General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator Installed - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Ramius83

SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator Installed - PICS

Well, after a fun evening, I finally got my SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator installed. I first started by removing the stock FPR, and the stupid bolts stripped (I don't know why they put those bolts on with a phillips head). Anyways, after that, everything went fine and I had to only make one trip to the local auto parts store for some small vacuum line. BTW, I have the idle at around 33ish and the WOT at around 41ish.

Here are some pics:

Click Here For Pics

Old 11-21-2002, 07:39 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Those screws have got to be the worst part. I had to go and buy a special screw removal set from Sears to get mine out... freakin Nissan!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

they are actually pretty easy

if you take off the upper manifold and loosen the fuel rail to angle it up

Originally posted by mtrai760
Those screws have got to be the worst part. I had to go and buy a special screw removal set from Sears to get mine out... freakin Nissan!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:48 PM

Password Required
Maxima Things

The owner of this album has protected it with a private password. If you know the password enter it in the box below. (Remember, this is NOT your member password but a key supplied by the album owner.)

Old 11-21-2002, 07:51 PM
Ramius83

Originally posted by MAXIN
Password Required
Maxima Things

The owner of this album has protected it with a private password. If you know the password enter it in the box below. (Remember, this is NOT your member password but a key supplied by the album owner.)

I fixed the password thing....sorry for that guys.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Ramius83

mtrai760:

I removed the throttle body prior to the installation. I knew that those screws would be a PITA to remove, so I spared myself some hurting fingers and I removed the TB. But even after removing the TB, I could only get the top screw off of the stock FPR. The stupid bottom screw had stripped. So I said "F*ck it" and put a large flat head screwdriver in between the stock FPR and the fuel rail and slowly pried it off. Actually, the bottom part of the bracket on the stock FPR broke (the part that went around the stripped screw), so the whole FPR finally came off. I didn't care that the bracket broke on the stock FPR because I won't be using it again, so I don't care. Then to remove the stripped screw, I just used some vice grips to slowly turn it. All I had to do after that was find a similar screw to replace the stripped one. After this, everything went smoothly....

Old 11-21-2002, 08:17 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Yeah, I tried it at first without pulling the throttle body off, but once I realized how crappy/tight the screws were, I pulled off the TB, but I still ended up stripping them both (I work on military helicopters too! ) so I tried an impact hammer, but I couldn't get that in there... that's when I took the trip to Sears for the screw removers, they were only like $10 or so for a set of 4 different sizes, and it only took me about 3 minutes after taking the TB off again to get them both out...

Originally posted by Ramius83
mtrai760:

I removed the throttle body prior to the installation. I knew that those screws would be a PITA to remove, so I spared myself some hurting fingers and I removed the TB. But even after removing the TB, I could only get the top screw off of the stock FPR. The stupid bottom screw had stripped. So I said "F*ck it" and put a large flat head screwdriver in between the stock FPR and the fuel rail and slowly pried it off. Actually, the bottom part of the bracket on the stock FPR broke (the part that went around the stripped screw), so the whole FPR finally came off. I didn't care that the bracket broke on the stock FPR because I won't be using it again, so I don't care. Then to remove the stripped screw, I just used some vice grips to slowly turn it. All I had to do after that was find a similar screw to replace the stripped one. After this, everything went smoothly....
Old 11-21-2002, 08:47 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Try to adjust your FP up alittle. I think OEM is 34psi at idle and 43 psi at WOT. It looks good. Double check to make sure the throttle rotor is not hitting any fuel hoses. I hope my quick instructions were good enough.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:43 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

For the screwes I just used a drill w/ a screw driver attachment. I took out the intake, TB and battery and was able to get a descent angle at them.

My FP with the stock pump was 34/42 with the SARD. Perfect. However, with the walbro pump in the closest I could get was 35/41. Close enough. I don't think being off that little bit will hurt you any.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ramius, are you N/A? If so, how do you feel the new FPR is working out for you?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Lime
Ramius, are you N/A? If so, how do you feel the new FPR is working out for you?
NOS Equipped with Walbro 255 lph Pump which causes him to run rich NA
Old 11-22-2002, 10:55 AM
Ramius83

Originally posted by SprintMax

NOS Equipped with Walbro 255 lph Pump which causes him to run rich NA
Exactly, also, I am prepping the car for real boost come the end of the winter season......