General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why i haven't driven my Maxima in over 4 months......Lots of Pictures !

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 08:19 PM

Why i haven't driven my Maxima in over 4 months......Lots of Pictures !

Been along time since i've posted or even browsed these forums. The maxima has been sitting for over 4 months and i just now got my parts back.
I took alot of pictues through the process and figured i would post up the pictures of the first half. I got some pictures of the parts but there on my camera and i haven't got them off yet so for now here's the before pictures.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/sithmax92

There kind of backwards so it starts with the end of the tear down. Then up to my car as a whole before we ripped into it. There big pictures so have fun.
I should have the pictures of my parts Now uploaded maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I get to start putting it back togeather tomorrow. Woohoo
Old 06-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So what have you been doing? Rebuilding the engine?
Old 06-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Porting the Intake Manifold, Porting the Plenum, V Cut the inside of the Plenum, Plugged off my EGR Valve, Bored my Throttle Body all the way through.
Replaced Knock Sensor, Replaced Y-pipe.

I'm going to run into a very serious Lean condition though so we'll probably be slapping on some Skyline R32 GT-R Injectors, and a Walbro Fuel Pump. Don't even know if i'll be able to drive it when we get it put back togeather. We stopped there cause i needed the car back but it took FOREVER!

In about 6 months i'm thinking about tearing it all apart again and building the engine for Boost.

Depends on if i get boost on my 350z or not by then. We'll see.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:53 PM
STFU n00b!

buy a spare engine and work on it while the rest of your car is running. it's a lot easier that way.

btw.. why you think you're goign to run lean on the factory injectors if you're still N/A? yeah, there's more airflow, but not THAT much. the ECU will be able to take some of it out. otherwise I suggest some Z32 injectors. they're closer to the size you'll need, and you MAY not have to tweak the ECU. other thing you can do is just bump the fuel pressure a few PSI and leave the stock injectors in there.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:57 PM

Well the machine shop got 35 CFM more flow out of my Manifold. Which is quite abit. I'm not exactly sure HOW bad of a lean problem we'll have but were expecting it just in case. If not then great!! and your right the ECU will take care of alot of it. But the Machine shop guy was really worried about my lean situation.
My car is going to be a complete dog off the line though it's going to be awesome. haha

And i was going to go with the Z32 injectors but why pass up free GT-R injectors? Or maybe not free but for around 50 bucks hell yeah.
I'll probably end up making a call to JWT but we'll see how it goes when it gets up and running.

He also cut my Tab on my Throttle Body cause the stock tab doesn't allow the Throttle body to open up all the way.

I can't wait

hows your car doing anyway Matt? been along time man
My Z is still awesome !!
mauahaha
Old 06-15-2003, 09:50 PM

Link fixed
Sorry !
Old 06-15-2003, 09:56 PM
STFU n00b!

Uhhh, GT-R Injectors for $50? where? how? Me want!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:38 AM

haha
sorry matt but it's a one time deal.

My buddies has an extra set laying around from his old RB when it was blown. He's got an R33 RB26 in his R32 now. And he said if we do run into a lean problem he'll hook me up with them.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:38 AM
STFU n00b!

Loser.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Old Maxima Legend

(quote) Why i haven't driven my Maxima in over 4 months {end quote)

1. i dunno, you have 287,456 miles on her and figured she could use a break ?

2. you won the lottery and you now drive a 1000 hp toyota supra, a hummer, and private jet.

3. your a big Boise Xtreme football fan and they recently had a scrimmage with the dallas cowboys and scored a TD, you went crazy, fell out of your seat onto the field, broke your leg and several ribs in the process.

4. as a practical joke, your friends filled your entire car with potatos, and then superglued your locks and flushed your remotes down the toilet.

5. you pawned your steering wheel for extra cash and can't seem to be able to get up the money to get it out of pawn.

6. you got owned in a street race against a honda civic, and like most of us here at the org we would take some time off too .. not to mention repaint the car.

7. after a quick stop at taco bell, you had a big time mexi feast, while driving home, you had a few accidents in the drivers seat, the car still doesnt smell the same ...

8. the highway patrol sent you that little letter in the mail about collecting to many tickets and your license is now suspended.

9. 4 months ago you watched several weird movies: The Car, Christine, Friday the 13th and Maximum Overdrive. now things just dont seem the same, the car, going outside, its all just to strange.

10. you lost a bet with some of your friends, you have to wear a huge pink afro wig, and big pink clown shades and those big red shoes for 5 months. one month to go !
Old 06-16-2003, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by Ceasars Chariot
[B [/B]
you seem to be pretty vivid with those descriptions...all that happen to you recently?
Old 06-16-2003, 04:15 PM

hahaha
Actually you are correct

it's such a shame.. I now have 2 civics in my drive-way