General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

my tire has buble?? or my rotor?? help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 04:57 PM
maxima2000

i feel vibrate when the car move slowly, and vibrate when high speed braking..(although it just a little, but still a problem) i brought back to my dealer, they said my rotor has to be cut,(that cuz vibrate when high speed braking), they said the rotor didn't affect vibrate when u accelerate. it could be the tire problem,(they did balance for my tires) they said maybe my tire has buble on it...
i wanna know what is the problem? someone said my bad rotor will make vibrate when u accerlerate or braking, if not, how can i find out my tire has buble on it? the dealer said the tire company may not replace my tire, cuz i had 19k miles already. i need some help, plz

Old 01-05-2001, 07:01 PM

Vibration...

If the rotor is SERIOUSLY warped the brakes will pulsate even when you don't have your foot on the brake. But you say "just a little" so I don't think its that. How about over torqued lug nuts causing a warped wheel AND rotor? But the dealer must have taken the wheel off to look at the brakes right? So you would have noticed a difference afterwards.
Have you tried rotating the tires front to rear? You would feel a difference if it was a tire. Anyhow, the dealer should have spotted a bubble if there is one when they rebalanced the wheels. It would stick out like a sore thumb on the spin balancer.