General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

weird race story... and just a plain weird story... hehe

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 08:43 PM

weird race story... and just a plain weird story... hehe

err yeah this one's weird...

so i'm pulling up to a red light when i see a car behind me pulling kinda fast, the light turns green, i take off quickly so the guy doesn't have to slow down too much... well, 20 seconds later, i have to slow down again for another red. he comes to the right lane. I have my gf with me. I look over at her and then see his face looking at me and swearing. why?? I have no clue! So i look at my gf and ask "WTF" then tell her "watch this he's gonna race me. time to smoke him..." she rolls her eyes... hehe. Sure enough on green he guns it, welp i floor first and second and keep pulling. yes i win the very very short race. Funny cause once he passed me by a car length on the initial take off, he instantly put his left flasher on and was getting ready to get in the lane. When i passed him, he never got into that lane. turned off his flasher and stayed in the middle lane.

aight the weird part... it was some dad with his wife and kid in the back... never had that happen before!!! and i have no idea why he was mad at me. I was just driving normally...

car? it was dark out but it looked like a red grand am.

======
Alright the other story... hehe

So i'm on the highway and jump into the right lane. Yes i used my flasher.... I see an older model maxima in front of me. It looked like he wanted to merge but didn't. So i pass and then i see him get behind me. I get to the stop, turn left and stop at the light ahead. on green i takeoff (usually faster than others but not excessive) eventually the road merges to one. he tries to gun it and pass me with no space!!! i'm like wtf, i get ****ed and swerve the car like i'm out of control. be backs up and stays behind. why he decided to pass me? i dunno, there was no space to do that. Then when the road goes to 2 lanes again for a left turn and a right mini merge, he tries to take the left lane and pass me and get in front. Err NO, my VQ will not have this. I was sure he'd pull this crap so i dropped a gear when i was approaching the turn. I gun it and again he can't get in. He was some 40 year old man who kept trying to pass me at times which were nearly impossible. I really have no idea why he was pulling this crap, other than from the initial merge from the highway??? oye, well once i took that last turn, i held 2nd to redline and i was gone.

Anywho, just wanted to tell someone.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:56 PM

err

Cliff notes: Races dad in a grand am. Owns him. Doesn't let an earlier gen Max pass him.

Old 12-08-2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Jamsan
err

Cliff notes: Races dad in a grand am. Owns him. Doesn't let an earlier gen Max pass him.

haha bingo!
Old 12-09-2002, 04:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maybe they were in a hurry, I had this happen to me when I needed to get somewhere I would fly but then some d**k would not let me pass. This only happens when I drive my dads 4 cyl camry, other wise I just blow past people in my car.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

err

Thanks...

Old 12-09-2002, 06:13 AM

Originally posted by MadMax95

Thanks...

That's what im here for
Old 12-09-2002, 06:45 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

IBTL
Old 12-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Many years ago a friend of mine was rushing his four year old daughter to the hospital after she mistakenly drank some Clorox. He said that several people on the way to the hospital thought he was trying to race and wouldn't let him pass.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:49 AM

err