General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Please help with aftermarket remote starter, please

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Please help with aftermarket remote starter, please

Guys I posted earlier in the week but no one responded, I really need help with my remote starter. Ok I have the Crimestopper CS 2015FM "The Informer". Basically I'm having trouble starting my car with the remote when its cold, when its warm no problem. I contacted Crimestopper they said to add a 4 to 5 pin terminal relay for the cold start wire and wire that up directly to the starter wire which is Brown, and the cold start wire which is black with green stripe. So me and my installer hook up the relay just as Crimestopper informed us, and still when the car is cold it just keeps cranking, and cranking, it won't start. Does this hurt the starter or anything else by the way? Just Curious, secondly which color is the OEM factory anti theft wire inside the door panel, because we also have too hook up the Crimestopper Factory Arm/Disarm feature, secondly my installer said since Crimestoppers advice failed that he will hook up the cold start wire directly to Ignition 2, and remove the existing Ignition 2 wiring, please help what can we do to make the damn thing work...