General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Email from Cattman on new FSTB

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 06:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Email from Cattman on new FSTB

We'll be releasing the long-awaited (at least by me) Cattman TiBar FSTB this coming week. It features a dual tube titanium cross bar, with black-anodized billet aluminum centerpiece and end sockets. The full-circle brackets at the ends are black powdercoat steel. As you would expect the bar is extremely light weight and rigid, you can pick it up with your little finger. Its meant to work better than anything out there and look outstanding under the hood.

The Cattman TiBar comes in four different applications, specifically made to fit the 02-03, 00-01, 95-99 and 89-94 (all); the 00-01 version will be in stock first -- early this coming week -- followed by the 02-03 and 95-99 versions within days, and the 89-94 before the end of the month. Other than the bending dimensions of the tubing, they will be identical.

The TiBar was designed from scratch by Cattman Performance and is U.S.-made by our local fabricating partner. Its entirely a product of my imagination, you won't find anything like it anywhere (yet, anyway). Its not a deal like we've done in the past (and many do now) where our name is applied to an off-the-shelf part.

The retail price is $189 but they will be offered at an introductory price of $179 for a few weeks. Given the materials and machining involved, this part is not meant to compete with the cheap imported FSTBs. Some may scoff, but I don't make much money on this because the materials and machining involved are very expensive. In a way its a matter of pride because I have been unable to find a series of FSTBs that fit all Maximas well and aren't -- I have to say it -- just butt-ugly to look at. Cattman Performance has a tradition of trying to develop and sell the best quality parts available and this part exemplifies that philosophy.

The photo attachments were taken before the nuts and bolts came in, but obviously these come assembled and with all the necessary parts. I'll have better pics as they become available.

Orders can be made now through our order line, 800.759.9920. 00-01 applications will be ready early this week and the 02-03 and possibly 95-99 versions should be available by next week. Credit cards will not be charged until the part goes out.

These will appear on our new website, due mid-December. Contact me by email with any questions.

Brian C Catts
Cattman Performance

$189 Might reconsider this one...
Old 11-02-2002, 07:05 PM
Keven97SE

Re: Email from Cattman on new FSTB

$189 for something that's functionally identical to all the other FSTBs out there. Thanks for the "innovation", Cattman. Innovative would be a triangular unit that connects the strut towers with the firewall behind the intake manifold. THAT would be innovative. THIS is the same as all the other crap.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think it'll as all the other FSTB's.. But is this one supposed to be lighter? I doubt it matters anyways..
Old 11-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Blu
the tits

Re: Re: Email from Cattman on new FSTB

Originally posted by Keven97SE
$189 for something that's functionally identical to all the other FSTBs out there. Thanks for the "innovation", Cattman. Innovative would be a triangular unit that connects the strut towers with the firewall behind the intake manifold. THAT would be innovative. THIS is the same as all the other crap.
stillen tried that with the 02 maxima. no luck something went wrong and they stopped working on it.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:00 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: Re: Email from Cattman on new FSTB

Originally posted by Keven97SE
hostile are we?
Old 11-03-2002, 05:16 AM
Very sound, Mike

I have a feeling Cattman's new FSTB might be stiffer not only because it's made of titanium but because it only has one point of weakness as opposed to a couple on most other FSTB's.

I'm talking about the interconnects between the bar and the plates. Cattman only has one connection on each side while the "ebay" FSTB's have two.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:31 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by soundmike
I have a feeling Cattman's new FSTB might be stiffer not only because it's made of titanium but because it only has one point of weakness as opposed to a couple on most other FSTB's.

I'm talking about the interconnects between the bar and the plates. Cattman only has one connection on each side while the "ebay" FSTB's have two.
Excellent point. I didn't even realize that.

This is definitely a high end bar, especially from the standpoint of aesthetics. If you think your ebay bar is sufficient, then this ain't the bar for you. I won't be purchasing it, but if I had a showcar, it would definitely look nicer than the Bomz ones.......
Old 11-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have one of these for sale:

150 shipped, brand new, directly from cattman
any model, but only one bar is for sale
Old 11-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Very sound, Mike

How can you be selling a Cattman Ti-Bar before Cattman himself has the chance to sell it to the public? (e.g. early next week)
Old 11-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have credit with cattman and have been waiting for this part to become available, the part will ship from him when your vehicle's bar becomes available.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:28 PM
rilla dope

I tell ya, I'll probably jump on one quick, pretty damn sweet looking and the dual bar setup should make a noticeable difference over the single bar setups everyone else is using. That's just what I've heard. I've got no bar now so I'll grab this one up and let all you fellas know how it goes
Old 11-04-2002, 08:28 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by SpeedDemon
I have credit with cattman and have been waiting for this part to become available, the part will ship from him when your vehicle's bar becomes available.
i may be inteterested..
Old 11-04-2002, 08:38 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by releasedtruth
I tell ya, I'll probably jump on one quick, pretty damn sweet looking and the dual bar setup should make a noticeable difference over the single bar setups everyone else is using. That's just what I've heard. I've got no bar now so I'll grab this one up and let all you fellas know how it goes
Why would two bars make a difference? Still functions the same with the exception of the weakness points that someone pointed out already but, why else?