General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Extra leg room for 5th Gen owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 04:06 PM

Extra leg room for 5th Gen owners

After 2 years of suffering while driving a 5th gen Max (automatic), I've created a gas petal modification that can be added to the car in an hour of so that will provide the driver with 7/8" extra leg room on the gas petal. This relieves the right leg against the console discomfort, and improves the angle of the foot against the pedal. It's great, and none too soon, as I was thinking of trading the car in due to lack of stretch room. The improvement will not interfere with average or shorter drivers and can be undone in 30 min.
Spread the word to tall guys that own or are buying a Maxima or I35. Contact me at robert.granell@snet.net. Before and after photos available for the asking.
Bob
Old 11-07-2002, 05:11 PM

Re: Extra leg room for 5th Gen owners

Originally posted by Bobiam
After 2 years of suffering while driving a 5th gen Max (automatic), I've created a gas petal modification that can be added to the car in an hour of so that will provide the driver with 7/8" extra leg room on the gas petal. This relieves the right leg against the console discomfort, and improves the angle of the foot against the pedal. It's great, and none too soon, as I was thinking of trading the car in due to lack of stretch room. The improvement will not interfere with average or shorter drivers and can be undone in 30 min.
Spread the word to tall guys that own or are buying a Maxima or I35. Contact me at robert.granell@snet.net. Before and after photos available for the asking.
Bob
good job, I'd like to see pictures, is it possible for you to put it up on someone's website?

and now that you've solved the gas pedal problem, solve the problem of the shifter being too far, if you could make the shifter closer to the driver I would personally pay you money for the mod

K