General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 07:48 PM

messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

i was coming home from work when i see a little coupe ahead of me with big duals...i get a little closer.....its a S2000. of course i wanted to race (who wouldn't right?) so i get up next to him and look over. i rev a little he revs a little and drops a gear and punches it for a 2nd showing a weak display of "power" (im guessing he was making any torque yet cuz his engine was prolly only at like 5k or so ) he slows down a bit and looks over at me and laughs along with his g/f (or wife) and kinda waves me off like im some kind of little fly or insignificant bug on the road of life. this ****ed me off.

i slam into 2nd at 45mph and screech the tires and take off and when i do this he and his girl freak and he swerves a little into the shoulder (LMFAO) and i just take it to 70 or so and go about my way.

all i wanted was a little fun but Noooo he just had to be a cocky bastard.... he prolly would have won too.

Trevor
Old 12-03-2002, 07:52 PM

nice!!

facial expression on honda owner & honda owner's chic must have been priceless!!
Old 12-03-2002, 07:52 PM
I need a truck

Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
i was coming home from work when i see a little coupe ahead of me with big duals...i get a little closer.....its a S2000. of course i wanted to race (who wouldn't right?) so i get up next to him and look over. i rev a little he revs a little and drops a gear and punches it for a 2nd showing a weak display of "power" (im guessing he was making any torque yet cuz his engine was prolly only at like 5k or so ) he slows down a bit and looks over at me and laughs along with his g/f (or wife) and kinda waves me off like im some kind of little fly or insignificant bug on the road of life. this ****ed me off.

i slam into 2nd at 45mph and screech the tires and take off and when i do this he and his girl freak and he swerves a little into the shoulder (LMFAO) and i just take it to 70 or so and go about my way.

all i wanted was a little fun but Noooo he just had to be a cocky bastard.... he prolly would have won too.

Trevor
Old 12-03-2002, 07:59 PM

i always dream of pulling up to an s2000/*insert flashy sports car here* when i have a turbo....just feel like dropping it down, punching it, and watch their eyes open wide....kinda like when someone was telling me a story when they were in someone's turbo max, and a Porsche was messin with em, and when the Porsche punched it, the owner looked back in his rear view mirror frantically looking for them, but to his dismay, they were side by side
Old 12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

Yeah I had some redneck want to race me in his Sunfire
Old 12-03-2002, 08:33 PM

im just glad you scared him liek that. HILARIOUS. max sounds sweet thats why
Old 12-03-2002, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by sil SE
im just glad you scared him liek that. HILARIOUS. max sounds sweet thats why
my car was A LOT louder than his. it even looked like he had aftermarket exhaust maybe they were just tips...

Trevor
Old 12-03-2002, 09:17 PM

LOL That's great! Sounds like a kill to me!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

my car was A LOT louder than his. it even looked like he had aftermarket exhaust maybe they were just tips...

Trevor
It wasn't that jerky with the yellow S2000 that couldn't break 15.3s@92mph at KCIR was it? I tell ya what, most guys are easy kills in those things because no one knows how to drive it.

Dave
Old 12-03-2002, 09:25 PM

:attention:
i toyed with a WRX on the way home from school today...
i was doin' pretty well until we went from 60mph in 3rd, he immediatly(sp?) put 1.5 lengths on me, i get to about 75/80 and held my ground. it seems that my second gear allows me to pull like 2 lengths (from 40ish to 65/70) where as 75+, we're dead even. this is odd as i've beaten WRXs repeatedly in the past. i guess its that damn low compression. oh well...just as long as it makes it until spring/early summer.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

It wasn't that jerky with the yellow S2000 that couldn't break 15.3s@92mph at KCIR was it? I tell ya what, most guys are easy kills in those things because no one knows how to drive it.

Dave
no, (hahahahha i remember that!) this one was a dark red color. it was actually really nice looking.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:29 PM

Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

he prolly would have won too.
Actually, I kind of doubt it..... Maximas are fairly easy to drive fast with the way their power comes on, hence most people who drive maximas can drive the car pretty close to it's ultimate potential... S2000s on the other hand are rarily driven like they need to be to get all the car has to offer... most owners of them just wont (or cant) drive it as hard as it needs to be driven to make it fast. My guess is you would have taken him, he probably has never shifted it over 7000 rpm
Old 12-03-2002, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Jamsan
i always dream of pulling up to an s2000/*insert flashy sports car here* when i have a turbo....just feel like dropping it down, punching it, and watch their eyes open wide....kinda like when someone was telling me a story when they were in someone's turbo max, and a Porsche was messin with em, and when the Porsche punched it, the owner looked back in his rear view mirror frantically looking for them, but to his dismay, they were side by side
hehe yeah, i love pulling up next to a ws6 or SS or something... they think im a joke and wont even waste their time on me.. i punch it and pull away so fast and they think again.. then they procede to try and race, only to be let down in their cars..

can't beat that feeling
Old 12-03-2002, 09:38 PM

Re: Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

Originally posted by 5.0THIS

Actually, I kind of doubt it..... Maximas are fairly easy to drive fast with the way their power comes on, hence most people who drive maximas can drive the car pretty close to it's ultimate potential... S2000s on the other hand are rarily driven like they need to be to get all the car has to offer... most owners of them just wont (or cant) drive it as hard as it needs to be driven to make it fast. My guess is you would have taken him, he probably has never shifted it over 7000 rpm
i know i would have had a good chance. me and Dave B saw a yellow one at our track a couple weeks ago and it couldn't get better than 15.2-.3s
Old 12-03-2002, 09:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

i know i would have had a good chance. me and Dave B saw a yellow one at our track a couple weeks ago and it couldn't get better than 15.2-.3s
they have the capability of doing much better, but they are mad hard to launch
Old 12-03-2002, 10:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

they have the capability of doing much better, but they are mad hard to launch
Actually, they're not all that hard to launch at all, I think it's simply a matter of dropping the clutch at 8000rpm (to avoid bogging it) that scares most S2000 owners out of doing it
Old 12-04-2002, 12:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....

There are a few Maxima Owner (or Ex-Maxima Owner) whom got S2K.. but they no longer frequent this board???
Old 12-04-2002, 12:54 AM
The Definitive AE Master

most of the honda boys around my school use the "i'm lighter therefore i'm faster" argument. I can't stand hondas who stand by their "vtec" and brag or look down on 4 doors and other cars.

conversation after work tonight:
black 2 dr civic, lowered, stock plastic hub caps, homemade paint job: hey, you got a maxima? my mom has one of those, it's freakin heavy
me: it's decently fast
civic boy: too bad it can't run 15.1 qtr mile like me
me: dang, 15.1? that's pretty fast.. what you got?
civic boy: intake, full exhaust.. what bout u?
me: just an intake
civic boy: just an intake? dude, i've taken down so many of these heavy sedans who think their fast
me: well, i'm off work... why don't we go see how fast your car is?
civic boy: sure, i'll meet you by the tracks
me: k. Just to make a point... i'll bring my other co-workers, just to add some weight
civic boy: whatever man, it's your funeral
me: see you there

Old 12-04-2002, 03:32 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by Larrio

conversation after work tonight:
black 2 dr civic, lowered, stock plastic hub caps, homemade paint job: hey, you got a maxima? my mom has one of those, it's freakin heavy
me: it's decently fast
civic boy: too bad it can't run 15.1 qtr mile like me
me: dang, 15.1? that's pretty fast.. what you got?
civic boy: intake, full exhaust.. what bout u?
me: just an intake
civic boy: just an intake? dude, i've taken down so many of these heavy sedans who think their fast
me: well, i'm off work... why don't we go see how fast your car is?
civic boy: sure, i'll meet you by the tracks
me: k. Just to make a point... i'll bring my other co-workers, just to add some weight
civic boy: whatever man, it's your funeral
me: see you there

"Whaoh dude...do you gots nawz?"
Old 12-04-2002, 04:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaDMaX024
:attention:
i toyed with a WRX on the way home from school today...
i was doin' pretty well until we went from 60mph in 3rd, he immediatly(sp?) put 1.5 lengths on me, i get to about 75/80 and held my ground. it seems that my second gear allows me to pull like 2 lengths (from 40ish to 65/70) where as 75+, we're dead even. this is odd as i've beaten WRXs repeatedly in the past. i guess its that damn low compression. oh well...just as long as it makes it until spring/early summer.
I pulled on WRXs before very hard. The facial expression is priceless. This was from a 2nd gear roll. He still put 1 car length on me but got reeled back in less then 3-4 secs.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:49 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by JAY25

I pulled on WRXs before very hard. The facial expression is priceless. This was from a 2nd gear roll. He still put 1 car length on me but got reeled back in less then 3-4 secs.
YES! The Maxima is God's gift to the automotive world!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:32 AM

I wonder what those S/C 2000's would do? I'm guessing they still won't get any power till 7-8K.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:38 AM

Originally posted by funnylittlman
I wonder what those S/C 2000's would do? I'm guessing they still won't get any power till 7-8K.
nope torqueless wonders......
Old 12-04-2002, 09:37 AM

nope torqueless wonders......
torqueless wonder maybe but a s2000 stock for stock is still faster down the 1/4 mile than a 2k2 and it's not even considered a drag car!! on a roadcourse it will flat out own a maxima and most other cars.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:53 AM
I'm needing a caw

S2000 is car wanting for a track. Very true. But that car is pretty hard to launch from what I read/hear. You either launch it too low and bog, launch it too high and spin the hell out of the tires or maybe once in awhile get it right and get a good time. Pretty narrow power band. Question. How many 8,000 rpm clutch dumps is a S2000 owner willing to do to get any time of good consistent 0-60 / 1/4 times? I mean reving and dumping the clutch that high is so out of the normal relm of what's considered "safe" or logical for a normal car, I doubt even 30% of the S2000 have even tried it once much less practice.

Originally posted by CKNY
torqueless wonder maybe but a s2000 stock for stock is still faster down the 1/4 mile than a 2k2 and it's not even considered a drag car!! on a roadcourse it will flat out own a maxima and most other cars.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
S2000 is car wanting for a track. Very true. But that car is pretty hard to launch from what I read/hear. You either launch it too low and bog, launch it too high and spin the hell out of the tires or maybe once in awhile get it right and get a good time. Pretty narrow power band. Question. How many 8,000 rpm clutch dumps is a S2000 owner willing to do to get any time of good consistent 0-60 / 1/4 times? I mean reving and dumping the clutch that high is so out of the normal relm of what's considered "safe" or logical for a normal car, I doubt even 30% of the S2000 have even tried it once much less practice.

fair enough - but how many times do you run the 1/4 mile? i think if you go to the track once every two weeks (alot in my opinion) the 4 or 5 clutch dumps you do isn't gonna do anything. keep in mind - that is just to MAXIMIZE your times. i have a few friends with s2k's and the car is surprisingly fast driven mildly. again... this is all taking into account that the car is not built for dragging.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm needing a caw

I think the S2000 must be pretty quick also for normal driving also. But IMHO, you can drive a maxima at 70-80% and still get a respectable 1/4 or 0-60 time. But do that in a S2000 and I "think" the times go much lower relative to something like a maxima(205ft lbs torque available much lower in the rpm band). So given that, even though none of us really visit 1/4 tracks that often, this still applies to the many street races that will will have. Especially when the two cars are rolling already. ie.. if the maxima is loping at 2,500 rpm and the S2000 is at maybe 3,300 rpm. What would happen if both decided to punch it right then?

fair enough - but how many times do you run the 1/4 mile? i think if you go to the track once every two weeks (alot in my opinion) the 4 or 5 clutch dumps you do isn't gonna do anything. keep in mind - that is just to MAXIMIZE your times. i have a few friends with s2k's and the car is surprisingly fast driven mildly. again... this is all taking into account that the car is not built for dragging.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:15 AM

show me a s2000 running 13.8 in the 1/4 with an AUTOMATIC and MINOR mods. yeah th s2000 wasn't made for the drag strip.....was the maxima?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I remember C&D or MT doing a test with the S2000 showing the difference between a soft launch (2000rpms) and a hard launch (8000rpms). The hard launch got them lower 14s and the soft launch got them higher 15s The WRX is the same way. A soft 2000rpm launch get you mid 15s and a 5000rpm quick clutch slip gets you lower 14s.

I agree that the S2000 is a worthy a track car, but I couldn't own one. I need some useable torque. I don't want to have to drop 2 gears in order to get strong acceleration.

Dave
Old 12-04-2002, 10:39 AM
I'm needing a caw

show me a s2000 running 13.8 in the 1/4 with an AUTOMATIC and MINOR mods.

Does the S2000 even come w/ an auto tranny?

yeah th s2000 wasn't made for the drag strip.....was the maxima?
Ah what is your point? The "track" I was referring to was a NOT a 1/4 track. And who's auto max was running sub 14's with "minor" mods?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:43 AM
I'm needing a caw

Yeah, it's too bad Americans use the 1/4 and 0-60 as benchmarks but it's how were raised I guess. The S2000 is so much more than these two stats. I haven't driven one yet. I'd like too though. So I couldn't say I would/wouldn't buy one.

Thing is w/ the WRX, once you were rolling, I think you could punch it and get going fairly fast(if the turbo is able to spool fast enough). With the Honda, you have to wait until the VTECH switchover.

Originally posted by Dave B
I remember C&D or MT doing a test with the S2000 showing the difference between a soft launch (2000rpms) and a hard launch (8000rpms). The hard launch got them lower 14s and the soft launch got them higher 15s The WRX is the same way. A soft 2000rpm launch get you mid 15s and a 5000rpm quick clutch slip gets you lower 14s.

I agree that the S2000 is a worthy a track car, but I couldn't own one. I need some useable torque. I don't want to have to drop 2 gears in order to get strong acceleration.

Dave
Old 12-04-2002, 10:52 AM

show me a s2000 running 13.8 in the 1/4 with an AUTOMATIC and MINOR mods. yeah th s2000 wasn't made for the drag strip.....was the maxima?
you know of a maxima running 13.9 with auto and minor mods?
Old 12-04-2002, 12:19 PM

you know of a maxima running 13.9 with auto and minor mods?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=165152&highlight=blubyu2k2

let me say something so you guys know where i stand on this....

CKNY said the s2000 wasn't made for the drag strip...i said neither was the maxima. that was my point.

i agree. the s2000 will RAPE the maxima on a roadcourse and from what i hear it even has awesome brakes. would i like to drive one? hell yeah!

oh yeah... NO i dont think the s2000 comes with an automatic...i was just saying that an N/A auto max got into the 13s with intake, slicks and i've never heard of a s2000 doing that.

don't get all bent out of shape guys

Trevor
Old 12-04-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

Your post was just odd. Didn't even know where you were going w/ it.

CKNY said the s2000 wasn't made for the drag strip...i said neither was the maxima. that was my point.

i agree. the s2000 will RAPE the maxima on a roadcourse and from what i hear it even has awesome brakes. would i like to drive one? hell yeah!

oh yeah... NO i dont think the s2000 comes with an automatic...i was just saying that an N/A auto max got into the 13s with intake, slicks and i've never heard of a s2000 doing that.

Trevor
Old 12-04-2002, 12:45 PM

Your post was just odd. Didn't even know where you were going w/ it.

Old 12-04-2002, 02:49 PM

Trevor
I concur....That comparison is VERY flawed. You really cannot compare times of a car running on street tires vs. slicks.

Again, the S2k wasnt designed for drag racing, nor was the Maxima. The Maxima is better suited for it though because of the available tq. The S2K was purposely built as a track car. Keep the revs up, like you would on a road course and the thing moves.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:53 PM
Sin

Yah S2000's are highly overrated. Last summer, I was merging onto the 401 westbound from the Alan Rd. on ramp. I had plenty of space, and as soon as the clicker went on, the bouncy HID's accelerated. I had no idea what the car was, but I wanted to see what I could do against the, probably bling car. I ripped through second, and as I shifted into third, I took him. He wasn't too happy about this, and started weaving through traffic in an attempt to show me his mad skillz or something. Around the Black Creek area, I saw him again, and I decided to drive up beside him, roll down my window and try to start some ruckus. Before I knew it, he downshifted. Before he was back on the gas full throttle, I had caught up to him in the shifting procedure. As soon as I got back onto full throttle, I started walking on him. It wasn't until about 140km/h that the walking ended. I decided enough was enough, flashed my blinkers and slowed down as he flew by under full throttle.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:11 PM

Yeah, cause it sure as hell wasn't meant to turn! Nissan sold the maxima on HP....we didn't buy it for it's awesome steering wheel or chrome tipped exhaust...
Old 12-04-2002, 05:41 PM

I've raced 2 S2k's with my 2k2 Auto. The first was a friend of a friend. We went to the track. He had a AEM CAI and I only had my Berk WAI. His s2k was a stick. Before the race I hear them snickering, after the race I had several people ask what the hell I had done to my car. I obviously didn't kill him, but I did win by a car length. 2nd was on the street. Guy and his friend were looking at my wife and me and were laughing. I assume it's because I have 1FSTMAX on the plates. He reved so I did the same. Race lasted about a 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile. The entire time I was in the front of him. They weren't laughing at the next light. The best I can describe, it was as if he was thinking of taking his car in for service. Looked like, "I just can't believe that 4 door sedan beat me"! I do think they are one of the best looking convertables out there.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Sin

Originally posted by Virus
I've raced 2 S2k's with my 2k2 Auto. The first was a friend of a friend. We went to the track. He had a AEM CAI and I only had my Berk WAI. His s2k was a stick. Before the race I hear them snickering, after the race I had several people ask what the hell I had done to my car. I obviously didn't kill him, but I did win by a car length. 2nd was on the street. Guy and his friend were looking at my wife and me and were laughing. I assume it's because I have 1FSTMAX on the plates. He reved so I did the same. Race lasted about a 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile. The entire time I was in the front of him. They weren't laughing at the next light. The best I can describe, it was as if he was thinking of taking his car in for service. Looked like, "I just can't believe that 4 door sedan beat me"! I do think they are one of the best looking convertables out there.
Very true. It's a gorgeous looking car, and handles superbly. But in terms of performance it lacks greatly. It gets smoked in SCCA every season. All they need to do now is drop in the new 3.5L V6 in there. That, I would buy.

Quick Reply: messed with a cocky S2000 owner today....