General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just "killed" a 2k Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 08:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well, the roads are actually becoming decent. Almost all the snow has melted here, and the roads are just a little wet in some spots. On my way home from the store, I saw these two highschool aged guys in a 2k Camaro, all badges were removed, and it had big straight pipes coming out the back. It was a V6 5-spd I later found out. I knew they wanted some, so as I was pulling up to them, I hit the brakes, matched their speed, and then punched it in second. We were going about 45. He follows me through traffic, and we end up side by side at a stoplight...hmmmm...we both start revving, then we start inching up as the cross traffic light turns yellow. Ours turned green, and we were off! Off the line, I had bad wheelspin, so he gained about a car on me, then going through the gears, I gradually made up the distance, and finally when I shifted into 4th, I flew by him at about 110 mph...I was puling hard too! We were racing toward the country and my housing addition, so there were no cars on the road at all in front of us. It was great to get all that aggression out thats been building up by all the crappy road conditions.

BTW- 5litrekiller, sorry for using the word kill, but I did "kill" him!