General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

racing and the consequences

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 01:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

racing and the consequences

I don't know how many of you feel this way
About 2 months ago, I didn't even think about what might happen if I'm street racing with someone. All I care about is who is gonna win the race. BUT the more I hear & watch all the stories and the videos the more I feel how dangerous speeding is.
Sometimes when I drive I still forget about all that and drive fast and recklessly. But me (we) really need to slow down and think about all the things that might happen for several seconds of adrenaline rush. Let's be careful and hope nothing will ever happen to us.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:20 AM

Street racing is dangerous, take it to the track
Old 11-14-2002, 04:24 AM
i SeE what you did therE

yeah what he said..
Old 11-14-2002, 06:15 AM

I street race. That's the bottom line. I rationalize it, but I'm sure I'll get flamed.
Jae
Old 11-14-2002, 06:19 AM
Blu
the tits

I do take it to the track but on occasion us NC maxes like to go out on deserted highways and make a few sprinted runs. Racing in traffic is plain stupid but we all have done it. just be careful and know your limits and stay away from civics b/c while they are 8 car lengths behind and you slow down they will continue speeding just to pass you and feel like they win
Old 11-14-2002, 06:21 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by ThurzNite
I street race. That's the bottom line. I rationalize it, but I'm sure I'll get flamed.
Jae
wel lat least your honest about it... and so you do not go at it alone..

I street race as well.. not as much anymore... braincells seem to be getting smarter... but I still do it

I have a feelign this thread will either cleaned up or locked.. depending on reactions maybe deleted
Old 11-14-2002, 06:32 AM

I raced a 328 on the BQE just last night.......dusted his slow a$$
too.

Havne't been able to make it to the track yet although I'm DYING to.

I want my own timeslips already.

But for the record...street racing IS dumb, unsafe, and illegal.

but I'm guilty of doing it from time to time.

Sometimes....I just can't help myself.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:36 AM

The Pike vid was the dumbest thing I've ever took part in. Yeah it was fun and I felt great about how the auto's had proven themselves in highspeeds runs with 5 speeds. There were times when it got scary and I thought about how many people we must have scared that night.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by deezo
The Pike vid was the dumbest thing I've ever took part in. Yeah it was fun and I felt great about how the auto's had proven themselves in highspeeds runs with 5 speeds. There were times when it got scary and I thought about how many people we must have scared that night.
Whats the "Pike vid?"
Old 11-14-2002, 07:33 AM

ahem....
Old 11-14-2002, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by fst96se
ahem....
I know, I know...........
Old 11-14-2002, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by acMAX
I raced a 328 on the BQE just last night.......dusted his slow a$$
too.

Havne't been able to make it to the track yet although I'm DYING to.

I want my own timeslips already.

But for the record...street racing IS dumb, unsafe, and illegal.

but I'm guilty of doing it from time to time.

Sometimes....I just can't help myself.
Ac, come to E-Town on Friday
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....47#post1540947
Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 AM

I hardly street race anymore. That's why I go to the track quite often now. I just wish it was closer and open all year round. Street racing might be fun, but not worth it in the end. You might be lucky now, but sooner or later, your luck might run out. I have done my share of street and highway racing. Although it was fun at the time, after the races sometimes I thought back how dumb it was for me to do it. Not worth it trying to prove yourself to a dumb ricer in an Accord, Civic, or Integra in my case. Who cares if they think their cars are all that. From now on, if someone think they can take me or talk trash to me, I'll invite him to race at the track and maybe put up some money on it too.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 AM
I'm so hood

It's hard to shake. I'm pretty calm with the foot but every once in a while I'll take it up to 60-70 on say...40-45 limit roads, if it's daytime, the road is open, and I can see where people would turn on and whatnot. That's about as exciting as it gets for me, unless it's at the track. I still need to find a helmet for that though.

The highway runs are out for me. I think I got all of those out of my system a while ago. I used to be kind of crazy in highway traffic runs in my integ. At least that thing was nimble, I wouldn't feel safe doing what I did in that car with the Maxima.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by deezo

ok so it was reckless and a little stupid.....

BUT I LOVED THAT VID!

great editing job too.....
Old 11-14-2002, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Burton069

Ac, come to E-Town on Friday
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....47#post1540947
yeah I was talking to RBa the other day and I really want to go
tomorrow but I have to be at my office. I mean..HAVE TO.

Plus I've somehow already used up all 8 of my sick days, both my personal days and almost all of my vacation time (three weeks!)

I've got about 3-4 days left and I have to save them for when I close on my house and other appointments I might have with my realtor and stuff so....it's a no go.

Old 11-14-2002, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I hardly street race anymore. That's why I go to the track quite often now. I just wish it was closer and open all year round. Street racing might be fun, but not worth it in the end. You might be lucky now, but sooner or later, your luck might run out. I have done my share of street and highway racing. Although it was fun at the time, after the races sometimes I thought back how dumb it was for me to do it. Not worth it trying to prove yourself to a dumb ricer in an Accord, Civic, or Integra in my case. Who cares if they think their cars are all that. From now on, if someone think they can take me or talk trash to me, I'll invite him to race at the track and maybe put up some money on it too.
I agree. It's just a b-tch to drive 2 hours in rush hour traffic to go the closest track. If there was a place close to me open all year, and cheap, Id never street race again; But there isn't...
Old 11-14-2002, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by acMAX

yeah I was talking to RBa the other day and I really want to go
tomorrow but I have to be at my office. I mean..HAVE TO.

Plus I've somehow already used up all 8 of my sick days, both my personal days and almost all of my vacation time (three weeks!)

I've got about 3-4 days left and I have to save them for when I close on my house and other appointments I might have with my realtor and stuff so....it's a no go.

Sucks man; this is the last weekend of the season...gotta wait till march
Old 11-14-2002, 05:55 PM

Depends where you street race. i often hit 180-190 on public roads but do so on deserted roads outside of town. I keep below 170 on the interstate though. Only track is an 1/8 mile and can only get my ride up to 112 at 6.8

Moral of story just be cautious and don't endanger anyone but yourself, b/c they didn't choose for you to be dumb-you did.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:24 PM

the whole highspeed thing doesn't impress me at all anymore, and i'm almost too afraid of it to try.. I don't do pointless high-speed such as top out my car or anything...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if a camaroSS , a turbo civicSI, or something else like that pulls up next to me - there is NO HELPING IT.. i've gotta woop up to represent hehe (for example, an old man in his corvette w/ his wife laughed at my car (i guess having an exhaust?) beside me at a redlight..he took off all slow, but boy was he surprised when he finally tried to get on it and leave me, when i pulled right away from him.. )
Old 11-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

street racing is one of those things in which you have a gut instinct that tells you weather or not to race and drive faster than normal. sometimes your right and sometimes your wrong.

i know there have been people on this board who come on here and all day and night about how wrong speeding & street racing is, then hop in their max and as soon as they buck up on someone on the streets they are hauling as$ contradicting what they were just preaching.

i dont hop on the "oh-my-god-someone-just-died-from-street-racing-im-never-street-racing-again" bandwagon. i have done it before and i will do it again. as with anything in life i never try to put anyones life in danger. im firm believer in the fact that you can street race everday for the rest of your life and on that last day you step in front of a bus. people die everyday.

i have called off many a races due to weahter, traffic and just flat out being scared of getting caught. which i have been caught on more than one, two or three occasions. but i still do it.

i respect the fact that org no longer allows street racing topics and videos but i think its phucking cheesy cause if you check everyones computer at home you will find hours and hours of illegal street racing videos.

why cant we talk about what we do on the very site that brought us together? just because we arent allowed to post up about racing doesnt mean its not happeing.

thomas's videos started an epidemic on this board. everyone would look foward to his videos from street racing. that would be the first thing i checked every monday. i think him and loren inspiried the whole 4th gen as a community to take it to that next performance level.

nismo2020
Old 11-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kratz74
Depends where you street race. i often hit 180-190 on public roads but do so on deserted roads outside of town. I keep below 170 on the interstate though. Only track is an 1/8 mile and can only get my ride up to 112 at 6.8

Moral of story just be cautious and don't endanger anyone but yourself, b/c they didn't choose for you to be dumb-you did.
Wow, 180-190??? You're nuts!!!

Just kidding . You crazy canucks and your metric system. HAHAH!!

USA.... USA!!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:18 PM

I don't street race...don't see the point...of course, before i use to go to the nightly street drags...but don't see the point anymore...i guess because now i'm more career oriented(still in college, depresses me everyday)...but i'm glad i don't street race...at least it has saved me a ton of cash...alot of my friends i know that street race have had multiple tickets, licenses suspended and/or revoked....i'm glad i don't street race...
Old 11-14-2002, 09:49 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

try street racing here in california... if you're caught, they impound your car for 30 days (you gotta pay $1000) for that and probably another $150-$1500 additional fine. I learned this all in traffic school... (failure to yield)
Old 11-14-2002, 10:55 PM
living out of a maxima...

street racing, dangerous?

hey someone recently told me that smoking causes cancer. is this true?
Old 11-15-2002, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by ThurzNite
Jae
Perhaps you missed my post on the 5th gen forum a few weeks ago. So here it is again:

As a public service to all street racers, attached is the official checklist:

1. Make out a living will. There's good software available.
2. Keep a set of spare keys on your dresser.
3. Clean out the refrigerator.
4. Leave Post-it notes on all your possessions indicating to whom they go.
5. Write a note to your parents telling them you're sorry.
6. Have your best suit cleaned and pressed.
7. Cancel your magazine subscriptions.
8. Leave the addresses of school alumni publications with someone so he/she can post your death notice. Consider writing it out now.
9. Instruct a friend to let us know on the org so we can all participate in a "He was a nice guy" thread.
10. Watch a beautiful sunset or listen to your favorite music one last time.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Magellan
Perhaps you missed my post on the 5th gen forum a few weeks ago. So here it is again:

As a public service to all street racers, attached is the official checklist:

1. Make out a living will. There's good software available.
2. Keep a set of spare keys on your dresser.
3. Clean out the refrigerator.
4. Leave Post-it notes on all your possessions indicating to whom they go.
5. Write a note to your parents telling them you're sorry.
6. Have your best suit cleaned and pressed.
7. Cancel your magazine subscriptions.
8. Leave the addresses of school alumni publications with someone so he/she can post your death notice. Consider writing it out now.
9. Instruct a friend to let us know on the org so we can all participate in a "He was a nice guy" thread.
10. Watch a beautiful sunset or listen to your favorite music one last time.
What a great post!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:38 PM

Just kidding . You crazy canucks and your metric system. HAHAH!!
No metrics involved. Didn' say I did it in my Max. Was on my Hayabusa. Top speed is somewhere in the 190s but the diff between that and a car is it gets there way faster and can slow down way faster. No way I'd go that fast in a car b/c they're too slow and can' brake good enough.

Check out http://members.aol.com/superkaoss/flsk.html

and click the "NLR Race Turbo Video (server one) 22.1 mb 11/2/02" if you want to see fast...
Old 11-15-2002, 04:49 PM
I need a truck

most times i think of doing something stupid, like going real fast i hold back and then a little ways down hte road i see a cop and i'm proud of myself for not doing it ... now if i can only apply this to school and i'd be all set
Old 11-15-2002, 04:59 PM
dko
duck and cover

anything can be dangerous if you go about it recklessly and in a stupid way.

be considerate of the people that share the road with you even if they are idiots.

if you are on an empty road with one or two other cars, fine, but never above seventy or eighty; that's my motto.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:34 PM

I street race but I do agree it is dangerous but so is getting in your car to go to the store 5 miles down the road. I only street race when there is plenty of room and I am not putting anyone in danger.