General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Any way to find Nissan list prices on parts and ? on dealer pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 06:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any way to find Nissan list prices on parts and ? on dealer pricing.

I have my H&Rs and KYB AGX shocks, I still need dust boots (I think I am going to go with KYB dustboots frm cattman) and other assorted OEM parts that I want to replace.

Is there any place (preferably online) where I can find Nissans list prices on parts? I would like to know the list price so I know how much of a discount (if any) my local dealer is giving me.

Do most dealers offer the same discount 'across the board' on all OEM parts or do they price everthing individually? If I call my dealer will they be able to tell me they discount x% on all parts?

I am trying to decide if it is worth the hassle and expense of shipping to get these parts from one of the dealers that offers discounts to .org members or if I should just get them locally.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:07 AM
Zog

Re: Any way to find Nissan list prices on parts and ? on dealer pricing.

Originally posted by Anachronism
I have my H&Rs and KYB AGX shocks, I still need dust boots (I think I am going to go with KYB dustboots frm cattman) and other assorted OEM parts that I want to replace.

Is there any place (preferably online) where I can find Nissans list prices on parts? I would like to know the list price so I know how much of a discount (if any) my local dealer is giving me.

Do most dealers offer the same discount 'across the board' on all OEM parts or do they price everthing individually? If I call my dealer will they be able to tell me they discount x% on all parts?

I am trying to decide if it is worth the hassle and expense of shipping to get these parts from one of the dealers that offers discounts to .org members or if I should just get them locally.
The best help i can offer is to contact DaveB here on the org. He works for a nissan dealer and gives great prices to org members. I had a price for one of the side sills on my 2k2 of $400 from my dealer and 275 or so from him. Even w/ shipping i'd be making out like a bandit. His email is daveb@adpub.com. Just let him know you're an org member.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the tip but the suspention parts I need are probably oly going to cost between $100 and 150. If my local dealer gives any kind of discount shipping charges will probably eat up most of the difference between the local price and a discount dealer. If it was one expensive part I would just call for quotes with shipping but since it is about 7 or 8 cheaper parts that would be a PITA.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Don't forget about 5% Mass tax. That should offset some of your shipping cost.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:20 AM

They are offline right now, but this is a good place to look: Car Parts Online. They go back up Jan. 10th. They are convenient because they show the diagram from the parts manual along with the part listing. Never ordered from them, but I use it just for what you want, price compare.

Also Nissan Accessories is good for the extra stuff (floor mats, cig lighter, etc.) Free shipping.