General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I'm losing interest in my Maxima =(

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 02:16 PM

I'm losing interest in my Maxima =(

I dunno what it is but first it was my friend's 93 rx-7 and of course i got jealous of that. Then it was my friend's G35 coupe, and then it was my other friends 300zx TT. I feel like I need to get out of the sedan category or something. I still love my Maxima it's just that I feel down everytime i see their cars. What do you guys think?
Old 04-13-2003, 02:19 PM

I feel the same way. don't get me wrong I still love my maxima but with all new affordable sports cars coming out, its awefully tempting. I'm looking to get a 350Z at the end of this year.

if your young, got a stable job, go for the sports car.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: I'm losing interest in my Maxima =(

Originally posted by 1NICEMAX
Then it was my friend's G35 coupe,

What do you guys think?
I'd be jealous of that coupe big time! Thats a hot car.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dont forget there will always be a better badder car than what your driving. I sometimes find myself not appreciating my 5th gen because I cant stop drooling over the 350 and g35.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ChillWill2000
Dont forget there will always be a better badder car than what your driving. I sometimes find myself not appreciating my 5th gen because I cant stop drooling over the 350 and g35.

Once you have the G35 and one of your friends buys a 500SL.. you get the picture. There's always bigger and badder, but you have to remember the price factor. Compare those other cars to yours - I don't think you can modify a 4th Gen to the price of a G35, and if you could it would be better in almost every aspect.
-Cyrus
Old 04-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

After i smashed up and wrote of my 2k2.. I was 1 inch from picking up a G35 as my replacement car after my insurance paid out the 2k2..

My best friend has the G35coupe.. But you know after picking up my 2k3, i thought i might have my regrets. I actually don't... Because for the amount of money I spend on my Max, i couldn't justify the $13,000CDN difference between my 2k3 (close out deal) maxima vs the G35 sedan.. and the $17,000 CDN difference with the COUPE>.

Besides, in a few years after my maxima dies, i think i would rather get a more expensive car, like a BMW or something... But no i have no regrets... My other friend is picking up a 350Z as well.

Nah, i don't get jealous, because i know i got the better deal...and my car is just as fast if not faster (Unless i take the corners)

ED
Old 04-13-2003, 03:28 PM

Re: Re: I'm losing interest in my Maxima =(

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

I'd be jealous of that coupe big time! Thats a hot car.
oh btw, he's only 17 haha
Old 04-13-2003, 03:33 PM

My car feels incredibly slow compared to my cousins, One has a TT 95 supra, disgusingly fast, his brother 13 second 1999 S4
My other cousin 10 second Eclipse GSX Track Car and his brother, he goes by the "THEMAX95" on this site has a 96 5spd Maxima, and my other cousin has a 12 second 1990 GVR4, go to broadwayperformance.com then to shop cars to see the GVR4 and GSX!

SICK! and on top of that my transmission just gives out!
Old 04-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

dont let that make you lose interest in your Max

if you can afford a nicer car and it makes sense to ya go for it

my friends drive Brabus Benz's Ferraris.. a handful of M3s... S4s you get the picture... but my Max still gets props... ehehe even if I barely drive it anymore
Old 04-13-2003, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by seven
I feel the same way. don't get me wrong I still love my maxima but with all new affordable sports cars coming out, its awefully tempting. I'm looking to get a 350Z at the end of this year.

if your young, got a stable job, go for the sports car.
I get the feeling a lot of you fellas are 18-25, so I don't blame you for being bored having a 4-dr sedan. it's a shame you didn't just get the coupe first because too much $$$ is wasted by changing cars when you are so young. Hey, when your folks got the big bucks it sure makes life much easier and full of choices.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:13 PM

my friend has a 2003 s600, that makes any car feel like ****
Old 04-13-2003, 06:17 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Man you guys sure have 'well off' friends...
Old 04-13-2003, 07:08 PM

good point.. theres always a faster car than yours..But look at it this way, whether your out in cali or ddown the beaches in miami, you'll see expensive porshes , ferraries. corvettes, hummers and everything else all over the place. I dunno about you guys, but how often do you really see a hooked up maxima. The point is... you see those other cars everywhere, but when peeps see a max all decked out, I think your car will turn quite a few heads. remember you car is also a sport sedan, and not a race car.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by James92SE
Man you guys sure have 'well off' friends...

well... not all my friends some of my friends drive GSRs and Civics
Old 04-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Handsome

Go race a civic that will make you feel better.

No really this will make you feel better (right click and save as)

http://3kgt.bowtiecrawler.com/vids/turbodreams3.mpg

OK, OK so now your really frustrated, I was the same way after watching things like this, I have a million of these vids and drool everytime I watch them. I am one semester away from my graduate degree so I still have no money but I just can't sleep at night because I want a really hot car that is crazy fast

I was first thinking boost for the max but I have 25,000 miles left on the warranty and I want to keep that warranty, so then I thought nitrous because I could take it on and off with realitive ease, but boost and a new sportier car that would get looks kept calling.

So I started looking at other affordable cars that are fast and easy to modify. The cheapest is a neon SRT-4 it is fast, but who wants to drive a neon and front wheel drive will get you owned off the light. So I thought WRX, better name but still ugly and on the highway a stock 3.5 altima would show you its taillights, all wheel drive is fast off the line but after that it hurts you real bad, I even have a video of a mildy modified RSX that runs 14 second 1/4's showing it's tailights to a new evo VIII a couple of times on the highway.

Then it came to me, a vehicle that will get as much if not more looks than any hot exotic, is a beast on the highway or off the line, and costs as much as a very used maxima. Yamaha R6, I had been riding motorcross all the way up until school and am very familiar with bikes, an R6 will do a mid 10 second 1/4 mile, they are an attention magnet, and you can pick a used one up for about 6,000. This is the route I am going to go and the best part is that I can still keep my max because it is my first love, and I will be able to save miles on her when I just want to go out and drive.

Now I watch video's like this that are just plain crazy, any of these would make your friends jealous if that is your goal

http://www.carboneis.net/vids/SAVAGE%20Cycles.WMV
Old 04-13-2003, 11:35 PM

Yes, I'm planning on getting my Motorcycle license this summer.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Handsome

Originally posted by 1NICEMAX
Yes, I'm planning on getting my Motorcycle license this summer.

What kind of bike are you going to get, were you able to see the video's I posted in the previous reply?
Old 04-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally posted by Street Reeper

So I started looking at other affordable cars that are fast and easy to modify. The cheapest is a neon SRT-4 it is fast, but who wants to drive a neon and front wheel drive will get you owned off the light. So I thought WRX, better name but still ugly and on the highway a stock 3.5 altima would show you its taillights, all wheel drive is fast off the line but after that it hurts you real bad, I even have a video of a mildy modified RSX that runs 14 second 1/4's showing it's tailights to a new evo VIII a couple of times on the highway.

What about the new 300hp WRX STi? That's supposed to smoke the new evo.

A friend of mine got hit by a bus (in his car), and got a massive settlement. The next day, he stopped by my job with a brand new 2003 lexus IS 300. I wanted to cry, but i was too busy drooling. Then he went out and put a $10k system in it. He just moved down to FL and is thinking about buying a 350Z.

The moral of the story? School and working hard mean ****. Get yourself hit by a bus and you're set for life.

seriously though, i drooled for a little while. I was jealous for a long time too. But, then i realized that even though he had all this cash, it didn't mean ****. He was wating it on BS, and gettting gypped everywhere. The system he had cost him $10,000, but it would've only cost me 5, 6 at the most. It didn't sound that good anyway. He went around looking for turbo kits and **** to make it performa better, and instead of shopping around, he paid the first price they quoted him. So i look at it this way: Sure, he may have gotten a sh1toad of money, but it'll be gone in 2 years because he's stupid. And the lexus and Z will be in the front yard, with for sale signs on them. And i'll laugh my *** off.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Street Reeper

What kind of bike are you going to get, were you able to see the video's I posted in the previous reply?
dunno much about bikes but since i'm gonna be a beginner i'm looking into something decent or less.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by fearthegecko

The moral of the story? School and working hard mean ****. Get yourself hit by a bus and you're set for life.

I think I'll stay in school
Old 04-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally posted by seven

I think I'll stay in school
fine, have it your way. I'm going to get hit by a bus........
Old 04-16-2003, 08:21 AM

So why dont you just go get a project car...
Old 04-16-2003, 09:13 AM

I think the maxima is a great car,
Sure there are better cars out there but the max has the best of both worlds.
It’s cheap enough so you’re not working your whole life to pay it off.
It’s fast and sporty enough so that it keeps my interest.
It’s big enough so that I cat fit more people comfortably don't have to squeeze into a small car (I’m pretty tall 6'4'')
Old 04-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Handsome

Originally posted by Pizatt
So why dont you just go get a project car...

That's what I was going to do but in the end it came down to money. My goal is to have a wicked fast vehicle off the line and on the highway as well as one that looked good. The options are limited for the looks catagory and the upgrades are expensive.

So when it came down to it only one answer made sense if I wanted a second vehicle totally dedicated to speed that would not kill my pocket book, was cheap on insurance and looked d@mn good. Here it is racing a 2001 supercharged cobra, tell me another project that could do this against a SC cobra for the same money

http://www.dijital-underground.com/~...amaha%20R6.WMV