General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:14 PM

Please help

I was installing aftermarket fogs in my 2001 GXE. I had both fog lights run off of the drivers side side lamps. When I tested the lamps everything seemed to work fine. After I was done I decided to test it on the road, and as I was backing out the driveway, the fogs, side lamps, tail lights, parking lamps, and guage lights all went out. The funny thing is that the blinkers still work if I use the left and right turn switch, but they just don't come on with the head lights. I tried to put everything back the way it was, but that still didn't work. I'm thinking some fuse or relay thing went bad, but I can't find any fuses that are bad, and I'm just confused at this point. Plus I misplaced my Fuse remover , which is really ****ing me off right now. I thinking about going to a Nissan dealer for them to look at it, but that could mean dough which I don't want to spend. Can anyone help? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Please help

Originally posted by Diddy
I was installing aftermarket fogs in my 2001 GXE. I had both fog lights run off of the drivers side side lamps. When I tested the lamps everything seemed to work fine. After I was done I decided to test it on the road, and as I was backing out the driveway, the fogs, side lamps, tail lights, parking lamps, and guage lights all went out. The funny thing is that the blinkers still work if I use the left and right turn switch, but they just don't come on with the head lights. I tried to put everything back the way it was, but that still didn't work. I'm thinking some fuse or relay thing went bad, but I can't find any fuses that are bad, and I'm just confused at this point. Plus I misplaced my Fuse remover , which is really ****ing me off right now. I thinking about going to a Nissan dealer for them to look at it, but that could mean dough which I don't want to spend. Can anyone help? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I would definatly Re-check all fuses under the hood and under the dash. Otherwise..not sure howd you would check relays
Old 11-19-2002, 10:45 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

2 possibilities:

1) you have a short circuit (loose wire got pinched,etc)
or
2) you sourced directly off the parking lights without using a relay and popped the factory fuse?

try the left column bat-7.5A tail light fuse
Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by Chunger
2 possibilities:

1) you have a short circuit (loose wire got pinched,etc)
or
2) you sourced directly off the parking lights without using a relay and popped the factory fuse?

try the left column bat-7.5A tail light fuse

Wow...great info.and damn postin that pic was FAST!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:06 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1

Wow...great info.and damn postin that pic was FAST!
This is an old pic and I just 'reposted' it for someone earlier today... AGAIN.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Chunger

This is an old pic and I just 'reposted' it for someone earlier today... AGAIN.