General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Touch Up Paint Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 08:25 PM

Touch Up Paint Question

I am about to order some touch up paint for my bumper from paint scratch.com My question is has anyone used the spray can tri coat paint and spray can clear coat before. I want to know is there a problem with the paint dripping or running. Is the quality of the paint good.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Originally posted by my2ndmax
I am about to order some touch up paint for my bumper from paint scratch.com My question is has anyone used the spray can tri coat paint and spray can clear coat before. I want to know is there a problem with the paint dripping or running. Is the quality of the paint good.
I use this paint and love it. You want to make sure you don't try to apply heavy coats all at once. Just continue to spray and let dry between coats (supposedly 15 minutes).

The weather must be dry and warm (around 50 to 75 degrees, no humidity and no wind). Humidity will cause bubbling and the orange peel look.

I'm about to spray my whole trunk when they send me my next order.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:08 PM

Re: Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Thanks. I just ordered it I cant wait to finally have my car looking good again. This bumper ****es me off. You said your going to spray you entire trunk you is your trunk messed up or do you just want to make the paint look fresh again. just curious
Old 04-15-2003, 09:09 PM

Re: Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Originally posted by deezo
I use this paint and love it. You want to make sure you don't try to apply heavy coats all at once. Just continue to spray and let dry between coats (supposedly 15 minutes).

The weather must be dry and warm (around 50 to 75 degrees, no humidity and no wind). Humidity will cause bubbling and the orange peel look.

I'm about to spray my whole trunk when they send me my next order.

how long does the stuff last? i have some scratches i wanted to spray over on my door.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Originally posted by my2ndmax
Thanks. I just ordered it I cant wait to finally have my car looking good again. This bumper ****es me off. You said your going to spray you entire trunk you is your trunk messed up or do you just want to make the paint look fresh again. just curious
My trunk is scratched to hell. The rest of the car is cool so it's about time to repaint it.

Fosgate: On can is supposed to spray 6 square feet. I think 1 can will do one door nicely with a few coats.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Originally posted by deezo
My trunk is scratched to hell. The rest of the car is cool so it's about time to repaint it.

Fosgate: On can is supposed to spray 6 square feet. I think 1 can will do one door nicely with a few coats.
ok thanks for the info man. now if only i can find a nice dry day...kinda hard living in houston though . humidity is usually high most of the time.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Touch Up Paint Question

Originally posted by Fosgate Fan

ok thanks for the info man. now if only i can find a nice dry day...kinda hard living in houston though . humidity is usually high most of the time.
I know what you mean and that's why I haven't been to Houston in about 8 years. Try to do it soon.