General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I heard a sick S2000...

Old 09-08-2000, 06:45 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I was minding my own business on a residential road (35mph) when some ****** in a S2000 came up really fast on the left. He didnt have any room to pass as this was thick noon rush hour traffic and started darting like he was going to go ahead and clip me in the front and squeeze into the right lane. So I decided to close the gap. I floored it about the same he dropped back to take a run at it. He was prolly right at front tire level when I opened up. You know how loud that is.. I love that sound... He decided to do the same (not sure where he intend to go, he was blocked). As the max launched like she was leaving Cape Canveral, I heard that VTEC wrap up. Normally that sounds pretty cool on a S2000, but this one was sick. Not only did he not really make much power, but it sounded very metallic. Also most like really really bad valve chatter. It was bizarre. He got behind me and kept his distance (after I flashed my hazards which is my standard one flash warning before I stop the car and stuff you in your own glove box ) You just dont see many of those yet, and I would have guess that engine indestructable.

On a funnier note, two days ago I was sitting at a 4 lane red light. Across from me (facing me) these two kids in an Accord (with obligatory stickers) were inching on a Viper and trying to say something to the guy. When the light turned, he opened it up. I mean really hammered it. I swear he must have been running rocket fuel. It shook all the cars like something had blown up. From the other side of the intersection, he passed me in a blur. I dont know what he did to that viper but it was a MONSTER. I know he had modded exhaust at a minimum, but there had to be more - it defied physics as we know it. He literally disappeared in the side view mirror. But the funny part is that it was so loud and so earth shattering that the two kids jumped back and were so started that they didnt even move as traffic slowly started moving. I mean almost lept out of the other side of the car. I think the driver was almost in the passengers lap. Well, it kinda started everyone... but them especially.

Old 09-08-2000, 09:06 PM

Hmmmm, most guys in a Viper will just ignore the Honda boys. Must have thought it was time for a good whooopin'.

Old 09-09-2000, 12:14 AM
STFU n00b!

Wonder if it was someone they honduh boy(s) knew...

I have a neighbor with some sweet cars, one fine car in his collection is a modded Viper. (I've heard rumors that he's also got an original 429 Shelby Cobra, but I've never seen it.)

Every now and then I'll see him on the road, and he always takes the chance to show off his toys to me. Last time I saw him in the viper, he easily turned 5,000 miles worth of rubber into smoke..

he says he usually won't even mess with kids he doesn't know, especially Honduhs- but every now and then he'll show off and put all that gas guzzling power to the ground.