General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Any sites that explain or anyone with experience please let me know. Ive had them for almost a year and havent installed because I dont know how to get the old ones out. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2002, 10:01 AM

Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Originally posted by max88q
Any sites that explain or anyone with experience please let me know. Ive had them for almost a year and havent installed because I dont know how to get the old ones out. Thanks!
just pop them out, you most likly need a flat head screw drive. Just get under there and figure it out
Old 10-25-2002, 10:07 AM

Get a pair of pliers. There are two tabs on each size of the nozzle. Reach in with your hand or fingers to feel where the tabs are. Then use the pliers to pinch the tabs in and the nozzle should pop right out.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:12 AM

best way to wire them is to the corner lights...........but...... i think your car would look better without them
Old 10-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Q, just forget about it. LED washers are lame.

Do yourself a favor and get tid of them.

Seriously.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The way to install them is you get a pair of pliars and crush them until they turn to dust. Then you thank me for giving you the idea that those things were a really bad idea.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:35 AM

Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Originally posted by SVTTODAMAX

The way to install them is you get a pair of pliars and crush them until they turn to dust. Then you thank me for giving you the idea that those things were a really bad idea.

Either way Im going to install them. I want to see how it would look. I was just going to wire them to my turn signals. Question, What padding are they talking about to put underneath the led washer? What did you guys use??

If I dont like them Ill take them off and reinstall the old ones. I gotta say I atleast tried them.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Either way Im going to install them. I want to see how it would look. I was just going to wire them to my turn signals. Question, What padding are they talking about to put underneath the led washer? What did you guys use??

If I dont like them Ill take them off and reinstall the old ones. I gotta say I atleast tried them.
Take a hammer and smash them, that way you wont have to install them
Old 10-25-2002, 11:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Originally posted by eric93SE

Take a hammer and smash them, that way you wont have to install them
Well, Im going to install them or atleast attempt to. Ive had them too long to not get any use so it may not be a good mod or even a permanent one but see it as educational. If it doesnt look good then Ive learned from my mistakes
Old 10-25-2002, 12:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Mine came with several different black washers to put under the nozzles. If yours didn't come with the washers,

And I wired mine independantly to each turn signal along with a switch so I could turn them on and off.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Originally posted by clee130

Mine came with several different black washers to put under the nozzles. If yours didn't come with the washers,

And I wired mine independantly to each turn signal along with a switch so I could turn them on and off.
Mine came with the washers too just wanted to check to see if there was any extra that was needed. The switch is a good Idea Ill do that too. Thanks guys!
Old 10-25-2002, 02:18 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Old 10-25-2002, 02:35 PM

Re: Re: How do you get the old windshield washer out to put in the led washer??

Quoted Message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow man I thought I was bad when it came to cars. Just take em off. I have silver ones that light blue on my Sage mist green maxima. Looks fine to me.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm so hood

Well, Im going to install them or atleast attempt to. Ive had them too long to not get any use so it may not be a good mod or even a permanent one but see it as educational. If it doesnt look good then Ive learned from my mistakes
hehe, what possibly could be gained in the name of education in this process? I think you'd just get a lesson in aesthetics as everyone else is echoing.

Sell them on ebay for 150% with the desc "D00D! These will cut down on aerodynamic drag and give you 100HP!!!"
Old 10-25-2002, 05:59 PM

just be safe. Cops may pull you over for that. Especially if it's blue or red because that color is reserved for law enforcement.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
just be safe. Cops may pull you over for that. Especially if it's blue or red because that color is reserved for law enforcement.
Agreed cops who have nothing better to do in hickvill. Down here in the city no cop will touch you. I went through bunch of inspection points and not a word.