General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

maxima review needs YOUR help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 10:43 AM

maxima review needs YOUR help!

Yeah what the topic said.. I am in the process of making a maxima review site as some of you might already know... I will continue to work on it until its done of course.. What am I asking here if ANYONE wants to volunteer to edit/add products to the list.. If you take a look..

http://maxima.ath.cx/

You'll see theres ALOT of performance products that need pricing and some description/admin review.. Im looking for anyone that would like to help out in filling in these things.. You will be editing it by the webpage itself in a admin section I am in the process of creating...

http://maxima.ath.cx/admin/

If anyone is interested drop me a PM or reply here or whatever you want... Thanks!
Old 05-18-2003, 02:42 PM

Re: maxima review needs YOUR help!

Originally posted by s0ber
Yeah what the topic said.. I am in the process of making a maxima review site as some of you might already know... I will continue to work on it until its done of course.. What am I asking here if ANYONE wants to volunteer to edit/add products to the list.. If you take a look..

http://maxima.ath.cx/

You'll see theres ALOT of performance products that need pricing and some description/admin review.. Im looking for anyone that would like to help out in filling in these things.. You will be editing it by the webpage itself in a admin section I am in the process of creating...

http://maxima.ath.cx/admin/

If anyone is interested drop me a PM or reply here or whatever you want... Thanks!
Hmmmm, well I started up something similar based around the idea of a wiki where "anyone" can edit it, and we pretty much have a complete parts listing, description and lowest prices for the 4th Gen, with the 5th and 3rd coming. And if anyone ever finds a lower price or wants to add a description or a new part, they can edit the page just like they post in this forum to change it, no html knowledge required.

I'm suprised you didn't hear about it:
http://drewm.dyndns.org/~drew/maxfaq...aModifications
Old 05-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

whoa thats alot of stuff
Old 05-18-2003, 03:11 PM

Actually... by the way your capitalization is on your page.... (Cattman b-pipe, Courtesy nissan b-pipe, I just fixed the caps on my page right now) and the parts you have listed (Complete JWT Nitrous Oxide Package being the only NOS listing you have) it looks like you pretty much just took the parts right off my site, which I find to be pretty funny. Just be ready to keep up with my site, we have many changes and lots of parts added everyday:
List of changes ordered by day
I can see from my recent changes, that you're already behind. We have quite a few new items on my Interior Page.

I really don't have an issue with that... if you can build a better site, go for it, it will definately benefit the maxima community as a whole. But I definately think you're in for a LOT of work, luckily on my site I have quite a few people that have been helping me along the way with mine.

Also, a quick suggestion... it just feels like it's hard to find all the parts in a certain category... like finding all the y-pipes for example out of the whole listing of like 60ish Performance parts. Maybe you'd want to organize it into smaller categories on subpages, like Intakes, Mufflers, Y-pipes so users would be able to find them better?
Old 05-18-2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by drewm
Actually... by the way your capitalization is on your page.... (Cattman b-pipe, Courtesy nissan b-pipe, I just fixed the caps on my page right now) and the parts you have listed (Complete JWT Nitrous Oxide Package being the only NOS listing you have) it looks like you pretty much just took the parts right off my site, which I find to be pretty funny. Just be ready to keep up with my site, we have many changes and lots of parts added everyday:
List of changes ordered by day
I can see from my recent changes, that you're already behind. We have quite a few new items on my Interior Page.

I really don't have an issue with that... if you can build a better site, go for it, it will definately benefit the maxima community as a whole. But I definately think you're in for a LOT of work, luckily on my site I have quite a few people that have been helping me along the way with mine.

Also, a quick suggestion... it just feels like it's hard to find all the parts in a certain category... like finding all the y-pipes for example out of the whole listing of like 60ish Performance parts. Maybe you'd want to organize it into smaller categories on subpages, like Intakes, Mufflers, Y-pipes so users would be able to find them better?
Hey! Your site inspired me to do this, here's the deal im learning sql and php so I needed something to do that was worth it and would let me gain some knowledge on them.. So I decided to do something that would be helpful to others (the maxima community).. This is by no means a fight for the best site :P Yeah I took alot of information from your site because well I wouldn't know what to add by myself..

Also im basing this site on reviews so people can add comments if they did or didn't like what they recieved from that certain vender.. Also im going to have vender feedback sort of like ebay.. I have alot of things in mind right now and im currently in the battle of organizing it. I use your information with YOUR permission of course if you feel that anything need to come off by all means email me at s0ber@bellsouth.net :P

Any suggestions are welcome.. The better I make the site the better I learn my php/sql :P

EDIT: I decided to shut down the site.. I thought about it for a while and decided it wouldn't be worth having two identical sites! Oh well, i'll keep you informed on what else I decide to do for the maxima community! :P
Old 05-18-2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by s0ber

Hey! Your site inspired me to do this, here's the deal im learning sql and php so I needed something to do that was worth it and would let me gain some knowledge on them.. So I decided to do something that would be helpful to others (the maxima community).. This is by no means a fight for the best site :P Yeah I took alot of information from your site because well I wouldn't know what to add by myself..

Also im basing this site on reviews so people can add comments if they did or didn't like what they recieved from that certain vender.. Also im going to have vender feedback sort of like ebay.. I have alot of things in mind right now and im currently in the battle of organizing it. I use your information with YOUR permission of course if you feel that anything need to come off by all means email me at s0ber@bellsouth.net :P

Any suggestions are welcome.. The better I make the site the better I learn my php/sql :P
Good stuff. Php is a lot of fun, probably my favorite language. Feel free to use anything on my site.