General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SCC Tonado results... does it work? ATTN: nismolee

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001 | 08:37 AM
The missing moderator

Heh... in short, not worth $65.

The short version is this:

From Aug 1999 SCC magazine:

Two cars, a carburated RX7 and a 94 GSR. Two different dyno, old school clayton, and dyno jet.

Results on clayton is worthless... in one occation, two runs back to back yielded 40 hp difference! The way the old school clayton works allows WAY too many things to go wrong.

Dyno jet, in on area, there was a .65hp gain but there were areas of power lose. .65hp is WELL with in the margine of error for a dyno jet.

As for mpg... inconclusive... maybe a 4.8% gain on a miata. Inconclusive because there was too little datapoints.

Read the article to understand yourself.

Personally, it's just another piece of metal, with maybe good marketing.

<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1408257&a=10996263&p=38238075&Sequence=0&re s=high">Page 1</a>

<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1408257&a=10996263&p=38238072&Sequence=0&re s=high">Page 2</a>

<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1408257&a=10996263&p=38238070&Sequence=0&re s=high">Page 3</a>

<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1408257&a=10996263&p=38238064&Sequence=0&re s=high>Page 4</a>

<a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1408257&a=10996263&p=38238059&Sequence=0&re s=high">Page 5</a>

-Shing
Old 01-16-2001 | 08:57 AM
I'm needing a caw

That's what great about this board. ******** mods don't fly to far here. *cough* 0-35 hp gain *cough* notice the "ZERO" part?? LOL.

I can sell a banana and guarantee "0-10000 hp" and be legal.
Old 01-16-2001 | 12:08 PM

bet you feel like a DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sux to be you !!

muwhahhaha ... its ok can happen to anyone oh nismolee.... if anyone tells you that you can save $$$ on a turbo by buying a LeafBlower and stickin it into the intake because its the same principle and it works fine ...... do yourself a favor

DONT LISTEN TO THEM

Stupidity is a disease .. fight it
Old 01-16-2001 | 12:22 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

out of EVERYONE on this ENTIRE BBS you should be one of the last ones to talk. how about that GTR badge?? does it make your car feel faster? do any donuts lately?? oh and in your case it's not donuts it's more like traction loss/crappy stock tires on (back then) stock suspension.
yeah the guy is new to the scene. no need what so ever to call someone a "DIKE??" u can't even spell right u moron! u don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
how many times do i have to answer your stupid **** questions on AIM because "your friend" can't figure out where the 12+ is inside the car!?!?!? yeah if u want to run a leaf blower in your engine...i'm sure that will work. leaf blower blows air over 100MPH..u don't think 100MPH air into your engine won't give u any additional power?? it's not going to work because of voltage and fitting..blah blah blah.
if stupidity is a disease then it's too late for you neel.

Originally posted by Stillnmax

Sux to be you !!

muwhahhaha ... its ok can happen to anyone oh nismolee.... if anyone tells you that you can save $$$ on a turbo by buying a LeafBlower and stickin it into the intake because its the same principle and it works fine ...... do yourself a favor

DONT LISTEN TO THEM

Old 01-16-2001 | 12:32 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Shing, instead of $65 this post has turned into

$20!
Old 01-16-2001 | 12:34 PM
I'm needing a caw

Haha! Dan. Your too much. A flame post within a flame post?

What's with the lesbian cracks here? hehe.

Originally posted by DanNY
out of EVERYONE on this ENTIRE BBS you should be one of the last ones to talk. how about that GTR badge?? does it make your car feel faster? do any donuts lately?? oh and in your case it's not donuts it's more like traction loss/crappy stock tires on (back then) stock suspension.
yeah the guy is new to the scene. no need what so ever to call someone a "DIKE??" u can't even spell right u moron! u don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
how many times do i have to answer your stupid **** questions on AIM because "your friend" can't figure out where the 12+ is inside the car!?!?!? yeah if u want to run a leaf blower in your engine...i'm sure that will work. leaf blower blows air over 100MPH..u don't think 100MPH air into your engine won't give u any additional power?? it's not going to work because of voltage and fitting..blah blah blah.
if stupidity is a disease then it's too late for you neel.

Sux to be you !!

DONT LISTEN TO THEM

Old 01-16-2001 | 12:44 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Jeff...i don't think i was out of line in doing that. but like i said...if you have something not nice to say then don't say it. there's no need for that here.
Old 01-16-2001 | 12:46 PM
I'm needing a caw

Don't get me wrong Dan. I'm not saying it was wrong, just funny as hell!

Jeff...i don't think i was out of line in doing that. but like i said...if you have something not nice to say then don't say it. there's no need for that here.
Old 01-16-2001 | 01:00 PM
Ramon

Doesn't the GTR badge give about as much HP as a Type R or TRD sticker?

-Ramon
Old 01-16-2001 | 01:01 PM

FYI - when i said DIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE i was spelling phrenetically you know kinda like when i say Bee-yotch... anywho electric questions are diff than posting about a BS intake. And rather than have my friend waste his time posting on the bbs i figured hell let me ask Dan since he knows his ****.....

And you missed one hell of a donut at the Danbury mall the tracks are still there from the first meet.... you know the one where we were accosted by the cops.

You know how you feel about my GTR badge danny.. GTR should stay on a Skyline...

well i feel the same way about your rims ....
4th Gen rims should Stay on a 4th gen.

Old 01-16-2001 | 01:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Ramon
Doesn't the GTR badge give about as much HP as a Type R or TRD sticker?

-Ramon
mine does or was it the s/c and other mods?? my theory if you have the power to back it up go for it.

forgot my new improved custom-max approved sig

[Edited by Phil96SE on 01-16-2001 at 03:07 PM]
Old 01-16-2001 | 02:09 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

hmmm yeah your right. my fault for trying to get cheaper 16 inch rims to improve handling. since i live in one of the highest auto theft rate in NY.
also i'm sure i can drop $2500 for 17 inch rims on a 10 yr old car that's worth more than the car. and no i'm not going to get heavy cheap *** rims because they "look good"....i'm willing to accept donations.
sorry my mommy and daddy don't pay my bills and they don't pay for parts on my car...so please excuse the cheap *** looking 4th gen 16" SE rims because i can't afford to buy tuner rims on my 3rd gen car.

now to let the real mud slinging begin...
what mods do u actually have on your car? so i don't do the ALL SHOW NO GO deal like you do on your POS car...w/ the corner light u duct taped back on because your fat **** sat on the corner lense...(oh yeah that was fixed) do u even have a real exhaust?
you were at E-town..what do u run?? please i want to know? do u really think you drive a fast car?
you wanted to start this sheeeit???? and guess what i'm going to finish it. you can say anything u want and talk whatever trash you want and in the end your still and dumb **** fluck that don't know a damn thing about cars. i see you ask me the dumbest questions on AIM...do me a favor and don't do that...don't waste my time.
oh and that weak **** so call donut at the mall...bro i can do better in mikey's razor scooter. that's not a burnout/donut..it's call tires screeching due to LOST OF TRACTION. yeah i can break traction on my car too..it's not too hard to do..but u see me trying to show off to a few guys that know what u have under the hood already? we know what engine u run...we seen the dyno sheets...we know what tranny you got and what log stock (now upgraded due to DavidL7 parts) suspension you run. i wish you can see the car lean and almost flip over...because the car tilted so much that i could've changed your struts while it was on the car. do me a favor...give the new guys a break..that's all i'm asking. i don't think that's a unfair request. sure u know how much BS i see on the BBS??? and i've been caught in it a few time...but there's no need to directly call someone name because the guy was trying. so he'll learn....shing provided all the proof...we all tell him no...but if the guy wants the part..then let him do it. if he feels 1 more HP then it's good for him. so my whole point is that if u don't have something nice to say then don't say it. arseholes like you is what kills it for the BBS.
thanks for reading.
P.S. we don't speak ebonics here..so spell right.
P.P.S. i had to change the spelling of the ::ahem:: curse words to they don't get the *****..sorry

FYI - when i said DIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE i was spelling phrenetically you know kinda like when i say Bee-yotch... anywho electric questions are diff than posting about a BS intake. And rather than have my friend waste his time posting on the bbs i figured hell let me ask Dan since he knows his ****.....

And you missed one hell of a donut at the Danbury mall the tracks are still there from the first meet.... you know the one where we were accosted by the cops.

You know how you feel about my GTR badge danny.. GTR should stay on a Skyline...

well i feel the same way about your rims ....
4th Gen rims should Stay on a 4th gen.

Old 01-16-2001 | 02:42 PM
STFU n00b!

Children, Children..

both of you shaddup, shake hands, kiss butts, or whatever necessary to stop the BS from being seen on the board. it's making the whole group look like children. a simple correction was enough, but outright name calling is inexcusable.
I think we need to create a flamer's board somewhere away from this site so we don't look like idiots.
Old 01-16-2001 | 04:12 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

yeah yeah yeah...u want to get in on the flame?? enh enh??? bring it!

Originally posted by Matt93GXE
Children, Children..

both of you shaddup, shake hands, kiss butts, or whatever necessary to stop the BS from being seen on the board. it's making the whole group look like children. a simple correction was enough, but outright name calling is inexcusable.
I think we need to create a flamer's board somewhere away from this site so we don't look like idiots.
Old 01-16-2001 | 04:42 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

phrenetically ???

WTF is that??

You mean P-H-O-N-E-T-I-C-A-L-L-Y

Just thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and be a **** like everyone else...
Old 01-16-2001 | 06:21 PM

nah .. i bout this POS Maxima ... trying to convince the rents to buy me an M3 right now .. ill let you know how it goes.

and yes i got the idea of your post....
but, you would think that he would know better about such a doodoo intake.

Now its been beatin to death.
Old 01-16-2001 | 07:05 PM
The missing moderator

I really hate to rain on the parade here... but I think I meant for this thread to be informational about the Tornado.

-shing
Old 01-16-2001 | 07:46 PM

yup thats why i stopped ...

Old 01-16-2001 | 08:02 PM

Attn: Max guys

Alright, Thanks Danny for clarifying things up. I'm not going to talk about something like the tornado stuff anymore. I just thought that people would like to try it. If not, no harm is done. I use one in my car, and its not bad. I dont see any loss in MPG, if i did, then i would have returned it. And That guy who calls everyone names, i dont know what to say. I dont talk trash, dont have time for it. I rather be working on my maxima like always.Like today, i put new windshield wipers and changed the oil.Danny, like the GTR badge! Its sweet, and i put one on my trunk. Shingles, no hard feelings. Lets talk about other stuff now. Danny you got me curious about that other guy. Does he have any mods on his car? lol
Old 01-16-2001 | 08:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Attn: Max guys

Originally posted by nizmolee
Alright, Thanks Danny for clarifying things up. I'm not going to talk about something like the tornado stuff anymore. I just thought that people would like to try it. If not, no harm is done. I use one in my car, and its not bad. I dont see any loss in MPG, if i did, then i would have returned it. And That guy who calls everyone names, i dont know what to say. I dont talk trash, dont have time for it. I rather be working on my maxima like always.Like today, i put new windshield wipers and changed the oil.Danny, like the GTR badge! Its sweet, and i put one on my trunk. Shingles, no hard feelings. Lets talk about other stuff now. Danny you got me curious about that other guy. Does he have any mods on his car? lol
so did u feel a gain in hp when u put the GTR badge on? was it more or less then the z3 gills? just curious.. or was the tornado the most effective
Old 01-16-2001 | 08:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

So did you see any gains or MPG improvements.....

since you have the Tornado on your car?? couldn't you tell us a little more about it??

I just thought that people would like to try it. If not, no harm is done. I use one in my car, and its not bad. I dont see any loss in MPG, if i did, then i would have returned it.
Old 01-16-2001 | 09:31 PM

me i have no mods other than what i bought off of daves car... dan the donut im talkin about you didnt see....

Ive taken my mods off of my car, until i get some more miles on it.

I have no real mods so please dont race me.
Old 01-17-2001 | 07:04 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

then what are u doing at E-town?? wasting gas?
if i didn't see the donut then it didn't happen...show me a picture..or a video. i can say i run 200mph..but no one will believe it until they see it.

me i have no mods other than what i bought off of daves car... dan the donut im talkin about you didnt see....

Ive taken my mods off of my car, until i get some more miles on it.

I have no real mods so please dont race me.
Old 01-17-2001 | 09:32 AM

every is family again at maxima.org

Alright everyone is cool again. Max asked about the GTR badge? Yea! its cool, it attracts attention to the car. My friend has one for his fixed up mx3. Not bad. For the tornado air thing, its a piece of metal that goes in the air intake. I thought it was crap when i first put it in, then i tried it out for 3 weeks. Saw a little bit of gain. Sometimes i wonder if it works. maybe its just the hype of adding stuff to your car and stuff. The more junk the better. lol But if you want to try it then I'll get it for you at a lesser price like mike who emailed me about it.Post it here, when you got time and tell me what you think about the products. If its bad, then you'll just get reinbursted for the price. I dunno, some peeps say it works and some say it dont. Like the Z3 gills, thanx! Still working on other mods.. dang, I love my new windshield wipers! lol
Old 01-17-2001 | 12:23 PM

you could ask the people that did see it .. delio greg or nick .... but enough ...

nismolee did the Tornado thing make your car louder in any way shape or form ?
Old 01-17-2001 | 01:03 PM

Re: every is family again at maxima.org

Alright everyone is cool again. Max asked about the GTR badge? Yea! its cool, it attracts attention to the car. My friend has one for his fixed up mx3. Not bad. For the tornado air thing, its a piece of metal that goes in the air intake. I thought it was crap when i first put it in, then i tried it out for 3 weeks. Saw a little bit of gain. Sometimes i wonder if it works. maybe its just the hype of adding stuff to your car and stuff. The more junk the better. lol But if you want to try it then I'll get it for you at a lesser price like mike who emailed me about it.Post it here, when you got time and tell me what you think about the products. If its bad, then you'll just get reinbursted for the price. I dunno, some peeps say it works and some say it dont. Like the Z3 gills, thanx! Still working on other mods.. dang, I love my new windshield wipers! lol
You've gone from "it really works" to "sometimes i wonder if it works", what gives? And what happened to the 2-3 HP difference you said you got? Was that a dyno, or do you really think you are capable of noticing a 2-3 HP difference?

Let's get real here...
Old 01-17-2001 | 02:46 PM

Maybe you shouldnt be talking either then.

Old 01-17-2001 | 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Synki
Maybe you shouldnt be talking either then.

Neel, you didnt do any donuts. The only donuts you be doing are eatting it when you have the munchies... hehe.

Old 01-18-2001 | 04:49 PM

Attn: Da MAX

I noticed that i increase milage. 30 miles per tank. I didnt notice more noise. You can hear a little whisper of air as it goes throught the intake piping at mid trottle level.