General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Skidmarks in concrete...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 06:30 AM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by raga55

wait u did a burnout going towards your garage? i dunno that doesnt sound like such a good idea in the first place (correct me if im wrong tho)

Well I guess it really wasnt... but I dunno, everyone that was watching thought it was cool.

I slammed on the brakes when I got into the garage, but there was alot of treat on the tires, so it came off in the garage.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by lcf
Ask your dad what happens to a car when it has a Transmission problem... what does it sound like? Feel like? What does the engine do? Be all curious about it. He'll answer your question and most definitely he will ask you why you're asking him these questions.

Your answer:

I was trying to pull out of the driveway and the car just revved and nothing happened. It felt like it was in neutral or something but it wasn't. Then all of a suddent it went crazy on me while I had my foot on the gas.

Heh.
Hrmmmm.... I've heard this story before........
Old 11-06-2002, 06:46 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

I have used many a lame excuse in my time;

"I'm not used to this clutch." - To explain to a police officer why I did a 25-foot gravel burnout in my dad's AWD Toyota Tercel

"A car pulled out in front of me and i swerved and went up the sidewalk." - To explain why the front suspension of his brand new company car suffered $1800 damage when I tried a handbrake turn on dry concrete. Didn't work at 30, or 40, or 50. At 60 the handbrake made the car turn almost 90deg towards the sidewalk then it hooked up, sending me into the curb at a high rate of speed, hit on front wheel and sent the car tipping sideways to 45deg (one window = sky, other window - concrete, very close) where it paused for about 4 seconds before slamming back down onto all four wheels.

"I'm not used to this clutch." - To explain to my mum why her Renault was now half inside the garage - and the garage door was still closed (technically).

And the grandest deception of them all... I tried to pass a parked car when there was oncoming traffic and not enough room to squeeze through. Dad's car. The passenger side mirror go BOOOOOM. Got home that night and tried to figure out a way to still be alive in the morning. Parked the car out on the street instead of the driveway, with the broken mirror facing traffic. Took some of the broken mirror and sprinkledit down the street about 15 feet, and left the mirror hanging off. Went to bed.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF BED AND EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!!!!" (This was my 8am wakeup call). I staggered out to my ****ed off father who was standing by his wounded car. "My mirror is f*cked up - how did oyu do that?"

I said; "Did you leave the car parked on the road again??? HOW many TIME have I told you to park it on the driveway? You know that guy up the street has got that big truck and drive down here too fast. I always told you you'd lose a mirror to him one of these days."

He replied; "Well... Er... I don't park on the drive because it blocks your mother's car in. And, well... That sonofa***** with the truck!"

"You know you'll never prove it. Get your self a new mirror, then PARK ON THE DRIVE! I'm going back to bed."

(He bought it...)