General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Auto On/Off Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Auto On/Off Headlights

My wife takes our 2000 Maxima in for 30,000 service. One of her comcerns is that the auto headlights no longer function. I get home, the service invoice reads "this car does not have auto headlights---the switch was added with the add-on foglights". I go charging down there waving the window sticker and the owner's manual in the guys face. Get back to you he says. Couple days later he says he checked with Nissan tech and they say "if you have foglamps you do not have auto on/off headlights". Out comes the window sticker again, and my dander. I'll check again says he. In the meantime I fire off a message to Nissan asking for the bottom line. Few days later the dealer guy says they heard from Nissan tech-line and I do have the feature ("If you have foglamps you DO have auto----"). Now the guy says they need to figure out what parts to order etc. and will get back to me about an appointment. Am I nuts or is there something fishy going on here? How much time should the dealer and/or Nissan get before they find out what a miserable SOB I can be? Can any of you guys fill me in on who is nuts here? Any views appreciated.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Auto On/Off Headlights

Originally posted by dirlton
My wife takes our 2000 Maxima in for 30,000 service. One of her comcerns is that the auto headlights no longer function. I get home, the service invoice reads "this car does not have auto headlights---the switch was added with the add-on foglights". I go charging down there waving the window sticker and the owner's manual in the guys face. Get back to you he says. Couple days later he says he checked with Nissan tech and they say "if you have foglamps you do not have auto on/off headlights". Out comes the window sticker again, and my dander. I'll check again says he. In the meantime I fire off a message to Nissan asking for the bottom line. Few days later the dealer guy says they heard from Nissan tech-line and I do have the feature ("If you have foglamps you DO have auto----"). Now the guy says they need to figure out what parts to order etc. and will get back to me about an appointment. Am I nuts or is there something fishy going on here? How much time should the dealer and/or Nissan get before they find out what a miserable SOB I can be? Can any of you guys fill me in on who is nuts here? Any views appreciated.
typical nissan dealer story