General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

People with aftermarket side markers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 04:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any worries about them getting stolen? I got my Cuzo sidemarkers installed(btw, it looks tight!)I'm just worry now that stupid punks will steal them. After all, there are only held on by two screws. The potential thief can just use a screwdriver and pry it out. So, my question is there anyway to prevent this? Is there any type of screws or similiar that I can put in to make the sidemarkers more held in place; and yet, I can still take the sidemarkers out to change bulbs? These Cuzo sidemarkers do look very good, not some chessy sidemarkers. They have a Euro look to them.
Old 01-12-2001, 06:58 PM

I used Torx screws and silicone to secure mine..:)

n/m
Old 01-12-2001, 07:13 PM

side markers

Hey SHUMAX where did you get those and what type is it? I was thinking on putting one on my max too.
Old 01-12-2001, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by doug
their are no OEM Side markers
Well, you know in the manual, Nissan listed the lense next to the signal lense as front side marker light. So, I just wanted to make that clear, so nobody would be confused.
Old 01-12-2001, 09:58 PM

Re: I used Torx screws and silicone to secure mine..:)

Originally posted by shumax
n/m

You used silicone? What if you want to change the bulbs? The Cuzo sidemarkers that I have, in order to change the bulbs, you have to take the whole sidemarker out. If not, you risk the bulbs falling out.
Old 01-13-2001, 05:04 AM

markers....

Hey there-
I got them off of Ebay for $18 including Eurolite Hyper bulbs. I didn't silicone the 'bul'b in. I siliconed the bracket that sticks to the fender. I cut the hole, used some rust sealent to keep it from rusting, painted it and the smeared some silicone on the back of the bracket and stuck it in the hole I drilled. Then I secrued it further with some TORX screws. I get access to the bulb you just pop off that plastic cover and the BULB is exposed and pops right out.

Thanks,
SHUMAX

Old 01-13-2001, 11:00 AM

Well, my problem is that with my sidemarkers I have to remove the whole sidemarker to change the bulbs. If I only have to take the cover off to change the bulbs, it would be a much easier task. However, I'm going to use the torx screws like you mentioned. At least I can do that. Thanks for the help. Btw, your sidemarkers look really good. I got to get me one of them Dremel tool you used to make the cut in the fender. It seem like a very handy tool to have around.
Old 01-13-2001, 11:05 AM

cumalot

Yea-
That dremmel is great. I got it off ebay for $20 and the blades cost $7 for 5 of them. You need the special blades that wimetal. When you go to the store they will have some with little teeth and some that look smooth on the cutting edge. Believe it or not, the ones you want are the ones that are smooth as they are reinforced with fiberglass. I couldn't believe they were $7 for 5 but I only used one to make the cut. I would suggest you grid it on some scrap metal first before making the cut to your car. Right out of the box they are a bit flimsy and once I made the first cut, the second one was more controlled.

If you want a set like I got I can give you the info. on where I got them. I think I would go for those since you can pop the cover off and replace the bulbs so easily?!?!

SHUMAX

Old 01-13-2001, 11:11 AM

It's alright, I think I'll stick with my Cuzo sidemarkers. Sure, you can't just replace the bulbs by taking off the cover, but one good thing about it, it looks tight as hell!

Thanks for the Dremmel tip. I'm going out to buy one later. It's amazing all the things that little tool can do.