General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

kool blue filters

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kool blue filters

Anyone here try the accel kool blue filters yet? from the little i heard about them theres supposed to be as good as/better than the k&n, but i really havent talked to anyone who used them or even found anyplace that carries them. We got a catalog for them at autozone and can get the drop ins, but not the universals. just wanted any thoughts or input about them. thanks
Old 06-09-2003, 07:24 PM
JsL

go to ebay and get the 30 dollar intake that INCLUDES a bent midpipe!!! I should have gotten that and saved a lot of money. But I do like my apexi filter
Old 06-09-2003, 07:32 PM
ivelweyz

Originally posted by JsL
go to ebay and get the 30 dollar intake that INCLUDES a bent midpipe!!! I should have gotten that and saved a lot of money. But I do like my apexi filter
That was really pointless. Unless you're going to answer his questions don't post moron.
The kool blue filters are good. Couple of my friends were comparing them in their civics, the cone filters. They were doing somelistening tests, mpg and that kind of stuff. It's not really accurate but whatever pleases their little 1.6L minds...

Old 06-10-2003, 11:48 AM

I've only seen them in mag's.. Never tried them. I'm sure it'll work just like an yother cone filter. There all the same

Unless you like the pretty blue color
Old 06-10-2003, 03:57 PM

is it a dry type or filter or is it an oiled filter?
Old 06-10-2003, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
is it a dry type or filter or is it an oiled filter?

Theyre an oiled filter. supposedely similar to k&n with better filtration and flow, but thats about all i heard about them. i have thyer catalog in front of me now, im just tryin to find someplace to buy the universal cones filters at, all i can find are drop ins.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:04 PM

I've been watching them on shows like super tuner and horespower tv and they all say you wash them and put them back in. So do you have to oil it or not and who sells them. Chris
Old 06-10-2003, 08:54 PM

Accel vs. K&N, I'd use a K&N, just like how when I was faced with Accel vs. MSD, I choose MSD for the Durango's Ignition. Sure, Accel makes a good product though, its all personal preference.

Kool Blue gets my vote though, as long as it doesnt cost as much as K&N, which I believe its close to half as expensive.

Wash generally means oil, but all manufactures are different.

MrGone
Old 06-10-2003, 09:10 PM
JsL

What is your problem?

Originally posted by ivelweyz

That was really pointless. Unless you're going to answer his questions don't post moron.
What the??? Dude, did I just offend you in some way? Well, you offended me. How the heck are you just going to post something like that?

My answer to his question was to just go on ebay to get a decent intake setup for maybe 40 shipped.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:19 PM
ivelweyz

Re: What is your problem?

Originally posted by JsL

What the??? Dude, did I just offend you in some way? Well, you offended me. How the heck are you just going to post something like that?

My answer to his question was to just go on ebay to get a decent intake setup for maybe 40 shipped.
That had nothing to do with anything he said in his post. If you think they are all the same you really are a, well. He asked about KOOL BLUE not some garbage on EBAY. I had on from ebay so I know...

Old 06-10-2003, 09:36 PM
JsL

Re: Re: What is your problem?

That had nothing to do with anything he said in his post. If you think they are all the same you really are a, well. He asked about KOOL BLUE not some garbage on EBAY. I had on from ebay so I know...
What...I'm an *******? For not knowing? Why do you think I have an apexi filter on my car. Regardless, calling someone a moron is uncalled for. You called me a moron because you are mad that you bought garbage off ebay? Ebay does sell crap sometime, I agree. If you are mad at ebay, don't let your steam off me.

I don't want to continue to argue...but I just want you to know that calling someone a moron is totally uncalled for. It's not like I asked if the "Tornado" supercharger actually works.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:43 PM
ivelweyz

well the tornado does work except people here are too ignorant to try it themselves. I am too I didn't believe it either until my electronics teacher showed me it really works. He put it on his 2001 Z06, he never mods any of his cars until the warranty expires so the tornado was his only option. And I've driven his car many times before and many times after and I did notice the difference. He takes me to the vette show in illionois once in a while and the mpg have improved...

Old 06-10-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm needing a caw

What?! Come on man!

well the tornado does work except people here are too ignorant to try it themselves. I am too I didn't believe it either until my electronics teacher showed me it really works. He put it on his 2001 Z06, he never mods any of his cars until the warranty expires so the tornado was his only option. And I've driven his car many times before and many times after and I did notice the difference. He takes me to the vette show in illionois once in a while and the mpg have improved...
Old 06-11-2003, 08:10 AM

Re: What is your problem?

Originally posted by JsL

in his defense i didnt ask anything about an intake so your reply was off topic. i already have an intake im just looking for another filter because i dont have time to wash and clean mine. so again any imput on kool blue would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:49 AM
ivelweyz

Originally posted by Jeff92se
What?! Come on man!

what don't believe me, huh. Get one and see yourself. Return it if you don't like it. I will give you that it isn't worth the $40 they charge, it's a little piece of metal. Isn't it the same thing as a velocity stack though. From reading on the ORG it seems that a velocity stack works on the same principal as a tornado, it has blades(sort of) that make the air coming in into a funnel type thing...

Old 06-11-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm needing a caw

Get it dyno tested.