General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002 | 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

Last week I read the thread where certain unnamed people were insulting and debasing Jim and Clark!

I found this ridiculous and insulting. Jim and Clark are known world wide as premier Nissan tuners. They are honest and sincere no-nonsense kind of guys. They would never cheat or take advantage of their customers. They don't deserve this type of negative press. I'll wager most of the disparaging remarks were made by people that never even met Jim or Clark.
For your information, they spend hours on the phone giving free advice to callers looking for help. They also give away a lot of their time to people showing up at their shop. Anyone who thinks spending $100.00 for computer tuning and adjustments is a lot of money is very naive and uninformed. Also, very few shops get involved
with maximas and infinitis and you should be appreciating not flaming them.

I feel the Max Org owes them an apology!!
Old 11-02-2002 | 07:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

from personal experience I'll say JWT's over the phone service is pretty good. I've talked to Clark before about various things concerning their computer controlled NO2 system a while back when I was considering it, he was very helpful and since he saw I was somewhat knowledgeable about it we talked for a minute about other stuff, pretty cool guy, VERY, VERY technical, when he gets going, he doesn't stop

BUT....I also read about TurboMax's experience and from what he stated he had every right to be upset. I mean they clearly insulted him and disrespected him, shaky suspension or not they didn't need to treat his vehicle or him the way they did. and the liscence plate remark is totally uncalled for as well. as for those who have never dealt with JWT and made foul remarks I can see why their comments aren't warranted, but I think Turbomax has every right to be upset since they treated him so wrong!
Old 11-02-2002 | 08:06 PM
Administrator

maybe your wallet is bigger than turbomax's.. i mean why would they insult you when you already spent enough money to buy them both 350 Z's..

before you insult Matt.. check your mother fcking self..

as far as your appology? suck my left nut and make the right one jealous..
Old 11-02-2002 | 08:21 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
suck my left nut and make the right one jealous..
Old 11-02-2002 | 08:22 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

suck my left nut and make the right one jealous..
man, why'd you take it back to highschool on us...
Old 11-02-2002 | 08:37 PM
SLOW

I don't know who I've spoken to at JWT when I've called the few times I have, but I do know that I have been FAR less than pleased with the responses I got when I called. I'd try to ask valid questions about a custom program to get a little more from their ECU, and I'd get blow-off answers like "our normal program will work fine" and that would be it. They would be totally unwilling to discuss other options.

I feel that they don't value the small time enthusiast much at all from my experience, and they way they treated Matthel was absolutely ludicrous. I have the utmost respect for the work you, matthel, and JWT has put into their cars, but just because one or two of the above have put more work than another is absolutely no justification for the way that Matthel and his vehicle were treated.

Did you actually read the original post? They insulted Matthel, abused his car to the fullest, and then charged him $100 for tuning that did nothing... his stock ECU made more power than their's did. If you think they deserve an apology after that, I'd say you've got it backwards, it's Matthel who deserves the apology. Sure many people may have jumped on the "flame JWT" bandwagon and could be owing JWT an apology, but those of us who have tried to do business with them and gotten nothing but the run-around or insults in return, owe them nothing.
Old 11-02-2002 | 09:13 PM

maybe your wallet is bigger than turbomax's.. i mean why would they insult you when you already spent enough money to buy them both 350 Z's..

before you insult Matt.. check your mother fcking self..

as far as your appology? suck my left nut and make the right one jealous..
Posts like this are one of the reasons many of our vendors and fellow car enthusiasts don't take our website very seriously!!

I don't recall insulting Matt! I've met him personally and think he is a great guy. I just think people with a problem with a vendor should handle them privately to avoid posts like yours where you only degrade yourself while reacting with your emotions and not with any pertinent knowledge.
Old 11-02-2002 | 09:20 PM

Originally posted by Nealoc187
I don't know who I've spoken to at JWT when I've called the few times I have, but I do know that I have been FAR less than pleased with the responses I got when I called. I'd try to ask valid questions about a custom program to get a little more from their ECU, and I'd get blow-off answers like "our normal program will work fine" and that would be it. They would be totally unwilling to discuss other options.

I feel that they don't value the small time enthusiast much at all from my experience, and they way they treated Matthel was absolutely ludicrous. I have the utmost respect for the work you, matthel, and JWT has put into their cars, but just because one or two of the above have put more work than another is absolutely no justification for the way that Matthel and his vehicle were treated.

Did you actually read the original post? They insulted Matthel, abused his car to the fullest, and then charged him $100 for tuning that did nothing... his stock ECU made more power than their's did. If you think they deserve an apology after that, I'd say you've got it backwards, it's Matthel who deserves the apology. Sure many people may have jumped on the "flame JWT" bandwagon and could be owing JWT an apology, but those of us who have tried to do business with them and gotten nothing but the run-around or insults in return, owe them nothing.
Yes, I did read every word. I appreciate your comments but remember, none of us were there when Matt was at JWT and You are only hearing one side of the story! I'm sure Matt felt mistreated but we don't know what was said and I'm sure Jim didn't mean to make Matt feel bad. I know because he personally told me so.
Old 11-02-2002 | 09:28 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by i30krab

Yes, I did read every word.

I appreciate your comments but remember, none of us were there when Matt was at JWT and You are only hearing one side of the story!
so you are doing the same thing.. so you just made this whole thread pointless.. thank you.. drive through..

I'm sure Matt felt mistreated but we don't know what was said and I'm sure Jim didn't mean to make Matt feel bad. I know because he personally told me so.

how do you know? are you his thearapist? or do you read minds? tell me i would like to know what my gf is thinking right now.. and i would also like to know if you can read what i think about you and Jim wolf right now.. that way i dont' have to post it
Old 11-02-2002 | 09:34 PM

My ONLY experience with JWT

I bought an intake off of ebay when I first got my max. The seller claimed he was selling the JWT pop-charger with K&N filter. Upon arrival it turned out to be a crappy knock-off. I, along with some others that were in on the buy contacted Jim, explained the situation, and he replaced all of our intakes with the real deal, free of charge. It really sucks to hear about what went down with Matthel, but I can only base my opinion upon personal experience, and I would not hesitate to do business with them again.
Old 11-02-2002 | 09:37 PM
SLOW

Yes, I did read every word. I appreciate your comments but remember, none of us were there when Matt was at JWT and You are only hearing one side of the story! I'm sure Matt felt mistreated but we don't know what was said and I'm sure Jim didn't mean to make Matt feel bad. I know because he personally told me so.
I agree that we've only heard one side of the story, but why would Matt post such a thread if there were not some reason for him to. Why would he go into such detail, such as the bottoming out of his car over large bumps, the tuning that according to his dyno plots did nothing for him, and then finally the license plate frame comment? If JW's words were indeed "Put this on your car when it's fast", I don't see how that could be taken as anything else but an insult, especially when he was there paying for their services in order to tune a vehicle. How would you feel if a tuner said the same to you after beating up on your car and charging you $100 for tuning that didn't do anything?

You say JW didn't mean to make Matthel feel bad. Then what did he mean when he said and did all these things?

No flames here, just a concerned enthusiast who has a vested interest in this as I have been long planning on dropping ALOT of money (for a part time employed college student) into a car that's worth less than the mods I already have on it. I found matthel's post very disturbing, and not at all surprising considering the way I've been treated in my limited contact with the company. I'm not the only one, I can think of a number of people on this board who are less than pleased with their customer service from first hand experience. It just strikes me as a case of "If you don't have $30,000 to spend making a 600hp Nissan with us, we don't care." That's coming from my own personal experience, and it's no way to treat paying customers and potential future customers who were formerly excited about the prospect of buying certain modifications from them.
Old 11-03-2002 | 02:22 AM
Former Sponsor

none of us were there when Matt was at JWT and You are only hearing one side of the story!
I was there and I heard most everything that was said there.

Maybe Jim didnt see me as a Maxima guy there cuz I drove my other car there, from the very beginning he treated us like ****... he asked me to move my Lexus out of the Jim Wolf lot... wtf I parked in Jim Wolfs NEIGHBORS lot and they didnt say ****... I was treated better there than I was at JWT- I went to JWT to help out Matt and because I was interested in purchasing JWT products so I wanted to see how they ran their business- and everything that Matt said happened is true, I was a witness.

I know Jim Wolf CAN do great work, I've seena lot of their work and I am genuinely impressed. BUT, I dont think any customer spending money at Jim Wolf should be treated the way Matt was. sure JWT has done some impressive work, but they didnt to jack for Matt or Maxima enthusiasts when I was there- I saw the worst business etiquette I've ever seen from ANY aftermarket company

I think Jim Wolf owes Maxima enthusiasts an apology, not the other way round, Why do I have to say sorry to JWT? Sorry for treating me and Matthel like ****? I can take some jokes about the 'wannabe pimp' AVC-R boost controller, but leaving for an hour and a half for lunch while we sat and waited is BS... asking me to move my car out of the Jim Wolf Lot is BS, the BS they kept talking about why their ECU couldnt perform nearly as well as the stock ECU- thats BS

I dont doubt JWT can do good work... but then they should do it WHILE being respectful to their customers
Old 11-03-2002 | 02:24 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

well

i know for a fact im telling the truth and nothing is exegerrated. All those " " were the EXACT words that they said to me.

As for witnessing what "actually happened" Malik was there and im sure if we confronted JWT about it they would not deny it. Ive spoken to Jim over email concerning this issue. we've worked some things out but i still am dissatisfied with their customer service and how we were treated that day. espically my car!
Old 11-03-2002 | 03:46 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

nope..
Old 11-03-2002 | 04:45 AM
Administrator

Posts like this are one of the reasons many of our vendors and fellow car enthusiasts don't take our website very seriously!!
I am sorry but i am not going to run like a dog between my legs everytime a vendor decides to disrepect or mess up my car.. just because they are helping doesn't mean they have to right to act superior about it.. maybe if you wern't making JWT rich they would actually treat you like ****..

I don't recall insulting Matt! I've met him personally and think he is a great guy. I just think people with a problem with a vendor should handle them privately to avoid posts like yours where you only degrade yourself while reacting with your emotions and not with any pertinent knowledge.
blah blah blah... you have no right to make this post.. more over ask for an apology.. who the hell do you think you are? you hardly even post here.. you just post when you have some thing new done to your car.. what have you actually contributed to this board? i am hardly on this site so i don't see much of your posts please let me know what you have done for us..
Old 11-03-2002 | 04:53 AM
i SeE what you did therE

blah blah blah... you have no right to make this post.. more over ask for an apology.. who the hell do you think you are? you hardly even post here.. you just post when you have some thing new done to your car.. what have you actually contributed to this board? i am hardly on this site so i don't see much of your posts please let me know what you have done for us..
Old 11-03-2002 | 06:51 AM

I've read all the posts in the previous thread and this one. All I will say is that I have no interest in JWT anymore. I rather do business with someone else. If they can insult and treat another maxima this way then there is no way I will purchase their products. Nobody here owes them nothing but they owe everyone here something. Their business relies on us not the other way around. Perhapes their success made them blind.
Old 11-03-2002 | 06:59 AM

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
Their business relies on us not the other way around.
Actually it doesnt..
Old 11-03-2002 | 07:21 AM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

Actually it doesnt..
You are wrong, a business relies on its customers. Its as simple as that. I don't care that they are the only ones to make cams for the maxima the simple truth is they rely on us.
Old 11-03-2002 | 07:35 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Last week I read the thread where certain unnamed people were insulting and debasing Jim and Clark!

Why leave it unnamed? The ones here who care about this place already know what you are talking about. Why begin a post like this with such ambiguity?

I found this ridiculous and insulting.

Yeah, I thought Jim and Clark were real asses to Matt....oh wait you are taking the other side....

Jim and Clark are known world wide as premier Nissan tuners. They are honest and sincere no-nonsense kind of guys. They would never cheat or take advantage of their customers. They don't deserve this type of negative press. I'll wager most of the disparaging remarks were made by people that never even met Jim or Clark.

So because of your experience, we should all bend over and praise them? I appreciate their efforts in the past, but their treatment of one of our best members on this site isn't going to receive a warm welcome from most of us here.

It is not in Matt's character through his posts on this site to just go off on people for no reason. I trust Matt more in this situation than JWT.

The disparaging remarks and opinions on service were started by the one(s) who dealt with them personally in the first post of the thread. Others simply shared their experiences or stuck up for Matt based on his reputation here. I would post a link to the thread that shows this, but it's obvious that might reveal those "unnamed" people.

For your information, they spend hours on the phone giving free advice to callers looking for help. They also give away a lot of their time to people showing up at their shop. Anyone who thinks spending $100.00 for computer tuning and adjustments is a lot of money is very naive and uninformed. Also, very few shops get involved
with maximas and infinitis and you should be appreciating not flaming them.

They are a business trying to attract and maintain customers. That's their responsibility, and it isn't my responsibility to bend over and kiss their rear when they do what it takes to be a successful entity. Clearly in Matt's case, they failed to provide their expert services, whether free or paid as in this case, that you procliam they do in every situation.

We don't owe them an apology. They don't owe us an apology. They owe MATT an apology. I didn't waste my money or time on them, but Matt did. That is inexcusable.

i30krab,

Sprint's comments were a bit out of line, but it goes to show you that people who care about the reputation of this site aren't going to roll up in a little ball and let assertions like this from you dictate their behavior. Don't cast the stone first, and it won't be rolled back upon you.

I'm disappointed with your comments and lack of faith of those on this site who care about it.
Old 11-03-2002 | 08:49 AM

I agree with Sprint, you put spent a lot of money on them, why would they even think about insulting you and/or treat you bad? You're one of their best customer.
Old 11-03-2002 | 09:07 AM

I didn't know about that post until I read this one.... Have to say I am on Matthel's side on this! I can't believe he would make up such a story! Maybe they weren't happy at the fact that Matthel did so much to his car without their help, I have known a few like that. I've ridden in it and it certainly does not deserve insults like those! In any case, why should the ORG apologize?
Old 11-03-2002 | 09:35 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

All I have to say is they won't be getting any of my money and I sure won't recommend them to anyone until they apoligize for what they did.

Dave
Old 11-03-2002 | 09:52 AM

Re: Re: Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Why leave it unnamed? The ones here who care about this place already know what you are talking about. Why begin a post like this with such ambiguity?

[/B]

Yeah, I thought Jim and Clark were real asses to Matt....oh wait you are taking the other side....

[/B]

So because of your experience, we should all bend over and praise them? I appreciate their efforts in the past, but their treatment of one of our best members on this site isn't going to receive a warm welcome from most of us here.

It is not in Matt's character through his posts on this site to just go off on people for no reason. I trust Matt more in this situation than JWT.

The disparaging remarks and opinions on service were started by the one(s) who dealt with them personally in the first post of the thread. Others simply shared their experiences or stuck up for Matt based on his reputation here. I would post a link to the thread that shows this, but it's obvious that might reveal those "unnamed" people.

[/B]

They are a business trying to attract and maintain customers. That's their responsibility, and it isn't my responsibility to bend over and kiss their rear when they do what it takes to be a successful entity. Clearly in Matt's case, they failed to provide their expert services, whether free or paid as in this case, that you procliam they do in every situation.

We don't owe them an apology. They don't owe us an apology. They owe MATT an apology. I didn't waste my money or time on them, but Matt did. That is inexcusable.

i30krab,

Sprint's comments were a bit out of line, but it goes to show you that people who care about the reputation of this site aren't going to roll up in a little ball and let assertions like this from you dictate their behavior. Don't cast the stone first, and it won't be rolled back upon you.

I'm disappointed with your comments and lack of faith of those on this site who care about it. [/B]
Ok guys, finally we have a dialogue with no cursing or insulting remarks, this is the way it's suppose to be. It would help to remember in the future to keep this forum civil and respectful!!
I don't remember insulting anyone in this thread. like I said, Matt is a good guy and I didn't accuse him of making up stories. The problem here is that disputes with vendors should be dealt with privately by the people involved. If a member wants to air his grievances pubically on the org, that's ok as long as the members are constructive and helpful, not hateful and viscous. How about putting your heads together and sending respectful emails to vendors telling them of any concerns about their behavior (negative or positive) toward our members or about their products(good or bad). I have talked to many of our vendors and they do read this forum. For the most part they are amazed at the way they or their products are trashed on the forum. You can't treat them this way and expect them to care about us or our cars.
A committee should be formed to communicate with vendors about any gripes the members have. The aftermarket for our cars is weak and we don't want to jeopardize any relationships over matters that should be handled properly!!
Old 11-03-2002 | 10:00 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: Re: Re: Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

I have talked to many of our vendors and they do read this forum. For the most part they are amazed at the way they or their products are trashed on the forum. You can't treat them this way and expect them to care about us or our cars.

well if these vendors would have good customer service or actually have a product that is fuctional (no defects) or not have to "rig" their product to work properly. i am sure peoplw would not talk trash about it

A committee should be formed to communicate with vendors about any gripes the members have. The aftermarket for our cars is weak and we don't want to jeopardize any relationships over matters that should be handled properly!!
a committee? bbwhahaha are you going to pay me to be a mediator?
Old 11-03-2002 | 10:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Jim Wolf Technology Flames!

Ok guys, finally we have a dialogue with no cursing or insulting remarks, this is the way it's suppose to be. It would help to remember in the future to keep this forum civil and respectful!!
I don't remember insulting anyone in this thread. like I said, Matt is a good guy and I didn't accuse him of making up stories. The problem here is that disputes with vendors should be dealt with privately by the people involved. If a member wants to air his grievances pubically on the org, that's ok as long as the members are constructive and helpful, not hateful and viscous. How about putting your heads together and sending respectful emails to vendors telling them of any concerns about their behavior (negative or positive) toward our members or about their products(good or bad). I have talked to many of our vendors and they do read this forum. For the most part they are amazed at the way they or their products are trashed on the forum. You can't treat them this way and expect them to care about us or our cars.
I think this is guy is a joke. Vendors are rated based on personal experience with their customers all over the internet just like sellers on ebay auctions etc... If a person has a good experience we will hear about it and if he has a bad one we should know about it. This is a public club and its members should help one another avoid vendors who don't care about their customers or their cars. A committee should be forumed to communicate with vendors?? How about I rent a little shack for you in my backyard connected with a phoneline where you can sit 12 hours a day so people can call you if they have vendor problems. Are we all losing our heads here what happened to common sense.
Old 11-03-2002 | 10:14 AM

I found this ridiculous and insulting. Jim and Clark are known world wide as premier Nissan tuners.
Hmm...let's see, the stock ECU made way more power and performed much better than the one Jim and Clark tuned. I've seen the dyno graphs. Then they try to make excuses as to why.

In this case.....premier Nissan tuners my a$$.
Old 11-03-2002 | 12:17 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

id like to thank everyone for backin me up supporting me, even tho some of you i only know over the net its koo to stick up for others.

When i posted my orginal experince, thats what happened to us, if others have had a postive experince thats good. I never tried to persuade people like saying "oh dont buy from JWT because they did this and that to us"
Old 11-03-2002 | 12:29 PM
Ford Only.

I am on Matthel's side, I have met him and talked with him a number of times. He would not just make it up, especially since JWT is so close and the community in Cali is all so close as well. I beleive it did happen!
Old 11-03-2002 | 12:29 PM

Why does maxima.org owe JWT an apology? Someone had a bad experience and posted his thoughts. You weren't there and you don't have to agree with what the poster wrote. Why should any company take a message board seriously?
Old 11-03-2002 | 12:58 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC
You are wrong, a business relies on its customers.
I think GTR means that the main customer base is only a small percentge "Maxima"...JWT is more focused on the 300Z crowd!
Old 11-03-2002 | 01:22 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

I think saying the .org as a whole owes JWT an apology is a crock. Matt doesn't even owe them an apology. He shared his experience and members commented. If JWT didn't like what he/the ".org" had to say then they can come on here and clear things up. If "vendors" read what we say then they sure as hell can come on here and comment.
Old 11-03-2002 | 01:30 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by Chris91SE
I think saying the .org as a whole owes JWT an apology is a crock. Matt doesn't even owe them an apology. He shared his experience and members commented. If JWT didn't like what he/the ".org" had to say then they can come on here and clear things up. If "vendors" read what we say then they sure as hell can come on here and comment.
Here, Here!
Old 11-03-2002 | 01:30 PM

JWT can kiss everybody's a$$!
Old 11-03-2002 | 02:33 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally posted by Turbo95Max Ive spoken to Jim over email concerning this issue. we've worked some things out but i still am dissatisfied with their customer service and how we were treated that day. espically my car!
This is what I want to know, it may not be any concern of mine/ours but if you and Jim have spoken on this issue what has he said? Matthel, I've spent time with you and others at your home on different occasions we've even went to restuarants and I can speak personally about your demeanor. I know I'll sound like a broken record but I believe every word that you posted. Most seems to be asking for a apology from Jim, but honestly would that change anything? It's one of those things that we can forgive but we wont forget. A opology isn't worth crap if it isn't sincere. It's no secret us Max owners are a small percent of the Nissan enthusiates and his high horse may be too high for him to get off to be a man/buisness owner and do the right thing. Regardless, he can't change the past, but he can change the future

Also it's good to know things worked out with the detectives, being at peace with our neighbors can be a chore within itself.
Old 11-03-2002 | 05:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CandiMan
Here is th letter Jim sent to Matt. I have Matt's letter to Jim but I won't publish it without his permission!

>From: 'Jim Wolf' <J IM@jimwolftechnology.com> >To: <Matthelma@hotmaii.com> >Subject: 'JWT experience'
>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:09:56 -0800
>Mafthel,
>The trouble with working with hi performance machinery every day for the >last 30 years, is that it leaves little time to polish a bed side manner .
>1 m sorry if our unedited comments offended you or we in someway caused you >any discomfort while you were here. Please understand that we do not have a >repair department and normally don t take in tuning work. We are a small >company and had closed that part of the business eight years ago to spend >more time on development. Most of our tuning products are sold through Nissan >tuning specialists and we normally provide support directly to the people >who are building the engines or vehicles. Clark spoke with you on the >phone
~ >and determined that it was not possible to work with the person who built >your turbo system. When you said that a dyno sheet showed the car made more >power with a stock ECU, that indicated that something was very wrong with >the engine or control system since you are running a 370cc injector that >would normally flood out with the large pulse widths of the stock program. >You were in the car with us when we tried to run the stock ECU and you >also >heard the engine immediately start detonating as the boost came up. This is >exactly what is expected to occur as the ignition maps are way too advanced >for a turbo running street gas. We spent a lot of time with you and showed >you everything that might be causing your problems as well as some issues >that would improve the overall tune and drivability of your car. We also >gave you suggestions on testing the pressure balance in the exhaust >manifold >as you are using stock manifolds with the turbo hanging on the front >manifold with the wastegate tied into the pipe coming from the rear >Cylinders. We explained the concern that the pressure in the front manifold >is probably higher than the rear because of this very unorthodox layout and >is a likely reason for the low boost detonation and high EGTS. We do a lot >of ECUs for VQ turbos, most also run the same 370cc injector and ECU >program, however dedicated turbo manifolds or headers are used with the >turbo and wastegate as close together as possible to avoid this problem. >With the Horiba A/F meter and Consult running, we went from IO: I to 12:1 >air >fuel ratio and also did a span of ignition timing. More advanced timing >caused the EGTs to drop slightly, but the detonation increased, less timing >and the EGTs went up and the performance went down. When we set the A/F >richer, EGTs went down 50 deg., but power got worse, when we went leaner >the >car started to feel better, but detonation came back as boost came on. >1 know you have a lot of pride in this car as you should, but the things >that we pointed out that need to be tested or fixed were not meant to hurt >or offend you, but are simply part of the process of tuning your Gar. You >seemed to understand what was going on during the testing and you never >expressed to me that you where uncomfortable with us, much less that we >where somehow ripping you off. I m sorry about the suspension on the car, >but when you bring a car to anyone for testing, it should be safe to test. >The suspension was constantly hitting the bump stops and is not safe with a >turbo coming on anywhere but dead straight ahead. I haven t lasted this >long >from spending a lot of time in unsafe cars and was not happy about the test >drive either. If you hadn t traveled from San Francisco, I would have asked >that the suspension be set up off the bump stops before starting the test. >As we had discussed when you where here, if you can finish the changes to >the wastegate location, reroute the c/case breather and the BOV to the >compressor inlet tube, and test the exhaust manifold pressures (both >manifolds), we would be glad to continue working with you until it s right. >1 gave you our license plate frame to be used only after the problems are >solved and the statement I made put this on when it is fast was simply my >way of saying we will help you work through this or we don t deserve a >place >on the car. >Best regards, Jim
Old 11-03-2002 | 06:00 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Thanks for the letter Ron. Looks like Jim Wolf care enough to offer an apology. I hope Matthel can still work with them to resolve his problems. I can tell from his post he felt really disappointed about his first visit but I hope he might have caught them at a bad day. If Jim is sincere about helping him, I'm sure Matthel would take his offer. Let's see what comes out of their next visit.
Old 11-03-2002 | 09:19 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I m sorry about the suspension on the car, >but when you bring a car to anyone for testing, it should be safe to test. >The suspension was constantly hitting the bump stops and is not safe with a >turbo coming on anywhere but dead straight ahead.
This still gives no reason to drive a customer's car like a dumb@$$. If he was concern about Matthel's car, he wouldn've have done it multiple times.

No apology for the hour and half lunch while you're customers were waiting? Don't even attempt to ask if they were interested in going?
Old 11-03-2002 | 10:07 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

This still gives no reason to drive a customer's car like a dumb@$$. If he was concern about Matthel's car, he wouldn've have done it multiple times.

No apology for the hour and half lunch while you're customers were waiting? Don't even attempt to ask if they were interested in going?
Hey Kev,
about the 1 1/2 hour lunch, I know for a fact they take an hour and a half lunch everyday. I have personally waited around their shop a few times while they ate. Surely They are entitled to their own lunch schedule without worrying about their customers. Aren't most businesses that way??
Old 11-03-2002 | 10:15 PM
Ford Only.

I will only forgive JWT if they give me a free ecu and tune my car after I get the turbo installed tell them that for me 130krab

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf Technology Flames!