General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

**PICS** from HIN in Orlando, FL

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:32 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who won?

Originally posted by thebigsadler

i don't have any fancy hyper whites or neons and i win car shows. I do however have bigger, shinier wheels, big brakes, full stereo, fully chromed/polished engine (powdercoating isn't much for show), full interior with custom modifications, etc, etc..

the reason I asked is because you have seats, wheels, kit, and supercharger. that's about it, and for a carshow it's all about the details and as albert mentioned touching every aspect of the car.

i am not trying to be arrogant, but i just don't know if you know what it takes to win at a hot import nights style event. local shows are worthless.
If your gonna hate on everyones ride that attempts to show it at a car show it makes you seem REALLY arrogant and thats how people see it. I see it as this, Craig probably didnt even care if he won or not, he just wanted to place his car in the car show just for the hell of it just like the other 30 cars that are there for the hell of it. Some people like yourself are there for the sport, and it can get pretty out of hand if the person doesnt win because they think they should have. I am basically saying this, its all a game of hit or miss, you win some and you lose some.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Car Shows

Originally posted by rob van dam
boost means something at shows. It gives you points on the performance side of things. To win at big car shows, you have to have stuff done to your car that touch many aspects of the car. I got points taken off at a show because all i had done performance wise was a cold air intake and a cat-back(so the SC you have does help out). Craig Mack, get some more audio and some custom "visual" mods and youll be str8...

PS..i have some things in the works...soo we'll see...
Last year when I was one of the only ones to have boost I can tell you that when I went up against other maximas, altimas 300zx... It was always having more of a complete package that put me over the hump. I've only entered four shows but I won all four for either best Nissan or best Four-Door Mild. Some had ill paint jobs & rims but nothing else.... some had a system & rims but nothing else.... But if you have a system, rims a clean looking car and some kind of boost, you should place somewhere! I'm hoping to stretch down south a little farther for some show because the NY show set is kinda soft i admit... I have yet to update my sig and hompage w/new pics too. These are over a year old! Alot has happened since then...
I think if you want to win or place you have to expect the other guys to have what you have but you gotta get something they WONT have to place!!

Deac
Old 06-17-2003, 10:04 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i beat you all at shows... if my car was still here..

:attention
Old 06-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Car Shows

Originally posted by Deac

Last year when I was one of the only ones to have boost I can tell you that when I went up against other maximas, altimas 300zx... It was always having more of a complete package that put me over the hump. I've only entered four shows but I won all four for either best Nissan or best Four-Door Mild. Some had ill paint jobs & rims but nothing else.... some had a system & rims but nothing else.... But if you have a system, rims a clean looking car and some kind of boost, you should place somewhere! I'm hoping to stretch down south a little farther for some show because the NY show set is kinda soft i admit... I have yet to update my sig and hompage w/new pics too. These are over a year old! Alot has happened since then...
I think if you want to win or place you have to expect the other guys to have what you have but you gotta get something they WONT have to place!!

Deac
::black preacher voice:: can i get an amen!!!! ::black preacher voice::
Old 06-17-2003, 04:51 PM

Re: Re: Who won?

The hottest nissan went to julia pham's 240sx (purple) from jade. I don't remember who got 1st and 2nd, I was surprised I won because of my suspension, but I guess it was enough. I can't wait till I get my suspension and turbo, hopefully by HIN Atlanta in august.

Thanks for all the compliments and meeting people at the show.

Did you expect to win something craig?
I would like to correct Jason here!! hehehehhe Julia's car is not really from jade, it's from tenchi(all girl team). She is Brian's(which is from jade) girlfriend.
Dont get mad at me Jason for correcting you i'm just trying to post ***** to catch up with my friend which has 3000 post
Old 06-17-2003, 06:33 PM

i only saw 1 or 2 maxima there but i wasnt walking around much... I was where the Skyline was handing out business cards for the shop, the skyline and the 5 others around it are friends of mine as well as customers...
Old 06-17-2003, 09:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Who won?

Originally posted by PearlRalizinG2k

I would like to correct Jason here!! hehehehhe Julia's car is not really from jade, it's from tenchi(all girl team). She is Brian's(which is from jade) girlfriend.
Dont get mad at me Jason for correcting you i'm just trying to post ***** to catch up with my friend which has 3000 post
Hey, I'm glad you corrected him, cuz I was wondering about that when I read it. I thought you had told me once that Jade had an all girl team named Tenchi... anyways, all of the cars from Jade and Tenchi are nice cars.

Btw, what's up Nada... you gonna be at the next Orlando meet?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:05 PM

just as fyi, the tenchi cars are all apart of jade and listed under jade when they show.

and malik you are right, there are hardly any if any at all complete maxima's. blake's was one, before it was stripped and now redone.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:24 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who won?

Originally posted by gtr_rider

If your gonna hate on everyones ride that attempts to show it at a car show it makes you seem REALLY arrogant and thats how people see it. I see it as this, Craig probably didnt even care if he won or not, he just wanted to place his car in the car show just for the hell of it just like the other 30 cars that are there for the hell of it. Some people like yourself are there for the sport, and it can get pretty out of hand if the person doesnt win because they think they should have. I am basically saying this, its all a game of hit or miss, you win some and you lose some.
This was my very first show. I consider my car half performance, half style.

I have two tone leather, a PioPremier headunit, and my triple gauge deal for my interior. That's it. And that's how I like it, for the most part. Exterior....rims, drop, tint, kit, grille, shaved rear, clear reds, clears, ect. Performance...SC@10psi, full exhaust, clutch, STS, FSTB, ect...engine...I painted the SC piping, valve cover, hoses, and little ***** blue myself. Cost me probubly $12 total.

I don't have any fancy lightning, or a system, or brake upgrades. I didn't do my brakes becuase I heard upgrading to a big brake kit without anti-lock brakes could cause them to lock up alot...which would be really bad. I don't have 1 sticker on my car either. I guess the show scene demands these kinds of things...but IMHO sometimes less is more. I like it clean cut. I can't wait for projector headlights to come out though.

I expected Jason to win, and i'm glad he did. Someone needs to represent Maxima's there. And his isn't ricey like 95.9% of the cars there. It would have been nice if I had won something. but I don't know if I wanna do what's necissary to do so. I'm just glad I got a taste of what it's like.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who won?

Originally posted by Craig Mack

I have two tone leather, a PioPremier headunit, and my triple gauge deal for my interior. That's it. And that's how I like it, for the most part. Exterior....rims, drop, tint, kit, grille, shaved rear, clear reds, clears, ect. Performance...SC@10psi, full exhaust, clutch, STS, FSTB, ect...engine...I painted the SC piping, valve cover, hoses, and little ***** blue myself. Cost me probubly $12 total.
Just to let you know, gauge cluster/pods aren't really a big show item. Tint, grille, clear tails and fronts are also not really big show items either. As far as your performance mods, what counts is a blue supercharger. Your STS, your "clutch", your FSTB, and etc are pretty much worthless in the show scene. I am not trying to diss on you here or make you feel like you don't belong at shows, but I am trying to explain that you have to expand and do other things that grab attention (which has nothing to do with neons or hyper whites).

I don't have any fancy lightning, or a system, or brake upgrades. I didn't do my brakes becuase I heard upgrading to a big brake kit without anti-lock brakes could cause them to lock up alot...which would be really bad. I don't have 1 sticker on my car either. I guess the show scene demands these kinds of things...but IMHO sometimes less is more. I like it clean cut. I can't wait for projector headlights to come out though.
You "heard" wrong. Big brakes with anti lock will slide just as much as normal brakes with anti lock, if anything you will still stop faster with the big brakes and slide less. Having stickers on your car go 2 different ways, whether you have them on your car to support companies who give you stuff for free or whether you like to slap some on the side of your doors that cover crappy paint work. I am not a fan of body graphics or any graphics, but i do run sponsor stickers because they ask me to. I am not trying to diss on you here or make you feel like you don't belong at shows, but I am trying to explain that you have to expand and do other things that grab attention (which has nothing to do with neons or hyper whites).

I expected Jason to win, and i'm glad he did. Someone needs to represent Maxima's there. And his isn't ricey like 95.9% of the cars there. It would have been nice if I had won something. but I don't know if I wanna do what's necissary to do so. I'm just glad I got a taste of what it's like.
I appreciate your confidence in me and your compliments. When you go to shows you have to expect to see ricers and cars that look like crap. But you also have to do whats right for you, which is why my car isn't like any other maxima and probably why it continues to win shows. I will say for the 3rd time I am not trying to diss on you here or make you feel like you don't belong at shows, but I am trying to explain that you have to expand and do other things that grab attention (which has nothing to do with neons or hyper whites).
Old 06-18-2003, 06:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who won?

I am not trying to diss on you here or make you feel like you don't belong at shows, but I am trying to explain that you have to expand and do other things that grab attention (which has nothing to do with neons or hyper whites).
All good chief
Old 06-19-2003, 01:36 AM

Orlando?? dammit, I never seem to find any nissan events near me.
<---Winter Park,FL
Old 06-19-2003, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Maxima NutBag
Orlando?? dammit, I never seem to find any nissan events near me.
&lt;---Winter Park,FL

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=220574

Usually we have one once a month and they alternate from Tampa area to Orlando area. There's another show coming up in Orlando, heres some info on it...

SpeedLife Show
July 19th, 2003
5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, Florida
Advanced Tickets: $14.00 + Tax

Admission is $17.00 at the gate.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Lives in a 350Z

Originally posted by ShortT

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=220574

Usually we have one once a month and they alternate from Tampa area to Orlando area. There's another show coming up in Orlando, heres some info on it...

SpeedLife Show
July 19th, 2003
5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, Florida
Advanced Tickets: $14.00 + Tax

Admission is $17.00 at the gate.

This sunday UCF is holding a car show on campus $5 with UCF ID, or $10 general.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:56 AM
CaLSoNiC

Re: Re: Tight Show

No problem...

Lucas: Thank you

KLoWnPR109: I'm positive. The camera flash did it. But ask anyone....honest.
w00 congrats.
Hey My name is Lucas as well. Neat stuff.

Old 06-20-2003, 05:02 AM

Man after my own heart!... gotta get that @ss shots!