General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Major Driver-Side PowerSeat PROBLEMS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Major Driver-Side PowerSeat PROBLEMS!!!

I Have A 2000 Black Maxima SE With The Works & So Far Have Been Very Happy With The Purchase. It Has 42K Miles & I Have Recently Been Experiencing Driver-Side PowerSeat Problems. The Seat For The Last Few Days Will Not Move Forward Or Backwards. It Will However Move Both Up/Down & The Back Control Also Moves Forward/Back. The Seat Just Refuses To Move Forward Or Back When I Move The Switch.
This Weekend I Took The Seat Out Of The Car (What A Pain!) To See Any Obvious Damage/Problems. I Saw Nothing Of Course So After A Few Hours Of Analyzing I Put The Seat Back Into The Car. I Played With All The Connectors, Checked To See If Anything Was Stuck, Tested Everything But It Seemed Fine & Still Didn't Work.
Unbelievably, This Morning When I Went To Work The Seat Worked Fine & Moved Forward! I Couldn't Belive It. Has Anyone Else Had Similar Problems? Or Know Of Any Fixes? Also Because I Am Out Of The 3 Year/36K Warranty Does Anyone Have Any Advice???
Thanks To All For Any Help...
Old 04-21-2003, 10:18 AM

Re: Major Driver-Side PowerSeat PROBLEMS!!!

Originally posted by Fairlady Z 4 Me
I Have A 2000 Black Maxima SE With The Works & So Far Have Been Very Happy With The Purchase. It Has 42K Miles & I Have Recently Been Experiencing Driver-Side PowerSeat Problems. The Seat For The Last Few Days Will Not Move Forward Or Backwards. It Will However Move Both Up/Down & The Back Control Also Moves Forward/Back. The Seat Just Refuses To Move Forward Or Back When I Move The Switch.
This Weekend I Took The Seat Out Of The Car (What A Pain!) To See Any Obvious Damage/Problems. I Saw Nothing Of Course So After A Few Hours Of Analyzing I Put The Seat Back Into The Car. I Played With All The Connectors, Checked To See If Anything Was Stuck, Tested Everything But It Seemed Fine & Still Didn't Work.
Unbelievably, This Morning When I Went To Work The Seat Worked Fine & Moved Forward! I Couldn't Belive It. Has Anyone Else Had Similar Problems? Or Know Of Any Fixes? Also Because I Am Out Of The 3 Year/36K Warranty Does Anyone Have Any Advice???
Thanks To All For Any Help...

I can't really help ya except to maybe suggest trying to find another seat from a junkyard or the dealership. If you're lucky the dealership will take a look at it and not charge you too much.

I'm really amazed, however, that you actually went through the trouble of capitalizing the first letter of every word in your post. It kinda looks like the title to some 50's sci-fi flick.