i dindt do anything illegal but i am still nervous/scared/ intimidated.
If you aren't guilty of anything you will be doing the right thing by letting them look at what they want to see just to prove them wrong. Good Luck!
Old 10-24-2002, 07:48 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

yea. if you're gonna record conversations with the SFPD, tell them this:

"do you mind if i record our conversations for any possible legal action"

that way, they wont BS you incase this goes to court. same deal if you get pulled over by the cops and they wanna harass you. just bring a tape recorder and record the whole conversation. ...

they'll shape up real fast when they find out that their azz might be on the line with evidence against them.

if you need legal help, i know a few lawyers / family friends in norcal that might be able to help you.

SFPD is #1 priority. *** JWT for now. you can deal with them later.

its ok matthel. just keep your head up. it'll be coo. you didnt do anything illegal. the Heat is just looking for something to do.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Ford Only.

Yes, if you are going to record, you MUST let them know, or else the recording is useless in court.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:20 AM

I am shocked to read something like this. I would think he would treat you better since you put all this hard work and effort into your car. Now about the insults on your car and maximas etc that was all uncalled for. Bottoming out your car , I dont bottom out my own car, and the next mufcker best not bottom out my shyt. The 1hr and 30min break was uncalled for he could have asked hey you guys want to ride along etc..or want a bite to eat would you like to follow us? , just do the Better Business Bureau thing to inform everyone on this continent what they did to you. I am about to do it to Fed EX since I am still awaiting on a check since March of this year.

God be with you
Jaime
Old 10-24-2002, 10:33 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

thanks for the support peoples

the detective juss called and asked if i was still going down there today and i said yes. he asked if i got the info he requested and when i come down i have to be completely honest with him. i said ive been honest with you the whole time. he goes "we'll see about that"

they gonna interogate me huh??? get in the gray room with tdem smokin in my face and 1 lil desk lamp...haha crap
Old 10-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Turtle... turtle...

Old 10-24-2002, 10:44 AM

don't give up, pursue this and make mister jim wolf shove his plate frame up his @ss!
& Jason..."turtle, turtle" <-- worst movie ever.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:00 PM

Turbomas95,

Wow....what a day, eh? First the JWT and second the cops...
I don't know exactly how you feel right now, or at least how "awful" seeing things go south, but if I were you, I will follow the advices these guys in the forum have given you.

I will bring a tape recorder and a fresh cassette (in addition to the one I have inside it), keep a cool head, and head down there sometime around 11am (it's when I have the coolest head).

I ask the permission to record everything on cassette, and insist upon recording the conversation. If they asked why, I will tell them politely that I need this for references in the future if this happens again.

After that, just relax and answer their questions. I would not feel sorry for my self nor angry either. I'll take this as another lesson in public communication......

Look at it this way, everything after this will go up again, so just keep a cool head and a nice attitude (polite but firm).

Best of luck!
Old 10-24-2002, 01:02 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

the detective juss called and asked if i was still going down there today and i said yes. he asked if i got the info he requested and when i come down i have to be completely honest with him. i said ive been honest with you the whole time. he goes "we'll see about that"

they gonna interogate me huh??? get in the gray room with tdem smokin in my face and 1 lil desk lamp...haha crap
Matthel,

I'm not sure if I missed this in this long thread, but...

Did they show you ID or did you call them at the police department to VERIFY that they actually are who they said they are????

Could it be your neighbors (or their friends) screwing with your head?
Old 10-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

everytime i read your post about them bullshiet as$ cops it makes me mad. i wish them motherphuckers would come at me with some bullshiet like that. click on sprints sig pic and tell them phuckers to go ***** themsleves.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:48 PM

Good luck to you. This whole thing is ridiculous and I hope nothing bad comes of it. If they do pester you and have nothing on you file a formal complaint, I have done it in the past and they respond well and back off when getting them.

SuDZ
Old 10-24-2002, 03:53 PM
Administrator

start digging for recipts.. you are going to need them
Old 10-24-2002, 04:00 PM

Just posting to show my support... I don't know you but I can relate to getting pinched by the cops. Growing up in Alabama, I have had dealings with the "good ol' boys" who don't know much less respect your rights. When they're questioning you, it's always best to remember to answer with "yes" or "no" if possible, and not elaborate. This puts the burden of questioning on the cops, because they're just looking for you to contradict yourself if you just keep talking and talking. It's easy to get intimidated, and just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean you don't need to be careful talking to cops... you can talk yourself into a hole anyway.

JWT talking trash like that is just rude. Hope you get everything worked out.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:32 PM

oh god, matt, im sorry to hear all this

about the JWT thing, what they did was completely uncalled for, you're such a nice guy and thats why you didnt do anything, i on the other hand would have blown up in their face. i might be a small guy but i can throw some nasty words and punches when i have to. they don't have a right to do this to their customers....bastards...

about the cops...how in the hell did they figure you to be a person who strips cars??? damn, i know you WORK on cars in your house, but STRIP them???? if its youre neighbors who turned you in, they are ****ing idiots@$!@%

keep your head up, you're a cool guy and everything will turn out good. thanks for all your help, stay strong!
Old 10-24-2002, 10:52 PM
lcf

Turbo95Max--

Hm, dood. I'm sorry I saw this post a little late... but I'm still gonna say what I think needs to be said. I've spent some time in county jails before, in my youth, so I know what cops are really like. You know how it's supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty"... well if cops are pinching you like this it's very likely that theyre thinking the other way around.

Some of the guys here had good advice, others not so good advice. Regardless, let me tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes:

First of all, I would be very clear the next time I speak to the officer(s): "Officer, I had an opportunity to speak with my attorney and assured me that I don't have to talk to you guys about this stuff anymore. He also said for me to ask that you please stop harrassing me." Heh, I would have a nice grin on my face while telling them this. Depending on the cops... and on the circumstances, evidence, etc. they may simply leave you alone, or they may take you downtown and actually charge you with something.

I've been charged with stuff before and it's really not a big deal. It costs money though. For your case... I advise you to have friends or family know that you might need to be bonded out of jail (I'm sure in your case it'll be a couple thousand dollars at least... under $5k for sure though). Before they put you in a cell with 20 other guys you'll have some paperwork to do. They'll also check you for weapons and in some jails (most actually) they will tell you to remove laces from your shoes. They'll keep everything you had in your pockets in a locker or box or paper bag for you until you get out. While you're in jail, they'll let you make your phone call and will also come back and give you some more paperwork. It will be a court order to appear on a certain date for your arraignment (where you plead gulity or not guilty in front of a judge). Hopefully by the time this paperwork gets to you your friends or family will have begun the paperwork to get you out. It should only be a few hours, no worries.

At this time, I would call my attorney and let them know what has taken place. They may want to meet in person or in my case, a phone conversation is all that is needed. I'm pretty sure that my attorney's would be able to get me out of your situation if I were in it pretty damn easily.

This is what I would never do: Voluntarily walk into a police station when they've been coming to my house accusing me of an illegal activity. That is just not legally sound. I don't care if you're innocent... it's ludicrous. This is how innocent people get put behind bars!!

I would retain an attorney ASAP... you should NOT try to fight this without one, unless you have experience in these types of situations. Keep in mind though that this is serious stuff to try and "wing it".

Your attorney will guide you through the arraignment (you'll have to shell out a little more money; under $500 im thinking) process. There you'll receive paperwork that tells you the date of your pre-trial. At pre-trial is when your attorney will prove himself. This is where your attorney actually is given an opportunity to work something out with the prosecuting attorney. In this case... I think you will be extremely happy with the results. I think it's very likely you won't even go anywhere near a trial. Either way, Good luck, man. I have noticed that SprintMax is linking people to PrepaidLegal and it just so happens that I also am an associate. If you need any help whatsoever... shoot me an email and I will reply as soon as I read it.

Peace.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:50 PM

well guys

juss wanted to let you all know that im not gonna get charged with anything. as i suspected, they have nothing aganist me, even then white CRX that i worked on that the detectives said "was stolen" wasnt. The detective simply said "oh the computer made a mistake" turns out the cops have about 15-20 stolen cars that have been recovered within 2 blocks of my house so they asked around and my neighbors said im the one that works on cars the most. interesting stuff, i was so relieved when he unlocked the door and let me out of that room. yay!

want to thank everyone for their help and support, it was really cool how even some people that i dont know reply and say encouraging things.
Now back to my car probs..........
Old 10-25-2002, 12:14 AM

well guys

juss wanted to let you all know that im not gonna get charged with anything. as i suspected, they have nothing aganist me, even then white CRX that i worked on that the detectives said "was stolen" wasnt. The detective simply said "oh the computer made a mistake" turns out the cops have about 15-20 stolen cars that have been recovered within 2 blocks of my house so they asked around and my neighbors said im the one that works on cars the most. interesting stuff, i was so relieved when he unlocked the door and let me out of that room. yay!

want to thank everyone for their help and support, it was really cool how even some people that i dont know reply and say encouraging things.

Its cuz your a very very nice guy...very open and welcoming..so yea =) were all here! I dunno if i can help with your car probs tho..i can hand you tools! hahhahha. Just keep the brake kleen away from me..ive lost enough brain cells.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:09 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well guys

good to hear bubba wont be having his way with you tonight.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

well guys

so did you moon them?
Old 10-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Jer

Re: Re: Detonation above 9psi, visited JWT also (its LONG)

I want their cams... but now it's becoming more of a "wanted".

Originally posted by MaxTuner

yeah, let's see how many ppl are going to buy their NEW Cams they just came out for 95-01 maximas!!!

"sigh" why all the nissan tuners in U.S just suck????
Old 10-25-2002, 08:44 AM
Jer

Maybe they associated you with JWT..

they didnt formally charge me with anything. they were pressuring me alot to give them info that i dont have. they said they know im involved but dont think im the "main player"

they also asked Malik if he has any "connections" with car strippers.

he says they know "our kind" we have connections with people or people strip cars...
Old 10-25-2002, 09:06 AM

Hey Matthel: sorry to hear all the troubles u got from JWT and SFPD.....I bet those cops heard about you working on cars a lot and see different cars coming to your place and you wrok on them all the time. of course, they dont know that u work on cars for others....all they see is that you took parts out of a car and put it somewhere. then they assumed that u own a chop shop. glad everything went ok.

and I will chip in some money if we decided to get a GD on smellypoop.com.....everybody from this forum puts in a dollar will fill Jim Wolf's office with melted Hershy.

Or....
to save cost, I suggest that we can use our own
Old 10-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Turtle... turtle...

Old 10-25-2002, 10:03 AM

Glad it all worked out for the best.

SuDZ
Old 10-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Turbo95Max-

I'm glad nothing came about with the police. Next time though, be more careful. The second they start accusing you of things, flat out tell them you're not talking until you have a lawyer present. Did they inform you that your lawyer could be present during thier first interview? If not, everything you said wouldn't have stood in court. I would NEVER go to a police station for an interview where they think I'm a suspect in something. It might cost you $500 to retain a lawyer, but that's a small price to pay when you're the one in the negative spotlight.

I would go down the street and talk with the lady who obviously doesn't like you. Politely explain to her what you do and that the police questioned you. Also ask her why she has called the cops on you in the past. I'm not accusing you of anything , but I would bet that you and/or your friends do WOT blasts down the street and/or work late into the night on your cars which can be loud at times. Correct? I suggest respecting your neighborhood (ie don't work on cars past 10pm, keep the music down, don't throw wild parties, no speeding thru private streets, etc.). If I had people that did this in my neighborhood, I'd even call the cops. I'd talk to them first before calling the cops though. However, it's really not my responsibility to have to talk with my neighbors about respecting the neighborhood.

Dave
Old 10-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

It's a shame JWT treat you and your car so poorly. I wouldn't stand for that kind of disrespect. I'm also considering on not getting thier ECU because of this. I wish there was a way to raise my rev limter only.

I do have to agree with them about the suspension though. If I remember correctly, you've got GCs on a pretty low setting. The problem with sleeve coil-overs and low springs (2+" drops) on a 4th gen Maxima is that there is very little suspension travel to begin with (~3.2" upwards travel before hitting the stop). Every inch you cut out of your springs means you loose that much wheel travel. With GCs on a 2.5" drop and with the stops cut 1/2", you're only looking at around .8" of upwards travel. I don't care how stiff your springs are, you're going to bottom out. Bottoming out is by far the worst thing that can happen to your suspension in a turn because it disrupts the chassis and causes a loss of control. BMWs and other high dollar performance cars handle extremely well because they run soft springs, stiff struts, and TONS of wheel travel. BMWs don't turn completely flat. They lean in a turn, but stick to the road like stink. A slammed Maxima may look good and appear to "handle of rails", but the ultimate handling Maxima will always go to the one with the right combo (1.5" drop on firm springs, stiff struts, and sticky tires). The ONLY way to have a low drop and awesome handling, is to buy a REAL coilover setup ($2500+) with shortened and sleeved struts.

Dave
Old 10-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

I think the cops knew Matt was innocent, they knew from the beginning that the CRX wasnt stolen, they told Matt it was and tried to get him to say other stolen cars that he has worked on- he couldnt because he hadnt, the cops didnt want to talk about the CRX they kept using it to threaten him

its just BS the way these cops lied and BS'd to try to get Matt to admit to something he didnt do
Old 10-25-2002, 12:34 PM

i'm glad that you got the cops outa your hair now.. as for the car, you'll just hafta suck it up like u do with everything else.. it's all just a learning experience rite??
Old 10-25-2002, 01:19 PM

Good luck man

Mathel I know what you are going to. I am undergoing a situation with the police right now as well.

Keep everything. Make records of when they called you and when you've called them and etc.. All paperwork and etc.
Know the names of the people you talked to, know the names of the people who look at your car.

If you're innocent, which I know you are, don't worry about anything. They can't prove anything if you didin't do it.

Good luck man and keep us updated.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:37 PM

This is a strange situation with JWT. Outside of them being backordered/logged I haven't really heard/read anything like this. While it is a known fact that JWT does tune conservatively, most guys can bump the timing or trim the fuel when on race gas. Other guys have the ECU reprogrammed for water injection, race gas, nitrous control. My question is has part throttle driveability improved? Is the idle the same or better as before? For example when se-r guys go turbo they can use a JDM ecu but they still would be stuck with a 109mph limiter. While the JWT ECU on turbo SR20 does increase the rev limiter, it also makes the car idle smoother, drive better and make more power. Hell according to the dyno the JWT ECU with the S3/S4 camshaft program only makes 1-3whp more than the stock ECU. However what the dyno doesn't show is how much more stable the idle is, or how part throttle response is greatly improved. I'd say it is more of a YMMV (Your Resuls may vary).
Old 10-25-2002, 03:04 PM

Wow, I can't believe a company would do this. I wouldn't have given them a penny and told them to sue me for the money. I once had a repair shop fix my car after insurance and then I decided after two days my car still being in the same condition I was going to take it to a different shop. I get there and they wanted to charge me some $250 dollars for insurance claim. I told them give me back my car keys I'm leaving. Walked into the guys office grabbed my keys and returned to my car which was parked outside on the sidewalk next to the shop. The manager got in front not letting me open the door, I told him if he doesn't move out of the way I'm going to throw him out of the way. Finnaly, I pushed him with full force and was going to punch em until another worker came in and stopped me where my friends came out to join in. During this whole situation the owner arrived and I went upstairs with him to talk business. He made me an extremely cheap price to fix my car. 3 days later I went to go pick it up again and I did not like the way the bumper was aligned with the lights. I had them redo everything again and 5 days later picked up my car, paid them and went home. Moral of the story, sue them in small claims court for every penny you every paid them!
Old 10-26-2002, 12:54 AM

DaveB,

if we are rude then i would understand why some neighbors might not like us. I never bump my system at home nor do any of my friends. I live in a court so we never do any WOT runs down the street. We never work on cars past 9pm, even if we have to, its inside closed garage.
About the suspension, i sorta agree, i know it bottoms out alot and i JIC's that will go in as soon as my waranty one arrives. by the way, they are $1850 retail not anywhere near 2500+.

anyways, thanks for your support and advice tho.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:21 AM

Glad everything turned out OK with the cops Matthel.

Sorry to hear about your treatment at JWT. I hope they didn't do any lasting damage to your Max.

Old 10-26-2002, 02:12 PM

This tread off of the SR20DE forum might interest some of you. Every now and again the old JWT vs AFC thread gets started (just like the old Z engine swap here).
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthrea...ight=road+dyno
Old 11-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Dev

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Something tells me age and race were involved in this incident.....
where are you guys from?
cause if they were discriminating you based on these factors (race or age), i would bring a bunch of my friends with me next time (of the same race and age), let them **** in their pants while they suck ur d*ck and fix ur problems.
you should NOT tolerate **** like that, and if that is what they did, seriously go back and make them pay for their stupidity, because it is simply unacceptable.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by Dev

where are you guys from?
cause if they were discriminating you based on these factors (race or age), i would bring a bunch of my friends with me next time (of the same race and age), let them **** in their pants while they suck ur d*ck and fix ur problems.
you should NOT tolerate **** like that, and if that is what they did, seriously go back and make them pay for their stupidity, because it is simply unacceptable.
Real life != Grand Theft Auto.

Quick Reply: Detonation above 9psi, visited JWT also (its LONG)