General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

FWD Sucks - or does it? VIDEO !

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

It is one of those "after this car is paid off" kind of plans. Plus the car themselves can be grabbed for like 300 bucks in some cases.

SuDZ

yeah i know what u mean so far ive only got about 800 into my Z and thats total. i still need brakes brake lines fuel delivery flywheel clutch tranny and driveshaft
thats about another 1500 bucks but it includes all new bigger brakes which can stop a v8Z from 60-0 at 107 feet and ill be able to annihilate almost anything off of a showroom floor and most modified cars to boot. ive already got people that wanna run including a 400hp turboed corrado, a ceramic ball bearing turbo all wheel drive eclipse, a grand national with cams "header" and a bigger turbo and a v8 powered 500 hp volvo four door sedan (ultimate sleeper& best friend)so we'll see how she fairs
Old 12-03-2002, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by MaxSE98

yeah i know what u mean so far ive only got about 800 into my Z and thats total. i still need brakes brake lines fuel delivery flywheel clutch tranny and driveshaft
thats about another 1500 bucks but it includes all new bigger brakes which can stop a v8Z from 60-0 at 107 feet and ill be able to annihilate almost anything off of a showroom floor and most modified cars to boot. ive already got people that wanna run including a 400hp turboed corrado, a ceramic ball bearing turbo all wheel drive eclipse, a grand national with cams "header" and a bigger turbo and a v8 powered 500 hp volvo four door sedan (ultimate sleeper& best friend)so we'll see how she fairs
Plus due to age you get to get out of emmision testing

Do you have a hard time finding parts?

SuDZ
Old 12-03-2002, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

Plus due to age you get to get out of emmision testing

Do you have a hard time finding parts?

SuDZ
nope not at all since im not the first one to do this its very well documented there are books on it any companies also sell kits. with my car i got almost a whole cars worth of spare parts. i got an energy suspension full bushing kit for 165 off of ebay which has over 40 bushings in it. the only parts that i havent been able to get are the rear struts but only because i dont want to invest in nice suspension till i get everything else sorted out and i decide on my spring rates and sway bar locations. i might even rip out the whole rear suspension in favor of one out of a C4 corvette (all alloy, makes me drool) however buying the mig welder the air tools the power tools to do all the metal work is expensive, but now i can make any sort of exhaust i want for my maxima from the heads to the bumper, i can put in my own subframe connectors if i ever decide to stop being cheap. i really can make almost anything i want. soon im going to upgrade welders to a larger unit so i can do alluminum. once i can do alluminum the skys the limit. intake manifolds for any car, i could carbuerate my maxima if i wanted to. i could weld cracked engine blocks if i desired. i think u get the idea. i actually wanna build a super streamlined street luge with a full roll cage and disk brakes off of a go cart but thats not till im done with my first project. if youve got aim or yahoo messanger shoot me a message at Peej410 its my sn for both.. take care - pete