General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

how do you boys react when you are blatantly cut-off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 04:02 PM

I'm usually happy go-lucky and mild-mannered, but I hate it when someone pulls out and makes you slam on your brakes to avoid hitting them. Some van pulled out of a gas station and did that to me. I had to swerve into the other lane to avoid hitting him, and then he would not let me back in causing me to almost miss my turn. So i caught up with his ugly *** and cut him off, and drove the speed limit. At the last minute, I moved to the right lane leaving him stranded in a line backed up because of a dude turning left. I know it's childish but sometimes these guys gotta be taught.
Old 01-23-2001, 04:14 PM
spyder

in spring valley if im with my friend whos and EMT and if we are hangin out, he usually has his Radio. we'll call in a Drunk driver and give a car description and license plate... and then we hear " officer en route " and keep doin what we where doin.

and thats all she wrote.

Old 01-23-2001, 04:15 PM

uhmm i trip out when people cut me off. I ususaly just honk and flip em off but when they have the audacity to flip me off back i go crazy. I will floor it and get around them scream at em for being so damn stupid, cut them off etc....
Whatever gets the job done

Adam
Old 01-23-2001, 04:23 PM
I'm needing a caw

You gotta learn to chill dude. Yeah it happend and it's gonna happen again.

I hope some guy doesn't think a .38 will get the job done on you bro.

It sucks when people do that ****, but hey you can't let that crap get you worked up, it's not worth it.

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE
uhmm i trip out when people cut me off. I ususaly just honk and flip em off but when they have the audacity to flip me off back i go crazy. I will floor it and get around them scream at em for being so damn stupid, cut them off etc....
Whatever gets the job done

Adam
Old 01-23-2001, 04:28 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I ususally let it go, but.......

when its a blatant cut off, I do the speed around them and then go 5mph in front of them method!! the other day, an Altima tried to be slick and cut me off on the two lane into one lane situation(I was in the lane with the sign marked -->(straight) and he was in the turn lane) he jumped at the green, but I easily reeled(gotta love that torque) him in and he had to brake to avoid hitting the curb and a parked car! he got behind me and tailgated....just another sore loser!!! the funny thing was when I gunned it and passed him I tapped the gas twice and the intake spit out a two short low growls and sounded like it was saying "Unh Uh", not this time my 4cylinder!!
Old 01-23-2001, 04:38 PM

For every guy with a fake gun or a real gun .. there are 10 more that have a real gun that dont wave them around.
Old 01-23-2001, 04:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

The other day........

me and my friends were driving and this white explorer cuts us off and almost hits us, so at the stoplight one my "crazy" friends jumps out of the car, thorws his jacket on the ground, starts screaming and running around like psycho! so the guy in the ford flicks us off and my friend stares dead at him and then runs to the back of my boys car an starts tapping on the trunk, the trunk opens and he starts rummaging around like there was some guns or something back there(wasn't anything back there but an old shirt)..........lets just say I never seen a car make a quicker right turn on red before!! dude was goooooone in a wink!!! funny as hell!!

Originally posted by doug
I pull up beside them... slowly open the glove compartment... remove my glock.. wave it at them 3 times and then get behind them.. they usually take the next exit... then i put the glock back in the glove compartment... and keep going
Old 01-23-2001, 04:41 PM

Lay on the air horns

pull up next to them long hair swingin' middle finger in the air... If they persist, I'll brake check em', or motion them to the side of the road, that usually shuts them up. It seems I get cut off every day. Some idiot always cuts me off or ends up almost hitting me (always get out in the nick of time). What really pisses me off is when some one cuts you off, and they get all postal on you. Makes no sense...
Old 01-23-2001, 04:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Usually when cut if.. The reaction is a flick of the wrist. A downshift. And blowing by the offender.. Then trying to get them stuck behind me in traffic.. Hehe.. =)

ZuM
Old 01-23-2001, 04:54 PM

Brake heard, swerve...

Then, horns, the finger.. passem, stare attem.. if they stare back like they werent at fault, they might just get stuff thrown at them. (Only done once.. some guy cut me off on the freeway, broke to 10mph [literally] .. and then floored it.)

I swerved at that guy too, this was my 87 max.
Old 01-23-2001, 05:10 PM

aww damn

I hate it when i get cut off, damn! Last time it was a two lane left hand turn. I was in the right lane. Guy in the left had a trailer, so i figured i wouldbe a good driver and give him some space. So i go slow and let him go ahead (until he is straigh enough). The F*CK goes into MY Lane with me in there, i have to go up onto the curb. I LAY down on the horn, flash the high beams, while my girl flicks him off for me. Aww damn i hadnt been that pissed for a LONG time. Still makesa me mad. If my GF hadnt been there, wanting to go somewhere i would have followed him, but we had to turn. Grrrr.
Old 01-23-2001, 05:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Two words . . .

Back off. Life's too short as it is.
Old 01-23-2001, 05:48 PM

Re: Two words . . .

Count to ten and let it go
Old 01-23-2001, 06:28 PM

easier said than done.
Old 01-23-2001, 07:02 PM

Here is Massachusetts it's a fact of life, so I hardly ever notice. If someone cuts me off, and I happen to notice, I just laugh at them for being such poor drivers and go on my merry.
Old 01-23-2001, 07:10 PM

I have driven in many cities all over the U.S. and abroad, but I don't think I've seen as many terrible drivers per mile than here in Memphis. It's just friggin' incredible!

Cut-off in traffic? How does 2 or 3 times per day grab you?
People do NOT use their turn signal. At all. NEVER. So when a fool in front of you brakes hard for no apparent reason, don't worry, s/he's just making a routine turn!

If you need to change lanes, as soon as you activate your turn signal, the idiot beside you *speeds up* and blocks you off the lane change, so you don't get in front of him! Tailgaters? They rub the paint off your rear bumper. When you pull over to let them pass, they ease in behind you, no signal, cutting off the car that was 4 car lengths behind you and gaining fast.

And once the transgression has taken place, the idiot transgressor immediately holds everyone else responsible for his action. You have 3 choices: 1- Go nuts, 2- Back off and bite your tongue, 3- Hope that someday, that idiot will win The Darwin Award!

I am a Damn Yankee stranded in the Mid-South!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2001, 07:23 PM

i can get very pissed off..
Old 01-23-2001, 07:29 PM

a geo metro cutted me off it was a one lane road with lots of cop there (in that area) there was nothign I can do I got so @#%^# mad could have pass the metro easily but didn't
Old 01-23-2001, 07:44 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Hanging out

When anyone cuts me off be prepared for a tailgaitin', high beaming, and then getting passes good time. But what really pisses me off is when i'm leaving school and some old lady will stop at the merge, where we have the right of way, and let the busses out. I don't want to be stuck behind that ****. I'll put the car in park roll the window down, hang myself out while honking the horn the whole time. Scream and flip them off, scream some more. Follow them home, steal their walker.
________
Vaporizer Reviews

Last edited by dmbmaxima2k2; 09-04-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2001, 08:05 PM

dmbmaxima88

nice sig. lol
Old 01-23-2001, 08:11 PM

id make that mf see the bottom of my sneakers
Old 01-24-2001, 07:41 AM

I for one understand why you get pissed when somebody cuts you off, but I 'm sure there were many times you guys cut people off. THe best thing to do is blow it off IMO. Never know who you will come across. Sometimes when I cut someone off and I don't mean it I see how pissed some people get and it makes me laugh because they look so ridiculous.. Really want to **** someone off just laugh at them, then you really got the best of them. Funny thing though some women go really crazy, I think I am more scared of them.
Old 01-24-2001, 08:22 AM

On my way to work one morning (and nobody is ever in a good mood in rush hour traffic), this Camry cuts me off hard enough to make me hit my brakes. I had seen this cut cutting in and out of lanes behind me for a few minutes. I decide to tail him until he notices a very pissed off Maxima is breathing down his neck. He flips me the bird, so I wave hello and smile and continue for a couple miles, until he's totally aggravated and starts tapping his brakes. I motion for him to pull over so we can settle this like men, so as he pulls over and slows down, I pull next to him, scream "STUPID!" and take off down the expressway.
Old 01-24-2001, 08:55 AM

Nothing good has ever come out of roadrage! Just don't let it get to you, life is too short.

Old 01-24-2001, 09:10 AM

I usually foloow them home, kill their entire family with my Franchi... >>

semi-auto shotgun and suck their eyeballs out with a vacuum cleaner.

But that's usually less than 2% of the time. The other 98% of the time, when I don't forget to take my medication, I just ignore them.
Old 01-24-2001, 09:14 AM

Well I think if we all be more defensive drivers we can predict a idiots move, like if I know the car needs to get over and they are just to dumb to realize they need to signal and make it in time. I just try to avoid being a hater, and I hate high beems........and im like doug, "I swear officer I am returning from the range" he he.....but all in all just let the idiots in, cause I hate when people don't be courteous in the time of need when I need to switch lanes
Old 01-24-2001, 09:50 AM
My 4DSC

Well...

Disclaimer:
Road Rage is bad. I do not condone this type of behavior.
I could have been shot and killed. But I was lucky.

Here's my story:

the last time i was "intentionally" cut off...
i responded pretty violently...
this guy cut me off then started brake checking as well...
it was completely uncalled for...
dont know if he thought i was someone else or something...
but i wasnt tailgating at all...

so when we eventually got to a stop sign...
i jumped out of my civic...
ran up to his car...
jumped on the trunk of his 82' or so corolla...
put a nice big dent in it...
then jumped off and went up to his window...
told him to get the F outta the car so i could beat his A$$.
he refused...of course...
and his girlfriend was mortified...
after telling him to get out about 5 times w/ no response...
i decided to punch his window.....HARD....
after about 3 or 4 tries it finally shattered....
(the first couple tries actually broke my knuckle)...
when the window shattered he took off...
thats when i reached up and tried to rip off his antenna...
he pulls a quick U-turn and tries to run me over...
i quickly dodge the oncoming piece of shiet...
then run back to my car and calmy proceed home...

i learned 2 lessons after i calmed down:
#1) side windows are not very easy to shatter.
#2) medical bills are expensive.

this happened about 4 yrs ago...
i think i've calmed down a little since then...
but i would still feel sorry for anyone that F's w/ my car.

Old 01-24-2001, 10:07 AM

well... this is what we do:

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...threadid=19826