General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

AHH, my car sounds like sh*T!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
Hey Rudy

I looooovee my Greddy
arnaud, i've seen the posts about your audio system. that is awesome. congrats. i might have a few questions for you should i decide to add subwoofers.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by VQdriver
arnaud, i've seen the posts about your audio system. that is awesome. congrats. i might have a few questions for you should i decide to add subwoofers.
Anytime, shoot me an email or catch me on aim (Topdawg196)
Old 01-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Sports Button FTW

HEY DAMMIT! this thread is about me! not you guys

here's a few pics of what i accomplished today and the old muffler which looks like sh*t.

DIRTY MAXIMA, I KNOW!

WHY IS THE PIPE AFTER THE MUFFLER SO LONG? I DONT KNOW. But my b-pipe seems to be like a 2" hole...well all the piping after the muffler...any ideas?
Old 01-12-2003, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by meccanoble
HEY DAMMIT! this thread is about me! not you guys

here's a few pics of what i accomplished today and the old muffler which looks like sh*t.

WHY IS THE PIPE AFTER THE MUFFLER SO LONG? I DONT KNOW. But my b-pipe seems to be like a 2" hole...well all the piping after the muffler...any ideas?
is that a pic of the old resonator or muffler? it doesn't look like the stock one i removed from mine. anyway, your car probably sounds "hollow" or "raspy" huh. that's how mine sounded when i put the courtesy bpipe with the stock muffler. i'm sure you'll get used to it, but if you don't like the sound and want a quick fix, just add a freeflowing muffler like my borla. or you can be brave and try a flowmaster 60 series (it might be quieter than a straight through)since your exhaust isn't stainless. the reality of it is the stock system doesn't sound rich when the restrictive resonator is removed. whatever you do, do not buy a riceboy generic N1 style. i made that mistake before i had the borla. a generic canister muffler is about worst mistake you make on a large naturally aspirated V6. good luck. don't worry almost all maximas in NJ are dirty. this weather is absolutely freezing! i need to pay the carwash.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:19 AM

ok, upon further inspection of your pics i just noticed that that was your old muffler lol..sorry it's 6am now and i'd like to get some sleep hehe. i see that you also made the mistake of adding a riceboy canister just like i did. i can tell you that my borla pro xs muffler will sound 10x better. still very deep, but absorbs enough sound so it's not deafening. if you keep the cat on it will get rid of the raw sounding exhaust crackles if that's what you're complaining of. i happen to like the raw racecar sounding exhaust. basically the stock muffler will be too quiet (and won't sound right unresonated) if you want an aftermarket sound. dude, haven't you read the million other posts i put up since the summer? i'm not putting those posts on for my own good. i learned the hard way lol.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: AHH, my car sounds like sh*T!!!!

Hey 96shogunmax where in Mississippi are you located? I am in Memphis and bought a 99 last week and I am looking for some reliable trustworthy nissan mechanics?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 96shogunmax
[