General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

problem with clutch not disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:32 AM

problem with clutch not disengaging

before I get bombarded with the "Search" button Remark let me advise you that its not working... its telling me that either im not logged in which I obiously am or that im trying to access moderator or administrative data which doesnt make sense to me..hehehe but I have a problem here it is...

about a wk ago I was driving home and on a red light tried to drop in first when my car out of no where doesnt accept any gears at all. had car towed,later found the problem to be the upper hydraulic hose that goes to the slave cylinder, replaced it bleed it and it worked again for about a wk, but I noticed that I would sometimes grind 3 and every now & then 4 till last friday when my brother peeled out and then it happened again where I cant put the gears in, noticed moisture on the clutch master and replaced it last night, and nothing the samething is happend, when I start the car if in Neutral cant put in gear, if started in first its starts jumping forward taking of so the clutch doesnt disangage all the way. if the car is on in neutral and you press the clutch pedal some where between pushing it all the way in and leaving it unpressed I feel vibration on the pedal and right before pressing it all the way theres a winding/grinding noice coming from the pivot arm and clutch which my friend tells me know that I might have blew the clutch since he stuck hes finger in through the boot and took out some clutch fiber, which realy sucks since I've had my new ACT clutch in for less than 6 mnths.. know I wanted to ask you guys if it sound like thats the problem. and when changing the clutch what other things are recommened to be changed to ensure nothing else causes it to go bad again. could the ocational 3rd gear grinding be that the tranny needs to be rebuilt or a bearing which I hear from a mechanic tell me that when changing the clutch a bearing in the tranny needs to be changed?
your opinions would be greatly appreciated!